Aura of Innocence/Aura of Purity

Steve

What sort of abilities would you give a character who had an "aura of innocence" or "aura of purity" about them?

One ability that I thought might be appropriate would be Striking Appearance at the 2-point level. OTOH, this could also be a form of Distinctive Features, especially in Fantasy or Pulp settings.

What other abilities might have "innocence" or "purity" as a power source?

Re: Aura of Innocence/Aura of Purity

There might be spells in a fantasy game that might require an innocent or someone who is pure' date=' as in untouched by a member of the opposite sex for purposes of mating.[/quote']

You mean the classical virgin sacrifices?

I think in D&D, "Book of Exalted Deeds" there were some powers around that:

- One effect that shattered every manufactured, normal weapon hitting the character (DN + Damage Shield, both properly Limited).

- one vow of purity/chasity, giving strong resistances to MC, Drugs, Poisions, etc....

- one with a hefty bonus to diplomacy (around +8, stacking with others)

+X with all Interaction skills (only with Unicorns -1 more or less depending on frequency of unicorns in campaign setting)

Damage sheild versus creatures that dislike purity/innocence

Power Defense vs. certain types of Transformations

Mental Defense vs. certain types of Mind Control

How pure are we talking here? If it is just sweet and innocent, then at most I would say a 1pt Perk so that evil spells that had a limitation "Not vs. Pure" or monsters that have a Physical Complication "Can't touch pure things" are affected. That is assuming such things exist in the campaign. If being virginal basically makes you a spell component and a target for those that would corrupt you, then it would be a Distinctive Feature or possibly Social Complication.

Now if the character is angelic pure and can incinerate undead with a glance, then you have to start buying powers for that. Mostly I would go with Flashes, Suppress vs. "Evil" powers, and Blasts/KA vs. "corrupt" beings.

Aura of white light around them (bonus to PER to see them and in the area to spot things due to bright light)?

Similar aura of thinking you hear harp music?

Climate control (you never are cold or hot when around pure people).

Hunted Evil cult wanting to sacrifice them.

Bonuses to attacks and skills versus "evil"

Presence attack for screams / noble speeches ?

Summon good guys to assist with screams / noble speeches ?

Not exaclty an Aura, but it may count:

The "Sister of Battle" in Dark Heresy, Inquisitors Handbook have a chain of "Faith" talents. Some of the effects require much more/greater effort (around unrecoverable charge; marked as "rare").

Pure Faith: The basis. Offers great Immunity to Fear and Corruption, both SAN eating effects.

Purge the Unclean: Offensive Power. Repel unclean enemy, stop posession, (rare)heavy, irresistable damage too unclean enemy (RKA, NND "Not Unlcean", Does Body)

Divine Ministration: Bonus to Healing Skill effect, Remove Fatique (LTE loss?), (rare)Transforms others PC dead into a critical wound

Wrath of the Righteuos: Bonus damage or (rare)automatical critical

Blessed Radiance: Extends some imunities from Pure Faith to allies, "Grant HAP to Ally"-Equivalent, (rare)Expand full effects of Pure Faith to allies

This get's me to new areas: Do allies benefit from fighting alongside someone with such an Aura, and is the effect positive or negative.

How about

Divinely Protected

24 1) Force Field (2 PD/2 ED/2 Mental Defense/2 Power Defense) (Protect Carried Items and Clothing), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (36 Active Points); Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2)

2 2) Concealment 13-, Persistent (+1/2) (7 Active Points); Limited Power Only to hide the existence of the Force Field (-2), Always On (-1/2)

Notes: Divine Protection isn't "Invisible" but unless she is under attack you have to be looking for it to notice things like: Clothes and person never become soiled, she can walk through brambles without a scratch, etc.

From my write up of Vaila the Pure

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/72838-Trait-driven-HERO

(note, I put the character under spoiler tags so you'd have to unspoil it)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests checking out the powers traditionally associated with unicorns.

What other abilities might have "innocence" or "purity" as a power source?

The question is more, what can't it be?

Attack Powers: When used to attack the anti-thesis of the character, it can do any attack: MC, Blast, KA, Drain...just name it and we can tell you how it works. And the anti thesis can be very wide from anything not equally pure to anything (the character thinks that every one must be unclean, as his attacks work on everyone).

Also, nearly every body affecting power can be simulated. Growth/Shrinking may be a little bit difficulty (but hey, "angelic size"), but Density Increas without Mass Increase can be considered (unyielding purity) and Multiform is pretty easy.

Movement/Defenses/Utility: Sure, being I/P (inocent or pure) gives you some protection from profane attacks and attacks from profane beings (see above for how broad that can be) and the good guys need an edge in the fight agaisnt evil.

Aid: Piece of cake.

Automaton Powers: At least Book of Exalted Deeds had "Deathless" creatures. A sort of good/positive energy equivalent to "undead". Or a machine, powered by good energy. Or a living statue.

Mental Powers: "My presence has great effect of the mind of the wicked...."

Sensory Powers: "Your evil can not hide in shadows from me."

Sense Affecting: Flash the wicked, be hidden from the wicked.