Catalyst: A Champions campaign on Hero Central

Fedifensor

Re: Catalyst: A Champions campaign on Hero Central

Zac, I have two potential candidates. Engram was approved, but not selected, for Silverstone. Requiem was tentatively approved before Silverstone was selected for.

I would like your opinion on which of those two characters you would prefer that I submit. I could understand if you wanted to nix the mentalist...

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I had some free time, so I simply redid the character from the ground up.

My intent this time around is for him to be a martial artist with the armor multipower. That's it. Nothing fancy. I used Black Arachnia as a reference.

Ao Kuang (Version II)

Player:

Val Char Cost

25 STR 15

26 DEX 48

20 CON 20

15 BODY 10

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

20 PRE 10

13 COM 2

10/20 PD 5

10/20 ED 6

6 SPD 24

11 REC 4

40 END 0

38 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

17" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 149

Cost Power

30 Impenetrable Skin: Armor (10 PD/10 ED)

27 Untouched by Gravity: Leaping +12" (17" forward, 8 1/2" upward) (Accurate, x8 Noncombat)

6 Attuned Senses: +2 PER with all Sense Groups

5 Life Support (Longevity: Immortal)

15 Uncanny Reflexes: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel)

20 Water Control: Multipower, 45-point reserve, (45 Active Points); all slots Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

2u 1) Water Blast: Touch Group Flash 12d6, Does Knockback (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

2u 2) Cresting Wave: Force Wall (5 PD/10 ED; 2" long and 3" tall) (44 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

1u 3) Command the Element: Telekinesis (23 STR), Affects Porous (45 Active Points); Only Affects Water (-1), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

Powers Cost: 108

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

4 +1 HTH Damage Class(es)

5 Tumbling Fist: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 10d6 Strike

4 Grasp the Sparrow's Tail: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 1 1/2d6 NND ; Target Falls

4 Catch the Falling Leaf: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Empty the Cup: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, Disarm, 40 STR to Disarm

3 Needle At Sea-Bottom: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 Strike; Target Falls

4 Slip Free: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 45 STR vs. Grabs

4 Palm Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike

Martial Arts Cost: 32

Cost Skill

8 +1 with All Combat

6 WF: Blades, Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Unarmed Combat, Hook Sword, Three-Section Staff

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Contortionist 14-

3 KS 12-

3 Conversation 13-

3 PS: Enforcer 13-

3 KS: Criminal Underworld 12-

0 Language: Mandarin (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

3 Language: English (fluent conversation; literate)

3 Language: Cantonese (completely fluent)

3 Oratory 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

Skills Cost: 50

Cost Perk

2 Contact: Nathan Wu (Contact has useful Skills or resources) 8-

2 Contact: Alex Lung (Contact has useful Skills or resources) 8-

6 Contact: Chinese Mafia (Contact has useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 8-

1 False Identity

Perks Cost: 11

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Distinctive Features: glowing tattoo below the neck (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Hunted: Authorities 8- (Less Pow, NCI, Capture)

15 Hunted: Chinese Supervillains 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Guardsmen 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

5 Physical Limitation: Insomnia (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Reformed Criminal (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: True to His Word (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Urge to Grandstand (Very Common, Strong)

5 Reputation: Convicted Felon, 8-

15 Social Limitation: Bounty (Frequently, Major)

10 Social Limitation: Detached From Humanity (Frequently, Minor)

15 Susceptibility: the presence of jade, 2d6 damage per Turn (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Zac, I have two potential candidates. Engram was approved, but not selected, for Silverstone. Requiem was tentatively approved before Silverstone was selected for.

I would like your opinion on which of those two characters you would prefer that I submit. I could understand if you wanted to nix the mentalist...

I would submit them both. Engram's background fits Thebes, and he is a mentalist (an uncommon character). Requim is also a good character, even thought one energ projector exists in the party.

