Alien with a big brain

TheNaga

I meant Alien with a big brain

What would the Int score be if the character's I.Q. is at least 290? Is a Str of 8 good for an alien that is not very strong? Also what would be a good Dex, Con, and Body score for the character.

What do think his telepathy which its only way to speak? Telepathic Communication: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 60 Real Cost) Telepathy 6d6 (Alien class of minds) (Real Cost: 30) plus Telepathy 6d6 (Human class of minds) (Real Cost: 30)

Physical Complication: Cannot speak except thru telepathy (All the Time; Fully Impairing)

How do I do the following? It spends more time around machines instead of people making it have bad/awkward social skills.

It is a humanoid with four arms that towers a full eight feet in height that has no gender. Its smooth hairless body is silver in color. The bones are made of a strong internal network of fibers. Its long neck is twice as long as the neck of a human. The neck is exceptionally, nimble, allowing it to turn its head completely around with no effort. The large head has an extended cranium that is six inches tall. The cranium houses an equally large brain. Its cranium is semi-transparent making its brain visible. The face is featureless except for five solid glassy coated eyes. Two eyes are set on short flexible eyestalks. The two eyestalks can bend to look up, down and backwards without moving its head. Three eyes are found in the center of its forehead. It breathes through its skin. The hands appear humanlike, except they lack a fifth small finger, rather having three long fingers and a long thumb. Both of its feet have two toes. Its blood is metallic blue in color, similar to quicksilver.

Re: Alien with a big brian

Sorry I couldn't resist. Many of your question depend on the setting the alien will be in. 8 is normal strength for a non heroic human being so compared to most PCs it won't be very strong but to Joe Normal it has typical strength. I'd called its phyical limitation: All the Time, Slightly. It can still commuicate and doesn't have to worry about lanaguage but does have to jump through more hoops (and can't do things like shout or address groups all at once)

Re: Alien with a big brian

I meant Alien with a big brain

What would the Int score be if the character's I.Q. is at least 290?

Converting IQ scores to INT is always problematic. You might give the character an INT of 75, but that's a lot of points. I'd buy INT up to 40 or 50 and maybe add some Levels with INT-based Skills. There is a Hyper-Intelligence section in Champions Powers if you want more ideas.

Is a Str of 8 good for an alien that is not very strong? Also what would be a good Dex, Con, and Body score for the character.
An 8 STR isn't strong but it's not feeble either (can lift 75 kg). From your description, it might have a higher than normal BODY. The other Characteristics should fit within campaign guidelines (whatever they are). :D

What do think his telepathy which its only way to speak? Telepathic Communication: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 60 Real Cost) Telepathy 6d6 (Alien class of minds) (Real Cost: 30) plus Telepathy 6d6 (Human class of minds) (Real Cost: 30)
You probably don't need to buy Telepathy twice. You can buy Multiple Classes of Mind for 5 points (6e1 152). Some campaigns might not even require that, if only really bizarre minds count as Alien.

You might also consider using Mind Link instead of Telepathy, depending on how easy it is for others to resist it.

Physical Complication: Cannot speak except thru telepathy (All the Time; Fully Impairing)
This is (IMHO) overvalued, because Telepathy nearly makes up for the inability to speak. I'd consider it to be Infrequent, Slightly.

How do I do the following? It spends more time around machines instead of people making it have bad/awkward social skills.
This might simply be a low PRE, or maybe a Physical Complication if the character is really socially inept.

It is a humanoid with four arms that towers a full eight feet in height that has no gender. Its smooth hairless body is silver in color. The bones are made of a strong internal network of fibers. Its long neck is twice as long as the neck of a human. The neck is exceptionally, nimble, allowing it to turn its head completely around with no effort. The large head has an extended cranium that is six inches tall. The cranium houses an equally large brain. Its cranium is semi-transparent making its brain visible. The face is featureless except for five solid glassy coated eyes. Two eyes are set on short flexible eyestalks. The two eyestalks can bend to look up, down and backwards without moving its head. Three eyes are found in the center of its forehead. It breathes through its skin. The hands appear humanlike, except they lack a fifth small finger, rather having three long fingers and a long thumb. Both of its feet have two toes. Its blood is metallic blue in color, similar to quicksilver.
Definitely Distinctive Features. You'd want extra limbs and 360° vision. You might also consider buying reach.

