New Protectors Rising! (Bay City Campaign idea)

Hermit

Re: New Protectors Rising! (Bay City Campaign idea)

I'm wracking my brains for which Champions Villain would make the best Master Villain for this hodge podge brew I've set to simmer. I am leaning towards Teleios, but one should only inflict so many clones on people. :) Isvatha is one I really like, but haven't always put to good use. We'll see

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wracking my brains for which Champions Villain would make the best Master Villain for this hodge podge brew I've set to simmer. I am leaning towards Teleios' date=' but one should only inflict so many clones on people. :) Isvatha is one I really like, but haven't always put to good use. We'll see[/quote']

The more mercenary villains trying to take advantage of the Protectors calling for a member drive might flock in. This might be sourred on by viper

CES

I'm so embarrased by this' date=' but remind me who these guys are? Is that Galactic Champs? Because that might be a bit much[/quote']

Yes..both are from galactic Champions...Not so sure about Maraud, but Sovereign makes an excellent Master Villain type. I used his writeup...gave him an new name and origin/MO and wa la..brand new Mega Villain..

I plan to have every player character in the campaign recieve something like a card or letter stating something akin to the following...

To the superhero known as _________,

Forgive the bluntness of this missive but in a world as paranoid as ours, it is best to sometimes simply cut to the chase. We have observed your actions by media, and when possible, closer sources. Your career as a superhero is only recently begun, but already shows great promise.

We would like to help you fulfill that promise, and at the same time introduce you to a city that will definitely be in need of new heroes such as yourself. The superheroes known as the Protectors have been around since the 1980s. Based in what is now known as Bay City, California, this team has had its trials and tribulations, but also done much good for the world.

You are invited to audition for membership. While it may seem arrogant in the extreme to expect you to prove yourself after you have undoubtably already faced much evil, the team wishes to make sure that there will be a good blend in not just competence, but mutual causes and comptablity. Those joining will find access to a high tech headquarters, an upgraded team vehicle, and an artificial intelligence happy to assist them as it has countless members before. There will also be a small stripend to suppplement you, enough to help ease costs of moving, and allow you to cope with the difficulties a dual identity career search might bring.

If interested, call 1-800-PRO-TECT, and give this this code....(******). For security measures, we ask that you do not let this fall into any wrong hands.

Auditions start in one month.

Sincerely,

Galahad of the Protectors.

Well first, I'm a better 'idea' man than I am a GM. I admit that. I've had good players leave my Hero Central games because RL stuff came up for them, or for me, but sometimes it died because I just was not near the top of my game and the players were understandibly disappointed.

secondly...It's kind of up now... though not sure when I'll actually get started running it :o

I'm so embarrased by this' date=' but remind me who these guys are? Is that Galactic Champs? Because that might be a bit much[/quote']

Yes, they're both from Galactic Champions. Sovereign is a 1600 point character, definitely a challenge for a team. Maraud, the Xenovore Captain America, only weighs in at 650 points, so not that impressive. Though these are Fifth Edition writeups and he's a real Char Monkey (high Dex leads to high speed leads to high OCV leads to "Oh, look, there's a stinger through my head."

All that said, they're both interesting characters for backstory. Maraud could be timelost and looking for a ride back to Xenovore space. Sovereign, I've always imagined, has long-range plans for our promising but infantile species, so he might have been monkeying around on Earth in our time.

I'll consider them. I do love me some aliens. heck, I'm hoping to get Champions Beyond as a gift when my birthday rolls around. I've dropped hints (like a pigeon drops birdpoop) in hopes my friends caught onto it ;)

Yes, they're both from Galactic Champions. Sovereign is a 1600 point character, definitely a challenge for a team. Maraud, the Xenovore Captain America, only weighs in at 650 points, so not that impressive. Though these are Fifth Edition writeups and he's a real Char Monkey (high Dex leads to high speed leads to high OCV leads to "Oh, look, there's a stinger through my head."

All that said, they're both interesting characters for backstory. Maraud could be timelost and looking for a ride back to Xenovore space. Sovereign, I've always imagined, has long-range plans for our promising but infantile species, so he might have been monkeying around on Earth in our time.

Yeah...Maraud may be "only" 650pts, but he has a 9 SPD. That alone makes him really dangerous...

Well, I'm already getting some submissions on HERO central, and I can tell already the narrowing it down will be tricky so if any of you apply and I nix it, please don't hate me. :gulp:

And I'd like to thank those who've given me some input, ideas, and good advice. I hope to chatter a bit more on this thread later

Well, I'm already getting some submissions on HERO central, and I can tell already the narrowing it down will be tricky so if any of you apply and I nix it, please don't hate me. :gulp:

And I'd like to thank those who've given me some input, ideas, and good advice. I hope to chatter a bit more on this thread later

Hero Central...oh dear.

A Gathering Steam!

...hmmm

Allow me to introduce Unnamed City's soon to be ex-Greatest Protector! (since he's moving to Bay City)

“Can I get you another drink, Mr. Beauchamp?” The waitress asked. She was dressed in a rather flattering toga and costume jewelry. It was the standard uniform for the tourist-trap theme hotel the Olympia.

The sun was baking him, but he didn’t really mind – he could use some color. Sitting in the lounge chair by the pool of a Mediterranean resort should have been a dream come true.

“Thank you, no I’ve had too many,” Jason tried to smile but it came across as a grimace. He tipped her anyway and went back to his laptop. The blank screen gave him an equally blank look. He tapped the space bar a few times and began to type. Then he deleted it.

