Hero In Two Pages - Complete

Narf the Mouse

Re: Hero In Two Pages - Complete

We need to come up with a term other than counting the "Body" of a roll. It's used often enough for things other than Body damage that it can get confusing. For example, Strength contests and Penetrating attacks (EDIT: Flashes, Entangles...). I think we should "officially" adopt terms like "pip total" and "extra effect total" or something.

Pip Total: For each full 1d6, the number showing. For 1/2d6, 1 point for 1-2, 2 points for 3-4, 3 points for 5-6 showing. 1 point for a "+1" to the roll.

Extra Effect Total: For each full 1d6, 1 point, +1 if a 6 is showing, -1 if a 1 is showing. For 1/2d6, 0 points on 1-3, 1 point on 4-6 showing.

Then we could simply state that Strength contests use the Extra Effect Total only, Normal Damage uses the Pip Total for Stun damage and the Extra Effect Total for Body damage (Penetrating: min. Stun damage after defenses is equal to Extra Effect Total). Killing Attacks use the Pip Total for Body (Penetrating: min. Body damage after defenses is equal to Extra Effect Total).

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's going to be another version of this at some point, I'd suggest making the following addition under Defenses: "Resistant Defense is bought with the power of the same name and is often provided by equipment like armor and force fields." Very good to keep in mind for heroic campaigns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good to see it's still being noticed. :)

NOTICED?!?

try USED. I just printed out 10 copies last week for a new group that is forming and the system is very new to everyone; I have one player who played Champions 2nd edition... So I'm very happy you took the time to work though this.

Palmate

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd pop in and say thanks to those who made the 2-page summary! I just printed out a few copies myself to help teach some players that are new to the HERO System' date=' and overall I think this is a great resource to help get people into the game. =)[/quote']

You're welcome. :)

It was a group effort, really. I got a lot of advice and ideas from the forum and Teh Bunneh made it look nice and readable. :)