Engram and Caglestro were neck and neck for Silverstone. I consider Engram a SOLID candidate for Thebes

1. Social Limitation: Keeping his dad's secret (Occasionally' date=' Major)[/i']

Compared to the Harmful Secret (Occasionally, Minor) example Disad, what makes the negative effects on the character qualify as Major?

Zac covered this one pretty well. Being jailed as an accessory after the fact to murder qualifies.

2. Psychological Limitation: Never throw a case (Common, Strong)

Is this likley to come into game play frequently enough to be considered common?

Considering I'm a defense lawyer specializing in Prime cases, and that I am likely to be involved in capturing supervillains...yes.

3. Psychological Limitation: Willing to bend the rules, but not break them (Common, Moderate)

How exactly does this limit the character?

It limits the way I approach situations. I'll have a LOT of opportunities to break the rules due to my secret ID. Even if I'm not on a case, I can easily use my knowledge of an incident to give the prosecution a huge advantage. The same philosophy applies when I'm acting as a superhero - I'm not going to torture thugs to get information.

4. Sudden Stop: Force Wall (12 PD), Transparent to ED Attacks (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2) (60 Active Points)

This gives the character a potential PD of 38, meaning many minion type villains (who likely will not have 11d6+ or energy attacks) will not be able to effect the character while it is up.

Um, I have to say you're really off-base here. Under that definition, any character with a force wall will either exceed campaign limits with the wall active, or be well below those limits without the wall up. The whole point of a force wall is that you're putting up a barrier between you and foes...and it's generally a two-way barrier.

Even if the wall wasn't in my multipower, I have no attacks with an energy-based effect, and no indirect attacks. So, it hinders me as well.

5. Momentum Shift: Teleportation 1", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (not versus Kinetic Energy powers, Clinging, or Teleport with No Relative Velocity) (x32 maximum weight per inanimate target; +2 1/4) (64 Active Points); Only To Change Speed/Direction Of Momentum (-1/2)

I am a little wary of UAA. Even with the limitation, this power could be used to one-shot fast moving villains under some common circumnstances (by using a held action). For example, you could force a charging speedster to drive himself into the ground, you could force a villain Flying away at NCM to fly into a wall, you could force a character moving out of the way of a haymaker/ move through to stay in the same hex, ect.

Well, I have yet to see a combat move above 30" on any Champions character. Since redirecting someone into the ground would count as a 0 STR move-through, that's a mere 10d6 damage...less than I can do with a straight attack. As far as using this on someone jumping out of the way of a haymaker or move-through...I believe that's called being smart and using teamwork, which should be encouraged.

Finally, if a villain is stupid enough to go to noncombat speeds when still in combat range...they deserve to be slammed. I'd drop their velocity to something survivable as I redirect them into a nearby wall, though. I hope 6E addresses high-speed movement and ramming objects...

Um' date=' I have to say you're really off-base here. Under that definition, [b']any[/b] character with a force wall will either exceed campaign limits with the wall active, or be well below those limits without the wall up. The whole point of a force wall is that you're putting up a barrier between you and foes...and it's generally a two-way barrier.

Even if the wall wasn't in my multipower, I have no attacks with an energy-based effect, and no indirect attacks. So, it hinders me as well.

Well, I have yet to see a combat move above 30" on any Champions character. Since redirecting someone into the ground would count as a 0 STR move-through, that's a mere 10d6 damage...less than I can do with a straight attack. As far as using this on someone jumping out of the way of a haymaker or move-through...I believe that's called being smart and using teamwork, which should be encouraged.

Finally, if a villain is stupid enough to go to noncombat speeds when still in combat range...they deserve to be slammed. I'd drop their velocity to something survivable as I redirect them into a nearby wall, though. I hope 6E addresses high-speed movement and ramming objects...

