Replacing Destroyer with Teleios

Dr. MID-Nite

Re: Replacing Destroyer with Teleios

I'd like Teleios to become one of my campaign's leading bad guys. However' date=' I also want to use the material from Book of the Destroyer....particularly the bases/vehicles/villains. Any particular ideas anyone can suggest to make the material therein more in line with Teleios?[/quote']

Replace the word "robot" with "mutant / clone / abomination" and you should do fine. : ).

La Rose

PS.: I like Teleios more than Dr. D., too. : )

Expand Teleios' science skills to have the breadth of Destroyer's. Be prepared to have your breath taken away when you see his skill levels' date=' though, since DD has INT 35 and Teleios has INT 50.[/quote']

Yeah...that was my initial thought. i don't want to make him too much like Destroyer though. One idea is that he has various others working for him who basically "cover" his deficiencies in some of the harder sciences. That...and yeah..fewer robots and more cloned troops etc. But I'd love to run an adventure that was akin to the original Island of Dr. Destroyer...but without the uber boring..Deux Ex Machina Doc involved.

I've had an idea to do this myself.

Comparing with the 6e CU, DD did in fact die at Detroit. He was dying already and decided to commit the superpowered equivalent of "suicide by cop", though in his own mind he was choosing to A. die by his own hand, for only Destroyer can choose the hour of Destroyer's death and B. taking as many of his enemies with him as possible, to deny them the pleasure of a world without Destroyer. And Shadow Destroyer either doesn't exist, or hasn't and never will find his way to my campaign world (since Luther Black "left and never came back", there was no trail for SD to follow).

Thus the way is left open for Teleios to step in - all of his decades of waiting for that fool Zerstoiten to finally die have paid off. You see, Teleios is the name currently used by a contemporary of DD, one Gerhardt Spregen (sp?) [from 4e Dark Champions; Justice Not Law, IIRC]. You see, Spregen successfully formulated a longevity serum during WWII, but shared a subtly altered version of the formula with Zerstoiten that *prevented* any such treatments from being effective while taking the real serum himself.

I've had an idea to do this myself.

Comparing with the 6e CU, DD did in fact die at Detroit. He was dying already and decided to commit the superpowered equivalent of "suicide by cop", though in his own mind he was choosing to A. die by his own hand, for only Destroyer can choose the hour of Destroyer's death and B. taking as many of his enemies with him as possible, to deny them the pleasure of a world without Destroyer. And Shadow Destroyer either doesn't exist, or hasn't and never will find his way to my campaign world (since Luther Black "left and never came back", there was no trail for SD to follow).

Thus the way is left open for Teleios to step in - all of his decades of waiting for that fool Zerstoiten to finally die have paid off. You see, Teleios is the name currently used by a contemporary of DD, one Gerhardt Spregen (sp?) [from 4e Dark Champions; Justice Not Law, IIRC]. You see, Spregen successfully formulated a longevity serum during WWII, but shared a subtly altered version of the formula with Zerstoiten that *prevented* any such treatments from being effective while taking the real serum himself.

The Justice, Not Law version of Dr. Gerhardt Spregen is one of the top 5 Champions or Dark Champions characters ever (My other top 4 are Dr. Destroyer (5E), Foxbat (any edition), Robert Caliburn (5E) and The Idiot King (4E))... In my campaign world, Dr. Gerhardt Spregen's DNA is what Malachite's genetic material is made of.

As to why he chose such a slow method of killing off Zerstoiten -- well, INT 35 Zerstoiten was more intelligent than even Spregen back then (although Spregen has since used the intervening decades to genetically augment his brains to past even Destroyer's level, in addition to making himself unaging and etc.), and it wasn't the time and place to pick a fight at the time, especially since he couldn't be sure who'd win. So, that plus inventing longevity meant Spregen simply chose to take a very slow and steady approach to killing Zerstoiten off. In addition, the emergence of superhumanity meant that the world was entering an era of change where no prior precedents would or could apply, and Spregen wanted a couple of decades to see what new pattern the world would settle into before trying to conquer it; you shouldn't fight on uncertain ground, after all.

Besides, Albert made such interesting toys...

How about this: Albert Zerstoiten had read the published genetics theories of Jakob Stroessen, and suspected that Stroessen might discover the key to solving Zerstoiten's aging problem... with a little help. So Dr. Destroyer secretly gave Stroessen the formulas that allowed him to become Teleios, and continued to monitor his progress. While Destroyer ultimately perished -- either in the Battle of Detroit or subsequently due to old age -- he considered Teleios his intellectual "heir," and upon his passing Destroyer's AI, Sennacherib, contacted Teleios with the "keys to the kingdom."

The "new" Dr. Destroyer is actually a guise adopted by Teleios to divert suspicion from his true identity, and distract the authorities' attention from his principal activities.

For my world, there were two brothers. Brilliant one a technician, one a doctor. They would be Destroyer/Telios style scientists. Each had followers created by the other that covered their "weakspots"

The Doctor has an android majordomo who is a brilliant designer and adapter of technologies but not a creator.

The Engineer has an artificial assistant who handle his medical and life science issues.

As to why he chose such a slow method of killing off Zerstoiten -- well, INT 35 Zerstoiten was more intelligent than even Spregen back then (although Spregen has since used the intervening decades to genetically augment his brains to past even Destroyer's level, in addition to making himself unaging and etc.), and it wasn't the time and place to pick a fight at the time, especially since he couldn't be sure who'd win. So, that plus inventing longevity meant Spregen simply chose to take a very slow and steady approach to killing Zerstoiten off. In addition, the emergence of superhumanity meant that the world was entering an era of change where no prior precedents would or could apply, and Spregen wanted a couple of decades to see what new pattern the world would settle into before trying to conquer it; you shouldn't fight on uncertain ground, after all.

Besides, Albert made such interesting toys...

And thus speaks my partner in that plotting... Hi, Chuck!

Have Gigaton and/or Rakshasa either be creations of or perverted by Teleios. They appear to be carrying on the Doctor's works but they are actually advancing Teleios' aims.

Dr. Destroyer was so desperate to forestall aging that he took the antigeria treatments that Teleios offered. Zerstoiten dealt with all the biological traps and ensnarements that Teleios coded in, but one. Dr. Destroyer did fall at Detroit but when his corpse unexpectedly arose Teleios was in control.