Champions Villians Book I pdf now available in hero online store

megaplayboy

...and it looks pretty good. A lot more master villain writeups than I expected(30!), pretty much covering almost all of those discussed or written up in 5th edition, with a few new ones thrown in. They range from a few hundred points to almost 4,000(won't be difficult to figure out which one that is, heh). And there's a few superteams thrown in, too. Now if we could see a dozen or more superteams in the second book, and 100+ assorted solo villains in the third, I'll be a very happy Camper van Beethoven.

:thumbup:

Re: Champions Villians Book I pdf now available in hero online store

Who are the new guys in the mastermind set if one might ask?

Well, offhand there's an evil faerie queen, a deranged professor who's fascinated by dimensional travel, and a corrupt billionaire with his fingers dipping into various evil plots. I think the writeup for Joseph Otanga is new, too. There's probably a few more...

Just to be clear so no one thinks we're trying to pull a fast one ;) , the only 100% new master villains in CV1 are: Kigatilik and Professor Paradigm. Every other master villain in there appeared in a 5E product in some form, though some of them were in supplements that not everyone may have purchased, and so they might be new to you personally. ;)

Now if we could see a dozen or more superteams in the second book, and 100+ assorted solo villains in the third, I'll be a very happy Camper van Beethoven.

To be precise, there are 18 teams in CV2 (ranging from duos to 5+ member teams, with a total of 85 characters in the book by quick count).

By my quick count there are 139 solo villains in CV3.

(By point of comparison, a quick count reveals 102 characters in CV1.)

I have bought the PDF and I like the art on some of the people. Kigatilik looks much better than he does in CO. And the Vhan looks a lot better as does the Warlord from their first appearances.

Yeah, the art for them in CKC was a little bit on the generic side...

Which teams? Although if I were to guess, I would bet on Eurostar, the Ultimates, GRAB, and maybe the Crowns of Krim and PSI. But with 326 different villains between the three books, I'm sure I'll have plenty to keep me busy.

Which teams?

—the Brain Trust

—the Circle of the Scarlet Moon

—Cirque Sinister

—the Crimelords

—the Crowns of Krim

—Deathstroke

—the Devil’s Advocates

—Eurostar

—the Futurists

—GRAB

—Merc-Force 1

—PSI

—Red Winter

—Smoke and Mirrors

—the Sylvestri family

—the Tiger Squad

—the Ultimates

—the Vandaleur family

Now, arguably the Circle of the Scarlet Moon is an "organization" rather than a "team," but I didn't think anyone would mind my adding them into the mix. ;)

In several cases the master villains have what amount to supervillain teams among their supporting forces' date=' which adds to the team-vs-team gaming possibilities.[/quote']

Yep, you probably wind up with about 2 dozen supervillain teams. I can't imagine there are too many campaigns which need more than 30 master villains, 20-30 villain teams, and 100-150 solo villains (with maybe a dozen evil agencies tossed in) to keep their PCs busy.

—the Brain Trust

(...much other goodness...)

The Brain Trust is one of my favorite villain teams in recent years (Seriously, give this team a pirate, and it's got all the basic geek food groups) so glad to see they've gone into the 6th Edition.

Thanks for the information. I know who almost all of these groups are. Exceptions being the Futurists, Merc-Force 1, and Red Winter. Would Red Winter be a updated Red Doom from 4th Edition? And are the other two new writeups or old ones I missed. And did you bring back the dead for Deathstroke or add any new members? Any further information that you're willing and able to give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Now' date=' arguably the Circle of the Scarlet Moon is an "organization" rather than a "team," but I didn't think anyone would mind my adding them into the mix. ;)[/quote']

Weeeell... :whistle:

This does surprise me, as the version of the Circle from Arcane Adversaries didn't seem to function like a traditional villain team. Were any changes made to it other than Sixification?

Thanks for the information. I know who almost all of these groups are. Exceptions being the Futurists' date=' Merc-Force 1, and Red Winter. Would Red Winter be a updated Red Doom from 4th Edition? And are the other two new writeups or old ones I missed. And did you bring back the dead for Deathstroke or add any new members? Any further information that you're willing and able to give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.[/quote']

Merc-Force 1 was written up for the villain book Evil Unleashed, while Red Winter was introduced in Champions Online (and they're not an update of Red Doom, although they are an ex-Soviet superteam). I don't know anything regarding the Futurists; but Steve's remarks about Deathstroke indicate that it just includes the brothers, Requiem and Frost (at least so far), after they escape from Stronghold.

I know who almost all of these groups are. Exceptions being the Futurists, Merc-Force 1, and Red Winter. Would Red Winter be a updated Red Doom from 4th Edition? And are the other two new writeups or old ones I missed. And did you bring back the dead for Deathstroke or add any new members?

1. No, Red Winter is an entirely new team created by Cryptic for an appearance in Champions Online; I took the tidbits of information they had and fleshed 'em out into full characters.

2. The Futurists are new -- again, an MMO group (or duo, at this stage). Merc-Force 1 was in Evil Unleashed.

3. Re: Deathstroke, when I kill someone they stay killed. ;) It's just the two duMorte brothers now; what makes Deathstroke interesting to me as a group is that it's a group that's trying to rebuild after escaping from Stronghold during the 2009 breakout. I think there's a lot of story potential there.

The line between "villain team" and "organization" is a fuzzy one. To me, just as Masterminds would be pretty dull if it simply included page after page of high point combat monsters, Teams would be pretty dull if it included only groups of 4 - 6 Supers balanced against a team of 4 - 6 Supers. Some teams that are larger or smaller, stronger or weaker, more or less cohesive, etc. adds variety, and that's never a bad thing.

Thanks to all of you for the information. The groups I hadn't heard of sound interesting. What's happening with Deathstroke also sounds fascinating. All the villain books just went to the top of my wish and purchase lists.

3. Re: Deathstroke' date=' when I kill someone they stay killed. ;)[/quote']

Didn't do a very thorough job with Kal-Turak. :P

It's just the two duMorte brothers now; what makes Deathstroke interesting to me as a group is that it's a group that's trying to rebuild after escaping from Stronghold during the 2009 breakout. I think there's a lot of story potential there.

I must admit, a "team seed" that a GM could build his own team around is a very cool idea I've never seen before. :thumbup: