1 Disguise 8-

1 FB: Press Pass

2 KS: Krypton 11-

2 PS: Daily Planet Reporter 11-

2 Reputation: The Man of Steel 11-

1 Streetwise 8-

Total Skills Cost: 23

Cost Powers

48 Multipower (60 Points) Does Not Work During Red Solar Radiation Exposure (-1/4)

4 u) Armor +20 rPD +20 rED, Does Not Work During Green Kryponite Exposure (-1/4)

4 u) EB 12d6, Not in a Vacuum (-1/4) ["Super Cold Breath"]

4 u) Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Date or Place in Time), Does Not Work During Green Kryptonite Exposure (-1/4)

4 u) FTL Travel 32,000,000 LY/Year [1 LY/Second], Does Not Work During Green Kryponite Exposure (-1/4)

4 u) Flight 20km, Megascale (+1/4), 1/2 END (+1/4), Does Not Work During Green Krypotnite Exposure (-1/4)

2 u) Healing: Regeneration 3 BODY/Turn, Does Not Work During Green Kryponite Exposure (-1/4)

2 u) Mind Link: Any Willing Mind, No LOS ["Super-Ventriloquism"]

4 u) RKA 4d6, Beam Attack (-1/4) ["Heat Vision"]

4 u) SPD +6. D0es Not Work During Green Kryptonite Exposure (-1/4) ["Superspeed"]

3 u) STR +40, No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), No END (+1/2), Does Not Work During Green Kryptonite Exposure (-1/4) ["Super-Strength"]

4 u) Tunnelling 12" Through DEF 12, Does Not Work During Green Kryponite Exposure (-1/4)

24 Armor +10 rPD +10 rED, Does Not Work During Red Solar Radiation Exposure (-1/4)

18 EC (Yellow Sun Energy)-22 Points, Does Not Work During Red Solar Radiation Exposure (-1/4)

13 1) Flight 15", Variable Advantages (+1/2), Reduced END or Usable Underwater Only (-1/4), Does Not Work During Green Kryptonite Exposure (-1/4)

13 2) STR +30, No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), No END (+1/2)

20 ES: Microsopic Sight x10, N-Ray Sight [Not Through Lead], Perception +1, Telescopic Hearing +2, Telescopic Sight +2, Ultrasonic Hearing, Does Not Work During Red Solar Radiation Exposure (-1/4)

15 LS: High Pressure, High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Longevity [200 Years], Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self Contained Breathing, Does Not Work During Red Solar Radiation Exposure (-1/4)

Total Powers Cost: 190

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disdvantages

10 DNPC: Jimmy Olsen, Lana Lang, Perry White, or Pete Ross (Normal/Useful Skills/Unaware Secret Identity) 8-

10 DNPC: Lois Lane (Normal/Useful Skills/Unaware Secret Identity) 8-

5 DNPC: Jonathan and Martha Kent (Normal/Useful Skills) or Supergirl [Kara Zor-El/Linda Lee] (Slightly Less Powerful) 8-

5 Hunted: Bizarro, Brainiac, Metallo, Mr. Myxzptlk, Parasite, Prankster, or Toyman (Less Powerful) 8-

10 Hunted: Lex Luthor (As Powerful) 8-

10 PhyL: Unfamiliar Red Kryponite Exposure Causes Unexpected Physical Changes for Between 24 to 48 Hours (Infrequently/Greatly)

20 PsyL: Code Against Killing (Common/Total)

20 PsyL: Fights for Truth, Justice, and The American Way (Very Common/Strong)

10 PsyL: In Love with Lois Lane (Uncommon/Strong)

15 SocL: Secret Identity [Kal-El/Clark Kent] (Frequently/Major)

25 Suscept: Green Kryptonite, 1d6 STUN and 3d6 END/Turn (Uncommon)

10 Vuln: Magic, 2x Effect (Uncommon)

Total Disdvantages Cost: 350

Design Notes: The Silver Age Superman is based on my 250 Point version. The multipower contains most of the more famous powers that the Man of Steel had during the era.

Re: Silver Age Superman

Is multipower appropriate for Supermans powers? The player of this character would be shifting points between Armor, Str ,EB, SPD, Flight and others often in a battle. Does his separate armor represent his normal armor and his multipower armor represent when he focuses to be tougher; like we sometimes see in the comics?

Maybe I forgot how the rules work or am over looking the silverage theme.:cool:

Maybe puting his powers in an element package might workand call it kryptonian Body.