I didn't mean to be argumentative, I was just pointing out some things I have run into in my past. As you pointed out to the player with the Duplication character; you are experienced so if it's on the sheet the GM should expect that you intent to use it. Based on that philosophy; Zac should expect you to use strategies like dropping the FW as a zero phase action then attacking, or aborting to the FW whenever you get targeted with big physical attacks, or blocking doorways so minions without energy attacks or 12d6 attacks can't get to you while energy users in the group blast away, ect. Also, please note that if the FW were not in the multipower, TK is Indirect and could be used through it.

As far as the UAA Teleport, I cannot think of every use that you might use it for, I was just pointing out a few. Take those 30" of combat movement and direct them upward and you have a 30d6 fall, for example. I'm not sure I agree with your comment that it would take a stupid villain to flee at NCM, how is a villain supposed to know he can't get away unless he tries? As far as dropping the velocity so villains don't get one-shotted, see the philosophy comment above. If I were the GM, I might like a little more control over the situation then hoping a player decides to drop an attack to non one-shot levels. As you pointed out, stop signs powers should be scrutinized very carefully.

I didn't mean to be argumentative' date=' I was just pointing out some things I have run into in my past. As you pointed out to the player with the Duplication character; you are experienced so if it's on the sheet the GM should expect that you intent to use it. Based on that philosophy; Zac should expect you to use strategies like dropping the FW as a zero phase action then attacking, or aborting to the FW whenever you get targeted with big physical attacks, or blocking doorways so minions without energy attacks or 12d6 attacks can't get to you while energy users in the group blast away, ect. Also, please note that if the FW were not in the multipower, TK is Indirect and could be used through it.[/quote']

Aborting to a force wall is like aborting to a dodge...if you abort, you're making it much less likely that you'll take any serious damage from the attack, but the tradeoff is that you lose your next action. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic that is not abusing the rules.

About the only thing you list that I see as a problem is using the FW to stop foes while teammates with energy attacks fire through it. In that situation, if the foes only have physical attacks and can't muster up a powerful enough physical attack to break through...why are they a threat? As long as they can get to an 8d6 physical attack, they can haymaker that attack to 12d6. That's enough to break through the wall assuming average rolls. If they can't manage that, then they aren't a threat - force wall or no force wall.

As far as the UAA Teleport, I cannot think of every use that you might use it for, I was just pointing out a few. Take those 30" of combat movement and direct them upward and you have a 30d6 fall, for example.

30" of falling is actually a 15d6 attack, not 30d6 (pg 434 of 5ER). That's assuming the target has no flight, gliding, leaping...even teleport could prevent the damage if they're clever. It also doesn't factor in Breakfall, or a teammate's intervention (the fall takes 3 segments).

I'm not sure I agree with your comment that it would take a stupid villain to flee at NCM, how is a villain supposed to know he can't get away unless he tries? As far as dropping the velocity so villains don't get one-shotted, see the philosophy comment above. If I were the GM, I might like a little more control over the situation then hoping a player decides to drop an attack to non one-shot levels. As you pointed out, stop signs powers should be scrutinized very carefully.

My character goes by the title of Inertia, and he will very quickly be known for velocity alteration. I may surprise foes once or twice, but after that they'll know not to go noncombat when I'm in range. Noncombat is just that...it shouldn't be factored in as something people do in combat situations.

Fed, I'm not taking sides in this debate, so don't take this the wrong way...

...but, for the sake of argument, your character seems to be a super-strong energy projector with good defenses and the ability to directly control an opponent's movement.

While on its own the directional change isn't a big deal, it's a potentially unbalancing addition to the rest of his abilities. At least enough to raise a few eyebrows. And it seems to have raised Doc's eyebrows.

That's what I'm seeing, anyway.

~Gabriel

Fed, I'm not taking sides in this debate, so don't take this the wrong way...

...but, for the sake of argument, your character seems to be a super-strong energy projector with good defenses and the ability to directly control an opponent's movement.

