What styles are going to be covered in 6E Ultimate Martial Arts?

palaskar

Re: What styles are going to be covered in 6E Ultimate Martial Arts?

:o Yeah, that's what I meant.

Are we going to see rare or hotly-debated or purely cinematic styles?

So here's a list

Systema, Kuta/Hikuta, Vadha, (generic "i was trained in Tibet" martial arts) for pulp, The whole mess of CQC (american combiatves, Get Tough!, Combato, etc.), Rythmn fist, Eclipse martial arts -- the rare kind that was only found in internet order, or by personal teaching --, Raja Naga Silat -- the kind that claims to beat all styles and uses a weird guard posture where hte arms wrap comletely around the users' chest, Baji and Pigua Chinese styles together as well as separately, Frog style Gongfu, Tai-Yang Lung Tao, Li Ho Ba Fa/One Yin Circle, Nine Little Heavens, American Indian styles -- including Red Warrior and Guided Chaos, The various American Kenpo styles like Kajukenbo,

that's all that I can think of for now. :ugly::P:o

• 2 weeks later...

Folx, if you have specific suggestions for HSMA, please post 'em in the thread that someone linked to early in this thread. That's the only way you can guarantee I'll see 'em. I wasn't even aware this thread existed until I stumbled across it just now.

Now, as to the meat of the question: HSMA will include all the real-world martial arts styles that are in UMA, plus another dozen or so (I haven't counted) in addition. I've found some great new ones that were detailed enough to include, and worth including for some reason. Beyond that there's also a gracious plenty of fictional styles, some of which are in UMA and some of which are new (since I decided not to carry over all the ones from UMA).

That's about all I can say for now -- to find out more you'll have to wait for the book. ;)

thats the art used by characters in STRIKE FORCE rght? as i read it was dropped for being TOO effective

That's why I liked it. A martial art that consisted of a abort-to-strike +4d6 maneuver, and a block. It was beautifully elegant in its shamelessness.