Is multipower appropriate for Supermans powers? The player of this character would be shifting points between Armor, Str ,EB, SPD, Flight and others often in a battle. Does his separate armor represent is normal armor and his multipower armor represent when he focuses to be tougher, like we sometimes see in the comics?

Maybe I forgot how the rules work or am over looking the silverage theme.:cool:

Maybe puting his powers in an element package might workand call it kryptonian Body.

Multipower is a great way to build his power set. I've used a similar method as well with some minor variations. :D

To Knightgoblin,

The multipower Armor reflects the times when Superman is both ready for an attack, and actively deflecting it (Dodge the attack at superspeed, catching the bullets, using his heat vision, etc.)

Note that thanks to his EC (Yellow Sun Energy) Superman can fly, and has a base STR 60, and a PD/ED of 20/10r outside the multipower.

In the comics Superman isn't using all of his powers at the same time. I think that this comes from the Man of Steel having to take a moment to think about what to do. A multipower reflects this very well, and allows a character that is both powerful and within the point limits.

A few explainations and comments

The Mind Link is his "Super-Ventriloquism", which also allows him to talk with aliens and others that don't speak english ("Super-Intelligence").

Note that Superman only pays 3 END for up to 100 STR. His EB Cold Breath and RKA Heat Vision cost 6 END and that may explain why he uses his STR more.

Thanks to superspeed flight in the multipower Superman can travel at 24000 kph [14000 mph], and in space at 1 LY/Second.

Some things had to be sacrificed. I wanted to give Superman more skills (Disguise, Deduction, Conversation), Followers (Robots), and a Fortress of Solitude (Danger Sense at a IIF[immobile] location) but I haven't figured out how to do it at 350 points.

Yet.

Lately I've been considering separating out the Kryptonite and Red Sun exposure weaknesses, and applying them as distinct -1/4 limitations. Some of Superman's abilities (Chars and Powers) would have both applied, while others would only have one.

I think this would work well enough if you were trying to model his solo Silver Age stories, when it wasn't uncommon for him to travel back in time to Krypton, visit Kandor or simply visit worlds under red suns. It might be a problem if you were trying to model his actions in JLA stories.

Of course, in those cases, you might want to consider basing him fairly narrowly on the abilities he shows in those stories, which would allow him to be benchmarked against his teammates.

Alternatively, of course, you could go with the "starting points for starting characters" theory, settle for building Supergirl on starting points, and give Superman a bonus to model his greater age and experience. (I might not go for the separate limitations in that case - Supergirl didn't do as much travelling at first, although she caught up. Then again, her first true Hunted was a Kandorian, so she could easily spend enough time in Kandor to make it worthwhile.)

Of course, all of the early JLA members had at least some experience under their belts, either before the team was formed, or before they were asked to join. In fact, that could easily justify the relative differences in their point values! Conveniently, the Atom, and to a lesser extent Hawkman, can be built on fewer points than most of the rest of the team. (Hawkman theoretically has a whole bunch of stuff that could be included, even though his core concept is pretty simple.)

I'm considering a Superman build based on my almost completed Flash build. It would be cheesy, unless I use the separate limitations, but it looks like it would kind of work. I'll have to consider pinching some of Cassandra's ideas, or else deal with having a weaker character. ;)

Oh yes: the Multipower based build idea perfectly matches the source material. He doesn't do everything at once. I'm not entirely comfortable with having Armour in there, but I'll admit it's a possibility.

To Knightgoblin,

The multipower Armor reflects the times when Superman is both ready for an attack, and actively deflecting it (Dodge the attack at superspeed, catching the bullets, using his heat vision, etc.)

Note that thanks to his EC (Yellow Sun Energy) Superman can fly, and has a base STR 60, and a PD/ED of 20/10r outside the multipower.

In the comics Superman isn't using all of his powers at the same time. I think that this comes from the Man of Steel having to take a moment to think about what to do. A multipower reflects this very well, and allows a character that is both powerful and within the point limits.

A few explainations and comments

The Mind Link is his "Super-Ventriloquism", which also allows him to talk with aliens and others that don't speak english ("Super-Intelligence").

Note that Superman only pays 3 END for up to 100 STR. His EB Cold Breath and RKA Heat Vision cost 6 END and that may explain why he uses his STR more.

Thanks to superspeed flight in the multipower Superman can travel at 24000 kph [14000 mph], and in space at 1 LY/Second.

Some things had to be sacrificed. I wanted to give Superman more skills (Disguise, Deduction, Conversation), Followers (Robots), and a Fortress of Solitude (Danger Sense at a IIF[immobile] location) but I haven't figured out how to do it at 350 points.

