Hero In Two Pages - Complete

Narf the Mouse

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Re: Hero In Two Pages - Complete

That is a remarkably useful summary of the key concepts of Hero system. It almost deserves to be added as an insert into every core book. :)
I kept this file handy, as a reminder that the Hero system is not all that complicated, when I coded the MapTool framework. It can get complex when you start layering in the optional stuff, but even then it is not difficult to master.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Steve, and others. based on the changes going on at Hero Games it seemed like a good idea to promote some of the tools being used to get new players into the system. This 2 pager of course is world famous by now. But it seems that with less money going into product development promoting the products you have becomes be the highest priority. Also, leveraging your community means using their awesome inputs. I'd recommend moving this somehow from the obscurity of a thread on the forums to a place on the site.

Bunneh and Narf and guys at Hero Games.

Is it ok if i put this up for folks to get at from my campaign site? To that I'll have to host it. Of course I'll put it where others can link to it as well.

If I don't hear a "no don't do it" in the next week i'll assume its ok to put it up there. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent summary/introduction: I've always maintained that Hero is a simple game with a huge character generation system attached.

BTW, and apologies if this has been mentioned, I don't think you can have 'costs END to maintain' on flight, as flight already costs END to maintain.

Excellent summary/introduction: I've always maintained that Hero is a simple game with a huge character generation system attached.

BTW, and apologies if this has been mentioned, I don't think you can have 'costs END to maintain' on flight, as flight already costs END to maintain.

You've just completed the requirements for the Nitpickers Merit Badge. :D

There's a fair few edits I'd make, were I doing it over again. And thanks. :)