Porpety-Destructo Lass

Michael Hopcroft

In one of the other supers games I am working on a character concept that I want to apply to Hero too if I can. And I'm not sure how it would work in the CU either in story terms or mechanically.

Basically I have a heroine who is about as strong as She-Hulk, can fly and is invulnerable. Basically a flying brick. The problem is that she is also unbelievably clumsy, both in and out of combat. Anything inorganic in her vicinity is in great danger of being accidentally smashed or otherwise destroyed by mis-application of her powers. Sh0'se such a good scrapper that a hero team might put up with it, and is also fairly smart and quick on the uptake. And she is full of spunk and heroic determination. And she isn't all that dangerous to people. It's just that excessive property damage is a way of life.

I envision it more as a running gag for the character than a issue that causes her enormous problems.

Storywise, what happens to a setting when there's a character like that? And mechanically how does a Champions character writeup convey this effect?

Re: Porpety-Destructo Lass

Perhaps a skill roll and a low-level side effect. I'd suggest using Change Environment for the damage rather than an attack power -- it'll do less damage over a larger area.

You might experiment with a variation on the usual -1 per 10pts skill roll penalty: maybe using -1 per 10pts under the maximum Strength would be closer to what you're looking for.

Okay, I'm all out of weird suggestions now.

Re: Porpety-Destructo Lass

In one of the other supers games I am working on a character concept that I want to apply to Hero too if I can. And I'm not sure how it would work in the CU either in story terms or mechanically.

Basically I have a heroine who is about as strong as She-Hulk, can fly and is invulnerable. Basically a flying brick. The problem is that she is also unbelievably clumsy, both in and out of combat. Anything inorganic in her vicinity is in great danger of being accidentally smashed or otherwise destroyed by mis-application of her powers. Sh0'se such a good scrapper that a hero team might put up with it, and is also fairly smart and quick on the uptake. And she is full of spunk and heroic determination. And she isn't all that dangerous to people. It's just that excessive property damage is a way of life.

I envision it more as a running gag for the character than a issue that causes her enormous problems.

Storywise, what happens to a setting when there's a character like that? And mechanically how does a Champions character writeup convey this effect?

Sounds like Unluck and some sfx to me....