Re: Alien with a big brain

Brain? Brain? What is brain?

(sorry, had to make the reference)

Anyway, by the sound of it, the alien's brain might be well past 290 even, regardless, I've never felt comfortable with Int (or several other stats) ever being above 50 personally.

Anyway, Int is a tricky thing. Surbrook's beast write-up many times still have Int of 10 (with the lim: Animal Intelligence if I remember)

And with STR. 5 is half STR essentially, you could go with that if you dont want it to be at normal human levels. If it has good BODY/STUN and has certain mental abilities that a character like that most likely would have (TK, maybe mind control) then STR shouldnt matter too much anyhow.

I believe that you can sell back speech for 25 points. This is mentioned on page 10 of 6E2' date=' and perhaps somewhere else, too.[/quote']

Actually I would let his speach be right like it was. I fact would even increase it with Universal Translator (Special Effect: Communicates Telephatically), Only only vs. Being affected as Human class of mind.

Of course the question is where do we put the power that it can not be affected by darkness (hearing)?

About Midn classes in general: The class "Alien" does not means that all aliens are immune to Mental powers of earth mentalists and vice-versa. Usually everything and everyone belongs to the Human class of mind - no matter if he is martian, human, cryptonian or superadvanced android. The only chases where a character has a mindclass that is not human, is when the GM want's him to have that mindclass (usually Machine class for villian robots are relative common; automatons even get complications points for being affectible as a machine mindclass).

Anyway, by the sound of it, the alien's brain might be well past 290 even, regardless, I've never felt comfortable with Int (or several other stats) ever being above 50 personally
He is smarter then the smartest earthling. The IQ was what I had it have in another game system.

What would some good skills for him to have as inventor and scientist besides the following? also what could I look at to make him a good scientist and inverntor?

Weaponsmith (Energy Weapons) 22-

Computer Programming 22-

Electronics 22-

Mechanics 22-

Inventor 22-

How do I make the character more alien in looks less humanoid?

He is smarter then the smartest earthling. The IQ was what I had it have in another game system.

What would some good skills for him to have as inventor and scientist besides the following? also what could I look at to make him a good scientist and inverntor?

Weaponsmith (Energy Weapons) 22-

Computer Programming 22-

Electronics 22-

Mechanics 22-

Inventor 22-

How do I make the character more alien in looks less humanoid?

Give him the Scientist skill enhancer and then load him down with a bunch of Science Skills related to inventing. Depending on what he's inventing, these skills could include Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Cybernetics, and so on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fields_of_science In addition to the skills you have listed, I'd add Cramming and any appropriate Knowledge Skills. You might also want to add in the Eidetic Memory talent.

I also know the he is one of the smartest beings on his home world which has very intelligent beings. His race have at minumum an I.Q. of 200. How could I look at for ideas on the skills?

Besides telepathy whould being able to control machines help him out?

What would be the advantages and disadvantages to breathing thru your skin?

I also know the he is one of the smartest beings on his home world which has very intelligent beings. His race have at minumum an I.Q. of 200. How could I look at for ideas on the skills?

That is okay - that is the highest humanity has too.

The problem with measuring in I.Q. is a simple one:

The scale gets recalibrated every years so that 95% of all humans will fall into the range of 70 to 130. It is only measuring your Intelligence realtive to Control Group of 1000 people. It is not a absolute measurement like Lenght, Wieght, or Force.

"breathing thru your skin":

1 Immunity to being choked/drowned by just putting his head underwater.

Maybe a Vulnerability to breathing Vector Attacks?

I was wanting him to be as alien look as the Elder Things. The only thing I could think it looking like the creature describe below which I made.

