Send in the Bricks!

Mightybec

I was just curious what variety of bricks are out there. To start it off, here's a basic one that I just created.

Character Name: Minotaur (David Devereux) Total Pts: 203

Total Dis: 20

Str: 60 45pts 12d6 HtH

Dex: 21 33pts OCV/DCV: 13

Con: 20 20pts

Body: 20 20pts

Int: 10 Per: 11

Ego: 10 ECV: 11 Mental Defense: 12

Pre: 20 10pts Pre: 4d6

Com: 10

PD: 21 rPD 8 10pts + 12pts

ED: 21 16pts

SPD: 5 20pts

Rec: 14

End: 40

Stun: 55

Skills: Run: 6†Swim: 2†Leap: 12â€

KS: Cattle Ranches 2pts KS: Hockey 2pts KS: Superheroes 2pts

Land Navigation 2pts

Talents:

Bump of Direction 3pts

Powers:

Damage Resistance – 8rPD 4pts

Density Increase 5pts

200Kg

+5 Str

+1 PD

+1 ED

-1 KB

Reduced Endurance (0 End) (+1/2), Always On (-1/2)

Lack of Weakness 3pts

-3 vs PD

Mental Defense 10 10pts

Disadvantages:

Distinctive Features: Obvious Superhuman, 8 foot tall Buffalo-man, not concealable

Mightybec

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One player in our game has an elderly, african-american librarian with a magic ring that turns him into the avatar of the norse god, Tyr. He turns into a big white viking and loses a hand in the process.

He's pretty straightforward as bricks go, and he has a sword that can hit spirits (affects desolids) which goes mostly unused.

Bricks, bricks, bricks

Okay let see here, had one that was a rocket scientist, he also looked like a neanderthal...so he played it up

GM is passed note under table

Player: I'll smash what ever piece of equipment I take a fancy to, and trust my luck " ME SMASH"

GM: Rolls dice (all luck/unluck dice goes through the GM)

GM: okay, you were lucky enough to choose the right piece of equipment to stop the meltdown machine

Note read: I use my Nuclear Physics to determine what device if destroyed will stop the meltdown device

PLayer: ME sorry, Me Was Scared, me not mean to hurt big metal box...

Other fun ones, one named guardian, the oddest use of an IIF to date, it is imaterial and invisible. It's actualy a spell that any one with spell casting F/X or a Magic Skill can take away from him and grant to another (He can also cast this one spell) , anyone who can see magic can see the spell.

Crownguard: Pretty Standard powers except he has what I would normaly call patriotic defences. He gains hardening and 1/2 End on his Str while he is in areas ruled over by the Queen of England.

Shadowstrike: A brick that can project a Shadow form of himself, the shadow can fly and shoot EB's

My personal favourite is a brick from my long-running campaign...a villain called "Adamant." (copyright me, by the by, so no making money of my character ideas, you terrible people!)

He's your typical high-end brick, with two major differences, one stylistic and one power-based.

1) Stylistic: He doesn't look like a brick. His powers don't make him big, funny-looking or anything else. He usually wears normal street clothes, with a penchant for nice suits. He's not an idiot, and he practises martial arts.

2) Power: He has a Variable Power Pool (mentioned on the old boards) that basically allows him an adaptive defense. His powers slightly modify depending on how he's being attacked. In addition, he picks up gadgets to help him out, as well. He's been known to use Psionic Inhibitors (mental defense), grenades (they don't hurt him, but boy do the heroes not like it -- especially in a crowded mall), etc.

--->M@ss

The Brick Everyone Forgets...

What about the Atom from DC comics? He can retain his mass when he shrinks. In Champs terms that three levels of Density Increase per level of Shrinking. At four levels, which is about 1/8 M tall (the size he usually fights in) that means a DI-based STR of at least 70!

The brick I am currently playing is a member of a subterranean race that lives under the surface of the Earth. They are basically underground Vikings. Big (Hulk-big), strong and powerful warriors. And since they live underground, they are incredible diggers. Right now, my character's tunneling is greater than his super leap.

Originally posted by Hermit

Heh, Gadfly (my entry) was a brick as well. I put the Penetrating Advantage on his Strength, but the advantage was liked to his shrinking. My pseudo-logic being that force spread out over less area, it would hurt more. :)

Your logic isn't very pseudo. It would hurt more. By the same token, I wouldn't have let him or Ogier's character pick up a car unless they grabbed it in a very structurally sound area. They'd just come up with a handfull of metal.

It depends

I think it should be determined on how you handle regular sized bricks in regards to what they can lift as well. If a regular brick is allowed to lift a building or something, without it breaking up, then a shrunk character lifting a car should get the same benefit of the doubt when it comes to super hero physics. If the 6ft dude instead is in a more realistic campaign (not my flavor, but to each their own) and the buildling crumbles on him, then yeah, the little car grabber is going to end up holding onto an detached fender or something :) The important thing is keeping it fair, IMHO.

Shrinking Brick Names

"The Flea!" Okay, probably going to be teased if not in the Tick Universe

"Particle Man" for the musically inclined.

"David" , when you're 6 inches tall, Everyone is a Goliath.

"Pebble", ok, a bit silly, but I can envision a teen heroine using it.

"Micron" , I think was a name used in a Batman Beyond episode.

