Places to Fight

Starhawk

I did a search through the forums to see if someone had already posted on this topic and didn't find any, so if there is another thread on this topic, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I was wondering what interesting/unusual places you have had super hero fights take place and why they were interesting/unique. One of the best ones I've done was on a speeding magna-rail bullet train. The heroes not only had to worry about staying on the train (knockback kept the teams teleporter and fast flyer very busy) but also figure a way keep the passengers in the confined spaces out of danger.

Anyone else?

Re: Places to Fight

Inside the back of a paddywagon going at high speed with the back door open

In a space station built for aliens who are 4' tall

In a lab with loads of radioactive/toxic/acid/etc material- both to use as weapons and avoid

During an outdoor wedding, when you want the wedding to go off without a hitch

For those without flight/etc, in an elevator or mine shaft, or a bell tower

For that matter, on a skyscraper, either on top or hanging from the side

Subway tunnels during rush hour

Hmmm...of late? Inside another PC's skull. GM'd just watched "Fantastic Voyage" and one of the players couldn't make the game. The missing player's character got shot in the head and it was up to us to find the bullet. Luckily there was a handy dandy shrink ray available. Also, we had to fight off his immune system and some crazy fun nanites that had ridden in with the bullet. Fun fun fun.

On the back of a rampaging fossilized dire elephant on its way toward a church.

Or in the middle of a sacrificial chamber, in which having your blood spilled doom the planet to a hell world, while surrounded by cultists. With machine guns. In cover. 350 of them. (I was GMing)

On the back of a rampaging fossilized dire elephant on its way toward a church.

Or in the middle of a sacrificial chamber, in which having your blood spilled doom the planet to a hell world, while surrounded by cultists. With machine guns. In cover. 350 of them. (I was GMing)

What happened?

I've run fights set in Antebellum mansions, British pubs, Chinatown opium dens, Himalayan temples, inside a collapsing skyscraper and on the street looking up at another, in a lab on an alien world, and in speeding cars on the streets of Manhattan.

But the best ever involved a climactic fight on the dirigible mooring mast of the Empire State Building during a thunderstorm, with a zeppelin full of the villain's flunkies hovering overhead.

My two favorites have been 1) a fight with demons on a rapidly disintegrating bridge between dimensions and 2) a fight with insectoid aliens in a low-gravity, low-atmosphere tritium mine shaft on an ice-ball planet that was collapsing since the power to the magnetic shaft supports had failed.

On top of Hoover Dam, with one villain who had a Double KNB attack.

It's a loooooooooooong way down from the top of Hoover Dam, by the way.

Nice. :)

Then there's the extreme sports version which is fighting on an orbiting space platform. Now that's a long way down if you get knocked off!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgggghhhhhh! :D

[me]Or in the middle of a sacrificial chamber' date=' in which having your blood spilled doom the planet to a hell world, while surrounded by cultists. With machine guns. In cover. 350 of them. (I was GMing)[/me']

What happened?

The players did a lot of dodging, flamethrowing, knifing, and aborting to staunch bleeding; while the tech-priest set up twenty something det-charges (reinforced by the powercells they'd brought). After "producing" an alternative exit, they high tailed out of there and blew the rest, leaving a medium sized chater.