What's the craziest thing your Supers have ever done?

Mostlyjoe

Case in point:

I once had a matter surfer fella by the name Skurf. He was the Skater God who left behind permenant slabs of delicously skateable concrete behind him as he went around the city. He made his own skate parks and he could move VERY fast on the ground and it cost him little END. Needless to say County Road workers hated him.

Well Skurf and crew get caught in a small alien ship in low orbit. Turns out they have enough fuel for a landing but not enough to break orbit. I ask the GM if my insta-pavement counts as propellant? The GM laughs and says ya.

So Skurf dons an alien space suit and puts board to feet outside the ship while bracing up against it. He turns his concrete making powers up to full and proceeds to blast out highway sized chuncks of concrete as he pushes the little craft away from orbit hight back to reentry.

To this day I can only imagine look on the NORAD operators face when something roughly the size of say US1 appears in orbit as Skurf puts his all into long range space skating.

Re: What's the craziest thing your Supers have ever done?

There's good crazy, and bad crazy. This is the latter. And in our defense, this was during a marathon gaming session, and the bad decisions were made about 3 a.m.

In a Champions game, back in the 1st edition days, our team was investigating a mystery super who was going around killing any supers that had killed normals or gratuitously injured innocents. We didn't know how to catch the guy; heck, we didn't even know who it was. So in our frustration -- and exhaustion -- we decided to put ourselves in his sights. For some reason, one of my teammates went up to some poor bystander and snapped his arm. When that didn't net any immediate results, another teammate literally dropped a building on a VIPER agent.

Not exactly our finest hour.

There's good crazy, and bad crazy. This is the latter. And in our defense, this was during a marathon gaming session, and the bad decisions were made about 3 a.m.

In a Champions game, back in the 1st edition days, our team was investigating a mystery super who was going around killing any supers that had killed normals or gratuitously injured innocents. We didn't know how to catch the guy; heck, we didn't even know who it was. So in our frustration -- and exhaustion -- we decided to put ourselves in his sights. For some reason, one of my teammates went up to some poor bystander and snapped his arm. When that didn't net any immediate results, another teammate literally dropped a building on a VIPER agent.

Not exactly our finest hour.

A Master of Understatement!

A Master of Understatement!

Yeah. This is the same group that named itself the Ann Arbor People's Justice Co-operative. Also done about 3 a.m., IIRC. :doi:

How about some "good crazy"?

I was running a Champions game where one PC hero was Hunted by Dr. Destroyer. (Yeah, he was a masochist.) So at one point, the PC was kidnapped and taken to Dr. D's remote mountain base, and his teammates had to break in and rescue him. After fighting their way through various of the doctor's minions, they finally rescue their teammate... when Dr. D himself shows up. Definately an oh-$h!t moment for them. They were really trying to get in and out without facing the Big Bad himself. To their credit, they didn't freeze or panic, but went on the offense immediately.

Since Dr. D was standing right in front of a wall, the team brick did a full-speed move-through on Destroyer, knowing he was going to KO himself in the process. And to his eternal joy he rolled a critical hit (a 3 on the attack roll, for which I automatically give max damage). With nowhere to go knockback-wise, both Dr. D and the hero also took damage slamming into the wall. After eveyone else's attacks did nickle-and-dime damage, the two amounts of damage combined actually managed to take Destroyer below 0 STUN.

At that point, someone said, "Oh, crap. He's REALLY gonna be pissed. RUN!!!" And they beat a hasty retreat, leaving Dr. Destroyer embedded in the wall. Truly an awesome moment for them.

Yeah. This is the same group that named itself the Ann Arbor People's Justice Co-operative. Also done about 3 a.m., IIRC. :doi:

I was running a Champions game where one PC hero was Hunted by Dr. Destroyer. (Yeah, he was a masochist.) So at one point, the PC was kidnapped and taken to Dr. D's remote mountain base, and his teammates had to break in and rescue him. After fighting their way through various of the doctor's minions, they finally rescue their teammate... when Dr. D himself shows up. Definately an oh-$h!t moment for them. They were really trying to get in and out without facing the Big Bad himself. To their credit, they didn't freeze or panic, but went on the offense immediately.

Since Dr. D was standing right in front of a wall, the team brick did a full-speed move-through on Destroyer, knowing he was going to KO himself in the process. And to his eternal joy he rolled a critical hit (a 3 on the attack roll, for which I automatically give max damage). With nowhere to go knockback-wise, both Dr. D and the hero also took damage slamming into the wall. After eveyone else's attacks did nickle-and-dime damage, the two amounts of damage combined actually managed to take Destroyer below 0 STUN.

At that point, someone said, "Oh, crap. He's REALLY gonna be pissed. RUN!!!" And they beat a hasty retreat, leaving Dr. Destroyer embedded in the wall. Truly an awesome moment for them.

It's like one of those adages parents like to use. If you're going to do something even if it's simple always try to be the best at it.

Redline, with all his powers almost totally suppressed, shot Dr. D in the face with a 3d6 E-Blast (and that required a push!) to get his attention.

