Champions Villians Book I pdf now available in hero online store

megaplayboy

Re: Champions Villians Book I pdf now available in hero online store

Soooooooooo..the PDF has been out for days now...and...no specific comments on the characters within? What are they like...any big point/build differences? Anything about the new book surprise you? Inquiring minds want to know!(Or at least this inquiring mind.)

Soooooooooo..the PDF has been out for days now...and...no specific comments on the characters within? What are they like...any big point/build differences? Anything about the new book surprise you? Inquiring minds want to know!(Or at least this inquiring mind.)

At least 3 builds that I can recall make use of damage negation.

I was kind of surprised by the amount of Canadians...

Didn't realize how thoroughly we've infiltrated your country, did ya? :sneaky:

You can thank Scott Bennie's excellent Champions Of The North source book, and Cryptic Studios building on all that ready-made material for one of Champions Online's earliest game zones, for all the Canuckian representation.

The artwork is a lot better than the black and white versions. The War Machine now have a leader to be terrified of. The art for them previously was acceptable but now the colour version gives them a new dimension.

The Canadian spirit creatures are scary.

Didn't realize how thoroughly we've infiltrated your country, did ya? :sneaky:

You can thank Scott Bennie's excellent Champions Of The North source book, and Cryptic Studios building on all that ready-made material for one of Champions Online's earliest game zones, for all the Canuckian representation.

Untold numbers of Canadian villains?

I , for one, would like to welcome our 'Eh' using overlords

;)

The artwork is a lot better than the black and white versions. The War Machine now have a leader to be terrified of. The art for them previously was acceptable but now the colour version gives them a new dimension.

The Canadian spirit creatures are scary.

Color? drat! curse you evil "taking my money" game publishers!!!!!

sigh....

I was going to wait and get this book last, I tend to use solo or small teams pre-made villains far more often as is or for inspiration than the big guns.

But now.... I normally never cared about an color in the art... but the last few hero books with it have really grown on me...

this really blows..... {spence leaves to check available mad money balance}

;)

I was surprised to learn Kinematik/Momentum was from Lancer's parallel universe. Now I'm thinking that a sourcebook of universes parallel to Champions Earth could make a decent supplement in 6th Ed--Lancer's world, the Cahokian's world, Left-Handed Earth, and the Multifarian Earth fleshed out a bit, with maybe a short adventure along the lines of "Reality Storm II" would make a dandy book.

I was surprised to learn Kinematik/Momentum was from Lancer's parallel universe. Now I'm thinking that a sourcebook of universes parallel to Champions Earth could make a decent supplement in 6th Ed--Lancer's world' date=' the Cahokian's world, Left-Handed Earth, and the Multifarian Earth fleshed out a bit, with maybe a short adventure along the lines of "Reality Storm II" would make a dandy book.[/quote']

This sounds like an update of Champions in 3-D.

I was surprised to learn Kinematik/Momentum was from Lancer's parallel universe. Now I'm thinking that a sourcebook of universes parallel to Champions Earth could make a decent supplement in 6th Ed--Lancer's world' date=' the Cahokian's world, Left-Handed Earth, and the Multifarian Earth fleshed out a bit, with maybe a short adventure along the lines of "Reality Storm II" would make a dandy book.[/quote']

This sounds like an update of Champions in 3-D.

I would buy the hell out of either. Maybe a cross-over with M&M 3rd Edition, as they seem to be the only other supers game that's really still around in a major way.

Interestingly, most of the villains have more than 75 points in complications.

For example, Gigaton has 100, Rakshasa has 120, Gravitar has 150, etc.

Anyone else notice this?

I suspect that's a holdover from converting the 5th ed. versions. Plus there is the suggestion in 6th that characters built on a lot of points could have more than 100 points in complications. I think the point of the change in 6th was to simplify/streamline things for both players and GMs.

I suspect that's a holdover from converting the 5th ed. versions. Plus there is the suggestion in 6th that characters built on a lot of points could have more than 100 points in complications. I think the point of the change in 6th was to simplify/streamline things for both players and GMs.

Perfectly reasonable explanation. But why do the sheets not show the correct number?