We'll have to disagree on the first part. His defenses are average for a 5 SPD, 8 CV character with 11 DC attacks, and I'm nowhere near the first energy projector to have an above-average STR (Starfire is the classic example, but powersuit characters fall into the same category). I'm curious how that is going to unbalance the game. At best, it gives me enough casual STR to do mild damage to a low DEF entangle. My throwing attacks are going to do much more than a 7d6 Punch, and I can do those at range.

Sure, you can say that I'm getting a benefit on my secondary stats...but at the same time I've been told that I should drop my DEX to 23 to save two points. Is the message to spend my points for concept, or to spend them as efficiently as possible? I believe I've done both.

While on its own the directional change isn't a big deal, it's a potentially unbalancing addition to the rest of his abilities. At least enough to raise a few eyebrows. And it seems to have raised Doc's eyebrows.

I consider the Momentum Shift power far less of a problem than, say, Flight UAO (which would fit nearly as well). I could abuse that far more than the Momentum Shift power for less points. Momentum Shift is generally a less useful option than blasting a foe or putting up the force wall, but it's the one that has the most flavor, and allows for more creative solutions to problems. Plus, I'd really like the opportunity to stop a speeding car in its tracks before it runs over an innocent bystander - that would be a cool use of the power.

I asked for feedback, and gave my rationale for why I feel the power is balanced for play. In the end, it's up to Zac. I've given my opinion, and both of us have played and gamemastered Champions for years. Just because my character is accepted, doesn't mean it will stay as written if Zac asks for changes.

Plus' date=' I'd really like the opportunity to stop a speeding car in its tracks before it runs over an innocent bystander - that would be a cool use of the power.[/quote']

I'm not contradicting anything you said, but that's something your TK would probably be able to manage too.

~Gabriel

I'm not contradicting anything you said' date=' but that's something your TK would probably be able to manage too.[/quote']

Not without smashing the driver against the steering wheel in the process. With the teleport, I can bleed off the momentum completely so the driver is unharmed.

Not without smashing the driver against the steering wheel in the process. With the teleport' date=' I can bleed off the momentum completely so the driver is unharmed.[/quote']

If you're going to consider the driver: you'd only be able to stop the car's momentum, not his. One object at a time, right?

~Gabriel

Aborting to a force wall is like aborting to a dodge...if you abort, you're making it much less likely that you'll take any serious damage from the attack, but the tradeoff is that you lose your next action. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic that is not abusing the rules.

About the only thing you list that I see as a problem is using the FW to stop foes while teammates with energy attacks fire through it. In that situation, if the foes only have physical attacks and can't muster up a powerful enough physical attack to break through...why are they a threat? As long as they can get to an 8d6 physical attack, they can haymaker that attack to 12d6. That's enough to break through the wall assuming average rolls. If they can't manage that, then they aren't a threat - force wall or no force wall.

30" of falling is actually a 15d6 attack, not 30d6 (pg 434 of 5ER). That's assuming the target has no flight, gliding, leaping...even teleport could prevent the damage if they're clever. It also doesn't factor in Breakfall, or a teammate's intervention (the fall takes 3 segments).

My character goes by the title of Inertia, and he will very quickly be known for velocity alteration. I may surprise foes once or twice, but after that they'll know not to go noncombat when I'm in range. Noncombat is just that...it shouldn't be factored in as something people do in combat situations.

IMHO you have answered everything pretty nicely. If I were running, I would allow everything as is with the caveat that if the UAA Teleport became an issue down the road (for unforseen reasons) we would re-visit it. Again, awesome character.

Here's my initial intent, that is the "I want in" post...

For Thebes -

Going to retool a character that never got play.

A fast brick, mid level strength, but high Defenses and movement powers.

Premise, ex-con whose moved onto a more enlightened path, nominally a pacifist but now wants to use their powers to help people; willing to give into the idea that hitting something is called for occasionally.

With luck this evening I'll get a full write-up and portrait up.

If that idea doesn't appeal at all to you I have a second character that is essentially done (background needs modification to fit Catalyst) that is a Mental Blaster, Private Investigator. This one also never saw play sadly.

Send in both of them. Many will enter, few will win :D

Really, the more quality submissions entered the greater chance you will have to play. I want to make a balanced team and the more choices I have... you get the idea.

Alright, I had some free time, so I simply redid the character from the ground up.

My intent this time around is for him to be a martial artist with the armor multipower. That's it. Nothing fancy. I used Black Arachnia as a reference.

Ao Kuang (Version II)

Player:

Val Char Cost

25 STR 15

26 DEX 48

20 CON 20

15 BODY 10

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

20 PRE 10

13 COM 2

10/20 PD 5

10/20 ED 6

6 SPD 24

11 REC 4

40 END 0

38 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

17" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 149

Cost Power

30 Impenetrable Skin: Armor (10 PD/10 ED)

27 Untouched by Gravity: Leaping +12" (17" forward, 8 1/2" upward) (Accurate, x8 Noncombat)

6 Attuned Senses: +2 PER with all Sense Groups

5 Life Support (Longevity: Immortal)

15 Uncanny Reflexes: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel)

20 Water Control: Multipower, 45-point reserve, (45 Active Points); all slots Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

2u 1) Water Blast: Touch Group Flash 12d6, Does Knockback (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

2u 2) Cresting Wave: Force Wall (5 PD/10 ED; 2" long and 3" tall) (44 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

1u 3) Command the Element: Telekinesis (23 STR), Affects Porous (45 Active Points); Only Affects Water (-1), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), OIF (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

Powers Cost: 108

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

4 +1 HTH Damage Class(es)

5 Tumbling Fist: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 10d6 Strike

4 Grasp the Sparrow's Tail: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 1 1/2d6 NND ; Target Falls

4 Catch the Falling Leaf: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Empty the Cup: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, Disarm, 40 STR to Disarm

3 Needle At Sea-Bottom: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 Strike; Target Falls

4 Slip Free: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 45 STR vs. Grabs

4 Palm Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike

Martial Arts Cost: 32

Cost Skill

8 +1 with All Combat

6 WF: Blades, Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Unarmed Combat, Hook Sword, Three-Section Staff

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Contortionist 14-

3 KS 12-

3 Conversation 13-

3 PS: Enforcer 13-

3 KS: Criminal Underworld 12-

0 Language: Mandarin (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

3 Language: English (fluent conversation; literate)

3 Language: Cantonese (completely fluent)

3 Oratory 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

Skills Cost: 50

Cost Perk

2 Contact: Nathan Wu (Contact has useful Skills or resources) 8-

2 Contact: Alex Lung (Contact has useful Skills or resources) 8-

6 Contact: Chinese Mafia (Contact has useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 8-

1 False Identity

Perks Cost: 11

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Distinctive Features: glowing tattoo below the neck (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Hunted: Authorities 8- (Less Pow, NCI, Capture)

15 Hunted: Chinese Supervillains 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Guardsmen 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

5 Physical Limitation: Insomnia (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Reformed Criminal (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: True to His Word (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Urge to Grandstand (Very Common, Strong)

5 Reputation: Convicted Felon, 8-

15 Social Limitation: Bounty (Frequently, Major)

10 Social Limitation: Detached From Humanity (Frequently, Minor)

15 Susceptibility: the presence of jade, 2d6 damage per Turn (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

1st - please send a .hdc file on your next revision (if you can).

Right now you spend 72 points for Armor, Leaping and Missle Deflection. How about spending 55 points instead?

Cost Power

7 Wu Shu Master: Elemental Control, 14-point powers

20 1) Gravity's Fool: Leaping +12" (14" forward, 7" upward) (Accurate, x8 Noncombat) (27 Active Points)

23 2) Karma Sink: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points)

5 3) Uncanny Reflexes: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 55

Take your 17 points and change your multipower to just be limited as OIF, now and you STILL have 2 points to spare.