Re: It depends

I think it should be determined on how you handle regular sized bricks in regards to what they can lift as well. If a regular brick is allowed to lift a building or something, without it breaking up, then a shrunk character lifting a car should get the same benefit of the doubt when it comes to super hero physics. If the 6ft dude instead is in a more realistic campaign (not my flavor, but to each their own) and the buildling crumbles on him, then yeah, the little car grabber is going to end up holding onto an detached fender or something :) The important thing is keeping it fair, IMHO.

In my longstanding campaign, we solved that little issue with a concept quite similar to Superboy's tactile telekinesis power. Basically, for a +1/4 Advantage, a brick's Strength is deemed "telekinetic" in basis -- they can pick up a car by the fender, because they're unconsciously swathing it in a telekinetic field.

Bricks without this Advantage couldn't do the same; the bumper would tear off in their hands...and if they were light enough, they would end up lifting themselves into the air if they tried to heft a car without the proper leverage.

--->M@ss

Originally posted by Supreme

All this talk about shrinking bricks makes me want to make one. Anyone have any ideas for names? Lepton? Particle? Plank's Constant?

I had a character (whom I borrowed from a friend, and have since lent out to various campaigns) called "Roach." A midget-sized superhuman with the proportionate strength, speed and endurance of a man-sized roach. He rocked!

--->M@ss

I love the shrinking brick idea, have since I saw the Merrie Meoldies cartoon "To Itch His Own," starring The Mighty Angelo .

My own entry into the field was a shrinker named Singularity whose mass increased exponentially as he shrunk (the aforementioned Shrinking/Density Increase combo). However, he could go sub-atomic, eventually creating a point singularity (black hole). In comic-book physics this meant he had Desolid linked to a Continuous AOE TK (affects solid) that pulled people towards him, and a 1-hex AOE continuous killing attack (affects solid, no range). It sounds abusive, but it cost a hideous amount of end. Plus, while the character could survive at sub-atomic size, he had no way to percieve his surroundings, and he had the psych lim. "Fear of being trapped at sub-atomic size." The power ended up being a rarely-used trump card for him to whip out when fighting villains that normal brick tricks were ineffective against.

As far as the Roach goes, I had a character by the same name written up for a low-level mutants game. He was a low level brick, chitin exoskeleton, etc. But he also had the more esoteric traits of a roach. He could go for long periods without breathing, had an altered sense of smell/taste and could eat almost anything he could chew up (a bad combination). He was also absentminded (esp. about his personal hygiene, an even worse combination cosidering his diet). To top it off, he had a tendency to go into a feign death/fugue state when flashed or startled. :)

Re: Shrinking Brick Names

"The Flea!" Okay, probably going to be teased if not in the Tick Universe

"Micron" , I think was a name used in a Batman Beyond episode.

Both Micron and The Mighty Flea!!! are villians in my universe. Micron is waiting for his turn, but the Flea is already in prison.

He has Strength and lots of Superleap.

Bricks

I know I've said it before, but Patriot has been my Brick for 12 years now, so you can Imagine his point cost.

High defenses x2 hardened

and damage reduction vs explosions

I'd share ,But last time I posted him, I got messages like

Klang!(that was my jaw hitting the floor)

Re: Bricks

Originally posted by Patriot

I know I've said it before, but Patriot has been my Brick for 12 years now, so you can Imagine his point cost.

High defenses x2 hardened

and damage reduction vs explosions

I'd share ,But last time I posted him, I got messages like

Klang!(that was my jaw hitting the floor)

Go for it you're tough enough! I would love to see this character write-up.

Well, my current favorite brick in my campaign is the Cobalt Commando. Stat-wise, he's pretty normal for a 75 Str, 35 Def brick with no frills or frameworks to speak of. The fun comes in roleplaying his personality. He has a PURPOSE and it's what his personality centers on.

He has to save the world from the Gamma Mutates. He's from the future, you see, and in his time these horrible creatures have conquered the world and are only moments from destroying the last remnants of the Resistance. He's the last hope of humanity and he's just been hurled back in time to prevent the rise of these awful monstrosities and undo the horrors they've done.

There are a few problems with this, though. First off, he's fresh out of the clone vat and about as bright as your average fridge light. Second, he's poorly educated, also due to being about a 20 minute old genetic construct. If the Resistance had time, they would have been able to instruct him about his specific goals. Fortunately, they had a wristcomp they loaded with everything he'd need to handle the timejump. Unfortunately, it was destroyed before he ever used it. Third, the Resistance didn't program him with anything more than his code name, a grasp of English and some basic social skills. Fourth, he had to go through the time portal before his commander could finish the sentence, "You must travel to our past to destroy..." as the Gamma Mutates had found them and opened fire.

The Cobalt Commando tumbled through time and emerged into the streets of Metro City in the dawning of the 21st century. He saw a humanity unconquered by the menace that ruled his time. He saw people going about their daily routine and the hustle and bustle of city traffic. He heard the vehicles honk as he stood in the center of the busy street and blocked traffic. He saw the lights flash green and a dark green Dodge Viper honked it's horn and the driver stuck his head out and yelled at him. Thinking swiftly (and out loud), he realized why he was here. "Green lights, green vehicles, angry shouting, Gamma Mutates are green and angry. I'm in the past. The Commander said to destroy the past or something like that. There's only one thing to do!"

Leaping forward, he slammed his hands through the hood of the Dodge Viper and yanked out the engine. Tossing it over his shoulder, he smashed a nearby mailbox. The Commando drew a deep breath and grinned.

"Attention citizens. I am the Cobalt Commando! I am here to destroy the past to save the future!"

Honest, he means well...