Looking for: Heroic Power Mimic

CrosshairCollie

Re: Looking for: Heroic Power Mimic

The closest to what you want that I can think of are two characters for Fifth Edition CU: "Doctor" Ivan Fortus, who works for Bastion Alpha Security (Cops, Crews, And Cabals), has the ability to absorb mutant DNA, and then inject it into a normal human, inducing usually-weaker versions of the mutant's powers in the recipient. Nocturne, the partner of the current Black Mask (Champions Universe: News Of The World), is another mutant who psychically copies the skills and memories of people near her.

The build is usually variable power pool with limitations on the control cost that you can only mimic another's abilities. Can be expensive.

Yeah ... I was mostly checking 'cause I needed an NPC with that power set for something and wanted to poach official materials if any existed. :)

The character Eclipse in Champions Villains vol. 3 is an example of how such a Mimic VPP might be constructed. (Though the math is wrong; if she can only mimic the last person she touched and has no access to abilities/powers/skills from previous people she's mimicked, then any pool points above the Control Cost AP limit are wasted.)

The character Eclipse in Champions Villains vol. 3 is an example of how such a Mimic VPP might be constructed. (Though the math is wrong; if she can only mimic the last person she touched and has no access to abilities/powers/skills from previous people she's mimicked' date=' then any pool points above the Control Cost AP limit are wasted.)[/quote']

Hwo are tehy wasted? She could take additional Limitations or lesser versions of thsoe powers. And of coruse the power could naturally be so Limited that it has a really low cost, so she can mimik two of them at once.

Personalyl I think one should either go for VPP of Multiforms, or re-phrase it so that it does not copies powers but has a "Limited SFX, Only Powers possible to the Last Person Scanned/Touched and not on better level than those of the Person scanned".

Thanks' date=' everybody ... looks like my PC is out of luck. She has a variable power set (rather Ben 10 is, by design, including getting the wrong powers) which makes it hard for her to get training in them. I was thinking a power mimic would be a perfect workout partner. :)[/quote']

Clearly she just needs to make friends with her Kevin Levin then ;)