Yet.

well done cassandra

I've made a couple of modifications.

I made the Heat Vision RKA a Beam Attack, and the EB Cold Breath Not in a Vacuum, and reduced Superman's COM to 16 for Three Points in savings, and I spent it on Ultrasonic Hearing.

Since we see Superman uses his powers while exposed to kryptonite in the comics at the time, I've dediced that he only loses his powers while exposed to Red Solar Radiation, and have Green Kryptonite only as a Susceptibility.

Since we see Superman uses his powers while exposed to kryptonite in the comics at the time' date=' I've dediced that he only loses his powers while exposed to Red Solar Radiation, and have Green Kryptonite only as a Susceptibility.[/quote']

One possibility I was considering was that (Green) Kryptonite mainly served to paralyse him. He could still use his vision powers (at least for a while), but couldn't move away or use his superstrength. That would result in him being stuck there, taking damage from the Susceptibility, which seem a reasonable possible representation.

Arguments against Kryptonite caused power loss:

1. There's a very early JLA story where Kryptonite exposure causes him to fall out of the sky. His invulnerability prevents this fall from being fatal.

2. He sometimes gets exposed to K while on planetoids. While in the DC universe these things may have atmospheres :rolleyes: it's also possible that his life support is still working.

Finally, I flicked through the first few JLA stories in order to see what he is shown doing. As I thought, his power set is shown in a rather simplified form compared to how it is in his solo stories. He's still clearly tough, but a 350-ish version might just work.

Giving him an experience bonus still mightn't be a bad idea, though, unless he is meant to be used as a PC.

I changed his Susceptibility to 1d6 STUN and 2d6 END per turn.

This will cause Superman to run out of END rather quickly, and prevent him from REC. He will either slowly lose consciousness after that point, or try to escape using his powers using STUN in the place of END, possibily resulting in immediately unconsciousness.

I think this reflects Kryptonite very well.

I also put his Life Support and Enhanced Senses under the Red Solar Radiation Limitations. In exchange he got Perception +1 and Bump of Direction ["Super-Senses"], and AK for Earth and the Milky Way Galaxy. This gives his the ability to go anywhere his powers can take him.

I have also added more enemies, and Pete Ross.

Lois Lane and Lex Luthor have their own disadvantage rolls because of the importance of each of them to Superman.

His reaction to Red Kryptonite is a physical disability

Red K is probably technically a transformation attack, although it only effects Kryptonians.

Come to think of it, that suggests the increased effect mightn't really be appropriate.

The 30 STR under a Red Sun is a bit too much. I'd drop it down to 15 or 20.

Red K is probably technically a transformation attack, although it only effects Kryptonians.

Yeah, but there's nobody to have the transformation attack and he doesn't get to resist at all. It's a physical disability "turns into weird stuff when in close proximity to unfamiliar Red K."

Based on the suggestions I've read, I've made the following changes.

I made Red Kryponite a Physical Limitation

I reduced the effect magic has on him in change for more END Susceptility.

Most of the Multipower powers are now effected by Kryptonite, and he can not fly at all during Green Kryponite exposure.

When Exposured to Red Solar Radiation Superman is STR 30 DEF 10. I know that's higher then a normal mans, but he does come from a higher gravity world and would be stronger then most Earth men.

When Exposed to Kryptonite Superman has STR 60, his Heat Vision and Cold Breath, DEF 20/10r, and Super-Ventriloquism.

The savings in the powers went to buy Deduction, Conversation, and a familiarity with Disguise and Streetwise. I removed the Bump of Direction.

Next Up, the New Original Wonder Woman

Variable Limitation might be another way to represent Superman's ability to temporarily shrug off the effects of Green K & Red Solar Radiation.

example:

-1/4 Variable Limitation (-1/2 Total Limitations must be taken: Not in presence of Green K & Red Solar OR Increased END [x3?] equal to -1/2)

One more thing for the disads. Supes has always had a vulnerability to magic.

Also,Silver-Age Supes would sometimes pick up a power of the week. One example I remember is Superman creating a wormhole and coming out near a purple sun...once back on Earth he found that by thinking about a thing it would appear in his hand, presumably because of the radiation of said purple sun. Once the radiation faded, so did the things he created.

Also, Supes needs a pretty big gadget pool for all those convenient Deus Ex Machina he grabs from the Fortress of Solitude. One of my faves was the flying remote control muzzle he used to take out a mind controller that needed to shout out his commands...