You’re a dreamer, Jason. You always will be. I need someone who is grounded in reality.

How sad was it that he could type her Dear Jason letter by heart. He could even add things to it, like: Besides, Rod has a really nice car, takes care of himself, and he buys me all sorts of neat gifts.

His cell went off and brought him a bit of respite from his venom and self-loathing.

“Oh hey Brad, how’s things back home?

“No, it was a bad idea; nothing here is making me forget Monica. I just feel like an even bigger fool.

“Seriously? You’re kidding! They want to publish it?” he almost fell out of the chair.

Jason keyed in some numbers and packed his stuff and ran to the hotel room. Once there he booted up “Lost in Paradise” and, after making sure the last revision was with him, sent it on. Sure it was a silly romance novel, but it was also about to be published.

What would you think about that, Moni? He thought bitterly of what she’d be most interested in: the advance. How had it taken three years for her to decide he wasn’t what she wanted anyway? It’s not like he woke up one day and was an underemployed author.

But now wasn’t the time to think about his failed relationships. Now was the time to celebrate his first book deal; the tours to Mount Olympus were leaving in a few hours and he suddenly felt the need to be on one. He took a shower and then lie down for a brief nap before heading out.

The mountain itself was beautiful. At the top it was astounding. In truth, he couldn’t remember getting there. But the temple to the Gods was intact and looked timeless.

“Welcome Jason.” A compelling, feminine voice drew his attention. To his amazement, dressed in form fitting and uncomfortably revealing golden armor, was most beautiful woman he’d ever laid eyes on standing no more than a few yards away.

“I am Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and heroism.” When she spoke, her voice reverberated in his very soul. Clearly he was going insane.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Jason stammered, “I’m suffering from too much drink, apparently.”

“Perhaps,” She gave him a sly grin, “Regardless of your current state, I am indeed who I have claimed and I believe it is time for the Gods of Olympus to take a hand in the affairs of mankind.”

“Well, I commend you on it, it’s a rough age to be in, we could use some help,” the words came unbidden to his lips; clearly she must think him a bumbling idiot.

“I would like you to act as my Champion here on Earth.”

“That’s insane,” He said quickly, his mind was reeling, “I’m no hero, hell I’m not even Greek.”

She chuckled, “You are an American. And it is in America where the Oracle’s have seen the battle taking place.”

“Ok so you know that; and as a Goddess of Wisdom you should. You also should know I’m not a hero, I’m a dreamer. A loser.”

“You are a dreamer, and it is from dreams that better worlds can be made.” She graced him with a smile so brilliant, so genuine that for a moment he was speechless. She was so beautiful. “You were always my favorite mythological Goddess,“ he heard himself say.

Athena actually blushed at his compliment. How hard up for worshipers were they?

“That is kind of you to say Jason.”

“Ok assuming for a moment I am the dreamer you seek, what do I need to do?”

“I do not seek a worshiper, I seek a champion. You will bring justice and comfort to the people of Earth. It will not be easy, but you will not be sent to die unprepared.”

With a wave of her hand, Athena’s form shimmered and a bright light formed behind her, suddenly the temple was filled with beautiful men and women all giving off the same divine aura. Jason’s heart threatened to explode. He felt dizzy.

One by one, the assembled divine beings approached him and bestowed upon him a kiss, it was rather wonderful…though the males’ kisses were a little awkward. Each boon seemed to send icicles down his spine or fire through his veins. When they had all finished, his vision cleared and Athena approached at last and took his face in her hands and kissed him. It was incredible. Not only the kiss, but as she did so, he suddenly recognized the assembled by name.

A flood of information washed over his poor brain and yet it took him several seconds to realize he now was taller than Athena. He felt like he could go rounds with the Nemean lion – or Thor. That would be fun. He should find Thor. The maelstrom of thoughts and emotions faded and he found himself alone, save for Athena sitting on a marble throne, regal but not haughty, she looked almost casual.

“That will do, for now.” Her smile made his knees weak; though he was now painfully reminded of her being a chaste Goddess. Of all the luck.

“Why me, Goddess Athena?” Jason sat down on the floor of the temple and gazed up at her. What was the title for a Goddess anyway? My Lady? Your Highness? OH My Goddess?

“Erato likes your stories.” Athena said with what he might have classified as a giggle, but coming from her “giggle” seemed insufficient and lowly. There was a gleam in her eye that made him flush.

“How does she know…ok, never mind, that’s a really dumb question.” Jason was now certain he was dreaming. Though he’d never heard of dreams where you remembered more than you knew before.

“I must return to Olympia now, Jason. Do good work and know, my Champion, that I am watching you,” Athena rose from her throne and with another wave of her hand a portal opened. She turned away and walked to Olympia.

“Was that a threat or inspiration?” He asked under his breath.

“Both.” She said over her shoulder, but there was a touch of mischief in her eye.

“Oh boy,” Jason breathed as the world faded away and he found himself lying in his hotel bed.

Best. Dream. Evar! He thought as he got out of bed, he hopped into the bathroom to fix his hair and screamed. The face in the mirror was not his. With a start he found himself dressed in a white and blue costume with a long, flowing cape.

“It wasn’t a dream?!? “ He shouted, “How the hell was that not a dream?”

Remember, my Champion, I am watching. He heard Athena’s voice on the wind. With an awkwardly girlish squeal of glee, Jason Beauchamp, the Olympian flew into the Sky.