Next, you have this cool suit of armor that offers no defenses? Not even 1 point of pd. Seems odd? Lets say you take my advise and still want some armor... drop your forcefield down to 5/5

Cost Power

7 Wu Shu Master: Elemental Control, 14-point powers

20 1) Gravity's Fool: Leaping +12" (14" forward, 7" upward) (Accurate, x8 Noncombat) (27 Active Points)

8 2) Karma Sink: Force Field (5 PD/5 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points)

5 3) Uncanny Reflexes: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2)

Now make the armor:

Water Armor: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Actual Cost 10

Powers Cost: 50

Now you have some person "chi" armor (5/5 forcefield), your suit of armor (5/5), and a multipower that you do not have to do any fancy tricks to activate (which feels cheesy to me). I did not do the math on the multipower, but I bet the multipower and slot costs just having OIF will be a wash, maybe even with a point or two left over.

If you still want power defense, put it in the force field OR in the armor... it would make sense for either and I would allow it.

Also:

3 Contortionist 14-

3 KS 12- <------ what is this?

3 Conversation 13-

Ponder on what I have said Grasshopper :P Thoughts?

Really' date=' the more quality submissions entered the greater chance you will have to play. I want to make a balanced team and the more choices I have... you get the idea.[/quote']

Ooh, does that mean I should send in three or five or seventeen more? I'm sure I have them in my "just a bit more polish" pile here somewhere. ;)

Ooh' date=' does that mean I should send in three or five or seventeen more? I'm sure I have them in my "just a bit more polish" pile here somewhere. ;)[/quote']

Dont kill me under the weight of it all. Besides, the .hdc files you send me can come back around. I have a ready stack of supervillians just itching for some payback :P

Dont kill me under the weight of it all. Besides' date=' the .hdc files you send me can come back around. I have a ready stack of supervillians just itching for some payback :P[/quote']

You heard the man. Flood him with real lemons - I mean total Stooges - to round out his goon squad.

Dont kill me under the weight of it all. Besides' date=' the .hdc files you send me can come back around. I have a ready stack of supervillians just itching for some payback :P[/quote']

(Posted from my G1 phone)

Dibs on Guardian! A college student who uses a dead hero's powersuit to commit crimes with the help of the Nerd Squad. Have to change his name - maybe Pillager?

(I'd use Animax...but I have plenty of eco-terrorists. ;) )

Submission for Thebes: Engram(+) or Requiem

Engram

You can tell he has been been thru Fed a few times. Everything looks solid. I have no real issues. That said,

1. Nothing on you character real speaks to me why he is a hero. He looks like he would just be a University Professor or a contract agent for a think tank. You even say as much under his personality/motivation.

2. Nothing on you character's disads shows me he would not manipulate people at will for any darn reason he liked.

Also, you skill level is high enough why not move a few skills around a tad and join the Metahuman studies department OR become a private contractor (like a mental PI, what is becoming popular with the new tv shows today). Just a thought.

Requiem

1. On your damage shield, put the NND as LS: Intense Heat, Hardened ED, 10+ rED.

2. I will let you put skill levels in your Missle Deflection. Right now, you can only melt those that are going to impact you.. which is fine. If you want to put in some Penalty Skill level vs Missle Deflection (they are 3 point levels). The first time you missle deflect, there is no penalty. Each successive deflection after the 1st is at -2. So it -0, -2, -4, -6... and so on. I dont have a problem with you dropping in 4 skill levels INSIDE the missle deflection. In Hero Designer you by it as a compound power. Here is an example of how American Steel did it:

Phalanx CIWS: (Total: 51 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel), Full Range (+1) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 15) plus Penalty Skill Levels: +2 vs. Range Modifier with All Attacks (6 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus Penalty Skill Levels: +5 vs. Penalities vs Multilple Deflections with All Attacks (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7)

I recommend keep the power personal with about 4 penality skill levels. After you run into some situations where you need to protect others from a hail of gunfire, get the ranged advantage on the power (see above).