Granted, Dr. D's return shot killed him twice (once from the initial damage, once in the knockback), but that freed the rest of the party to act - one to hose him down, one to rip the cover off a massive generator, and Lady Thunderstrike 'near missed' him - but hit the generator :sneaky:.

One massive discharge later, Dr. D was smoking on the floor...:D

Yeah. This is the same group that named itself the Ann Arbor People's Justice Co-operative. Also done about 3 a.m.' date=' IIRC. :doi: [/quote']

Oh, well if they are from the peoples republic of Ann Arbor, that's different.

:-)

Seriously, were they sober?

Excelsior, my friend! :D

Wasn't a true super, was a D&D cleric. After being offered a pittance for a reward from a king for a task, he mooned the king. Then waved his private parts at him. You see, I (yes it was me) decided one day to come up with a cleric. Did not know which god yet. Decided to roll on personality chart that was intended for NPCs as a lark. Rolled up insane. Said to roll again, if insane again, roll on insanity chart. Rolled insane again. Went for it anyway. Came up with dipsomania, an extreme craving for alcohol. Suddenly, I knew the god! Dionysus. Decided that in extreme circumstances (whenever it seemed right to me.) I'd roll a 6 sider. On a 6, do something crazy. Yup, did it when the king lowballed us. He had a rep at that point. The Gm rolled, and decided an advisor knew of the rep. Told the king "Better not hurt him, he's possesed by Dionysus, and if you don't want all your alcohol to go bad, at the very least, you'd better treat him well." King all of a sudden got very generous.

Darphil got into such trouble at times, but never seroiusly. Whenever not actively adventuring, you could find him at the bottom of a bottle. Then there was the time he ended up with an Everful Jug. (yes, it could do alcohol) Getting it away from him was "fun". I miss him at times, but he was a challenge to do.

Yeah' date=' I don't think anyone can top that.[/quote']

When I get some sleep and can remember the details, I'll beat it. Doing the Vulcan Mind Meld with a Elder God is crazy, stupid crazy sure. But sometimes it doesn't have to be so 'all or nothing'.

D& D again

Level 5 Magic User. One spell left, called CANTRIP (We used a spell point system, Cantrips were the cheapest at 1 point, I had a extra point left, used it for a cantrip, that created minor light effects, glowing balls, wisps of light, floating candle flames, that type of thing). Figured I would wind up using the spell to entertain a kid in an inn or something...

so we get hired to clean out a tower...

My party runs into 3 ogres, out of healing, out of spells, all of us are hurt (well except me, but then 15 hit points, 3 ogres...not fighting them)

We start running up the tower...

Then we get to the top...no where else to go...we're screwed

I look at my spells, realise that I have this cantrip left

I cast it, define it as 3 floating balls above my hand

"I did not want to do this, simple creatures deserve to be protected, but I have cast the CANTRIP OF DEATH, in a second these balls of the purest magic will rush from over my hand and kill you with a touch, you are doomed if you do not leave us NOW."

The dm felt that was deserving of a Moral roll (Good RP, clever thinging, etc...)

Then he failed it miserably...they ran downstairs tripping each other on the way down...

D& D again

Level 5 Magic User. One spell left, called CANTRIP (We used a spell point system, Cantrips were the cheapest at 1 point, I had a extra point left, used it for a cantrip, that created minor light effects, glowing balls, wisps of light, floating candle flames, that type of thing). Figured I would wind up using the spell to entertain a kid in an inn or something...

so we get hired to clean out a tower...

My party runs into 3 ogres, out of healing, out of spells, all of us are hurt (well except me, but then 15 hit points, 3 ogres...not fighting them)

We start running up the tower...

Then we get to the top...no where else to go...we're screwed

I look at my spells, realise that I have this cantrip left

I cast it, define it as 3 floating balls above my hand

"I did not want to do this, simple creatures deserve to be protected, but I have cast the CANTRIP OF DEATH, in a second these balls of the purest magic will rush from over my hand and kill you with a touch, you are doomed if you do not leave us NOW."

The dm felt that was deserving of a Moral roll (Good RP, clever thinging, etc...)

Then he failed it miserably...they ran downstairs tripping each other on the way down...

Why is that crazy?

Sounds GR8 to me!

"It's a million to one chance' date=' but it might just work" and if you've read your Pratchett, you'll know that million to one chances crop up nine times out of ten. :cool::D[/quote']

But only if the odds are exactly a million to one. 100,000 to one and you're screwed...:D

Hard to say if it was Crazy or Stupid.

The Heroes figured out from the clues I gave them that D.E.M.O.N. was going to rob a Egyptian Exhibit at the local museum. So they decided to check it out, set up a stake out, etc.

So, the heroes walk up to the museum IN COSTUME and proceed to stand around, waiting for the assault. When the security guards ask them what's going on, they tell them "Nothing", and proceed to look for someplace to hide... Which resulted in Black Dragon (brick) and Thunder Child (12 year old boy blaster) attempting to hide in the same bathroom stall...

They were surprised that the assault didn't occur that night, nor the next... but did the third day, when they had given up and stopped hanging around the museum in full costume. D.E.M.O.N. had been doing thier own staking out, using people in normal clothes and/or disguise spells.