This vile creature resembles a gigantic, tremendously horrific creature that blend the features of a monstrous humanoid with the worst features of a segmented worm. He stands twelve feet tall. His whole body is covered in hard jagged chitinous plates that are sickly yellow in color. Both of his monstrous eel heads are perched upon a flexible foot long snake-like neck. On each side of both heads he has one huge round eye and behind that eye are three smaller round eyes. Each one of his eyes is an unearthly orange orb that blazes brightly with a fiery light. Both of his large powerful mouths are lined with a double row of razor-sharp, serrated, triangular teeth. Instead of a normal tongue both of his mouths have three black tentacle-like tongues that when fully extended, are about one-third the length of his body. In place of each arm he has three highly flexible prehensile nightmarish looking tentacles. A triple row of inch long backwards curving spines protrudes from his back. The segment worm body is twelve feet in length with each jagged segment measuring a foot in length.

Does Champions have any rules for handling genderless creatures and beings?

Does Champions have any rules for handling genderless creatures and beings?

The closest thing would be a robot, I guess. Or perhaps a demon.

The question is what effect will that have? Immunity to interactions skill (the seduction use of charm) and Striking Apereance defined as "only against Apropirate Gender"?

The closest thing would be a robot, I guess. Or perhaps a demon.

The question is what effect will that have? Immunity to interactions skill (the seduction use of charm) and Striking Apereance defined as "only against Apropirate Gender"?

Even if he had a gender, a being of this completely alien species would be unlikely to find humans attractive at all unless you're in a '50s B-Movie inspired campaign where everyone in the Universe "needs our women". He would be immune to uses of charm involving romance but not other uses. The main thing about this guy is that his thinking would be as alien as his appearance. A telepath who tried to actually enter his mind beyond his defensive shell would find most of its contents utterly incomprehensible. A creature that has no concept of gender (how does his kind reproduce) would be very alien mentally -- the concept is that pervasive among biological beings. Will his plans or desires make sense to anyone but himself (if he's the only one of his kind on Earth)?

How would I make the description below more alien looking? The description is going to be the way it will look from now on.

Would reproduce asexual be better then having each on of its race being a clone?

This vile creature resembles a gigantic, tremendously horrific creature that blend the features of a monstrous humanoid with the worst features of a segmented worm. He stands twelve feet tall. His whole body is covered in hard jagged chitinous plates that are sickly yellow in color. Both of his monstrous eel heads are perched upon a flexible foot long snake-like neck. On each side of both heads he has one huge round eye and behind that eye are three smaller round eyes. Each one of his eyes is an unearthly orange orb that blazes brightly with a fiery light. Both of his large powerful mouths are lined with a double row of razor-sharp, serrated, triangular teeth. Instead of a normal tongue both of his mouths have three black tentacle-like tongues that when fully extended, are about one-third the length of his body. In place of each arm he has three highly flexible prehensile nightmarish looking tentacles. A triple row of inch long backwards curving spines protrudes from his back. The segment worm body is twelve feet in length with each jagged segment measuring a foot in length.

Would reproduce asexual be better then having each on of its race being a clone?

I think cloning is fine, but clone species tend to have limited individual personalities. With no need for a competetion for reproduction partners, there is little to do except serving the soceity. The same way a single "unit" has little value for the soceity.

But they would need some "overarching goal" as a species. Like learning from every species, or suply helping them to a higher state of existance.

Using cloning instead of normal gestation would also require a very stable DNA and is most often done for the sake of efficiency in creating new units.

• 2 weeks later...

Its massive brain would extend down its back. Think of the Uber-Morlock from the 2002 Time Machine.

I think dying because his brain is exposed.

Those things tend to be pretty fragile wich is why the are protected by shock-absorbers, a thermal regulation system and a bone plate in the first place.

Then the skull would have to extend down its back to protect the brain? Why would some ones brain grow out of skull and down their back? I saw in one game system that the person with this took temporary Intelligence damage when his head was struck. I was wanting the characters brain being bigger then what is right now which is six inches tall.