Non conductive powder

JmOz

The goal of the power is this:

I throw it at your character, then it covers your body in a fine powder. While the powder is on you (Easy to wipe off) you are not able to project your powers past the powder (In otherwords, it absorbs your electrical blasts)

Re: Non conductive powder

Right now I am looking at barrior, englobing,with transparent to all attacks except electrical, which under 6th I would call a +1/2 advantage, reduced in large part do to it being open both ways not just one

I thought of Drain/Suppress' date=' but at 40 AP per d6 it seemed kind of high for the effect (x8 powers all Electrical powers)[/quote']

That assumes that the target's 'electrical sfx' powers weren't built with the Unified Power Limitation which negates the need to purchase the higher level of Suppress/Drain.

A couple of things to consider:

Is the non-conductive powder (NCP) supposed to interfere with an electrical force field? If so, the Barrier won't do that.

I assume the NCP will hinder electrical teleportation (turning into electricity and "transmitting" himself). If so, a Barrier will need to include the appropriate Advantage.

You'll probably want to include Hardened and Impenetrable on the Barrier, to offset AP/Penetrating attacks.

Right now I am looking at barrior' date=' englobing,with transparent to all attacks except electrical, which under 6th I would call a +1/2 advantage, reduced in large part do to it being open both ways not just one[/quote']

It's Barrier, Usable Against One Other, Area Effect Surface, Only use ED for it, Transparent to Physical Attacks, Hardened, Impenetrable, Affects Desolid, and all of those three advantages are partially limited to only vs. Electricity at -1. Easily Removed would be an additional limitation, but the value of that should be based on how much powder you have and how many charges you're planning on running. If it's 32, then the limitation is like -1/4. If it's 2, it's like a -1.

If your powder has a temperature threshold, just buy a low ED score and jack up the body instead. Then you have to renew the powder every few phases instead of every few minutes. But it will be much cheaper.

It's Barrier, Usable Against One Other, Area Effect Surface, Only use ED for it, Transparent to Physical Attacks, Hardened, Impenetrable, Affects Desolid, and all of those three advantages are partially limited to only vs. Electricity at -1. Easily Removed would be an additional limitation, but the value of that should be based on how much powder you have and how many charges you're planning on running. If it's 32, then the limitation is like -1/4. If it's 2, it's like a -1.

If your powder has a temperature threshold, just buy a low ED score and jack up the body instead. Then you have to renew the powder every few phases instead of every few minutes. But it will be much cheaper.

Looks along the line of what I am thinking, will need to look at some costs. My only question is does it really need the AE advantage as barrior is by it's nature sort of AE...

Insulation powder grenade: 47 points: 20d6 Suppress, 4 powers at once (+1) (200 Active Points); Only against electrical powers (-1), OAF (-1), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Minute (-1) (ended by any serious attempt to remove powder), Not against powers that target self (-1/4)

It would be tempting to buy it without the advantage to attack multiple powers at once, assuming most characters would have these powers in a framework of some kind anyway.

So, thinking about this for one minute. 200 AP, 47 real points, that basicaly does less than a fairly small barrior could do. Seems kind of insanly high for what it does. Don't get me wrong, you are dead on, but I think this is illustrating what is (in some ways) wrong* with adjustment powers...

*Adjustment powers and mental powers are a no win situation, either they are to powerful for what they cost, or not powerful enough with very little ways to balance them

*Adjustment powers and mental powers are a no win situation' date=' either they are to powerful for what they cost, or not powerful enough with very little ways to balance them[/quote']

I would put Flash in that list too, The fact that it pentalizes High SPD targets more then Low SPD ones just seems wrong. I don't want to go back to eary edtion rules of BODY = Phases instead of segments that was too powerful. But someone with a high SPD should be able to recover from being flashed quicker than a low SPD.

But someone with a high SPD should be able to recover from being flashed quicker than a low SPD.
I disagree. Speed represents how many times I can take combat significant actions in a turn. Why would this have any bearing on how fast I recover from being blinded?

Personally I find it more balanced that a high speed character is penalized more by flash than a low speed character. The benefit of a high speed is more actions 99% of the time. The benefit of a low speed is actions on phases other don't go, and fewer actions lost to flashes. Wow, what a trade off.

If you want a high speed character to recover faster from flashes I say buy it as a power.

I disagree. Speed represents how many times I can take combat significant actions in a turn. Why would this have any bearing on how fast I recover from being blinded?

Personally I find it more balanced that a high speed character is penalized more by flash than a low speed character. The benefit of a high speed is more actions 99% of the time. The benefit of a low speed is actions on phases other don't go, and fewer actions lost to flashes. Wow, what a trade off.

If you want a high speed character to recover faster from flashes I say buy it as a power.

So you wouldn't allow a high SPD character to recover STUN or being stunned quicker then a low SPD one?

No idea on balance BUT

What if you made Flash damage function a bit like stun, where the character takes stun like damage, but then gets to apply his REC to it each phase that he is stuned

So his attacker rolls a 5, a 3, and a 4, for a total of 12 "Flash Damage", with a recovery of 5 it will take 3 phases before he is clear of the effect

No idea on balance BUT

What if you made Flash damage function a bit like stun, where the character takes stun like damage, but then gets to apply his REC to it each phase that he is stuned

So his attacker rolls a 5, a 3, and a 4, for a total of 12 "Flash Damage", with a recovery of 5 it will take 3 phases before he is clear of the effect

This could work. I'll have to try it out and see what needs to be tweeked.

So you wouldn't allow a high SPD character to recover STUN or being stunned quicker then a low SPD one?

The high SPD character has to "take a RECovery", ie. burn an action, to recover faster than anyone else. He paid for the SPD so of course he can recover faster, at the risk of getting hit since taking a recovery can be interupted and, if I remember correctly, makes you more vulnerable.

All of which has no real bearing on a discussion about how Flash operates.

You act like getting flashed magically makes the higher SPD character's phases disappear. You still get to act when flashed. You may not be nearly as effective, but you do get to act. Hell, if you are flashed but your team mates aren't, you might get to just burn some phases taking all those extra recoveries you brought up while your buddies hold them off. Not all skills require a targeting sense. Do you need a targeting sense to make a PRE attack? There are options for all characters when flashed and the high SPD character has the same options as the low SPD ones, and gets to do more of them.

The high SPD character has to "take a RECovery", ie. burn an action, to recover faster than anyone else. He paid for the SPD so of course he can recover faster, at the risk of getting hit since taking a recovery can be interupted and, if I remember correctly, makes you more vulnerable.

All of which has no real bearing on a discussion about how Flash operates.

You act like getting flashed magically makes the higher SPD character's phases disappear. You still get to act when flashed. You may not be nearly as effective, but you do get to act. Hell, if you are flashed but your team mates aren't, you might get to just burn some phases taking all those extra recoveries you brought up while your buddies hold them off. Not all skills require a targeting sense. Do you need a targeting sense to make a PRE attack? There are options for all characters when flashed and the high SPD character has the same options as the low SPD ones, and gets to do more of them.

Let's just agree to disagree :) I just think FLASH is semi-broken.