Support HERO Indirectly...

Ndreare

Re: Support HERO Indirectly...

I love the fact that the Elf is the high STR, high DEF, HtH damage monster instead of the archer. It’s always nice to shake things up. I also like that you included a Psionic character instead of a Mage. It breaks the standard party line-up and avoids delving into the magic system of the world, yet is easily converted into a magic user if that is more fitting for an existing campaign. Giving the Archer a magic bow was a nice touch as well. I like that the Veteran is not only well rounded, but also has the highest Interaction Skills making him the default “face man” of the group, even if he isn’t the leader, per se. Overall, aside from the things I mentioned above I think the characters are great.

As to the adventure itself it has the perfect amount of detail IMO. It could work great as a Con game or introduction to Hero session. It is also open enough that it could be tweaked to fit into an existing campaign. I could see it easily being expanded into a two session (or more) adventure for those groups that focus more on mystery and problem solving than on combat.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback. I updated them, I fixed the archer to 1d+1 was meant to be a a medium bow. I also removed the dcv penty. I did not raise the damage to much because the martialarts give more already combined with a combat skill levels should play out well. The sword on the archer was a mistake I meant to give them all the the same sword. But I like the idea of upgrading the elfs sword. I bumped the veterain down a little, but I do want him to be a veteran and master.

For the psi I think someone else already told me about the vpp but I updated it. I did add the his cv but his skill levels should be able to fend for himself. His multipower ironicly cost as muc as a vpp.

Unfortunately' date=' there is to my knowledge no HD export format matching this layout (just to be sure there is no misunderstanding, this is a sheet created by for some con game if I recall correctly).[/quote']

Yeah, that's one of my character sheets for the Teen Titans Go! game I run at cons. :) I do not have a Herodesigner export format for it -- Concord is correct, I export it as a simple text file and then manually created an InDesign file in that format.

Yeah' date=' that's one of my character sheets for the Teen Titans Go! game I run at cons. :) I do not have a Herodesigner export format for it -- Concord is correct, I export it as a simple text file and then manually created an InDesign file in that format.[/quote']Is that difficult to do? What type of program/software is needed?

Personally, I use a PDF print driver to produce PDF's on demand. I've used many different ones, but am currently using Bullzip PDF as it is free.

But if you want to make a pdf and send it to me, sure. Its all collaborative, submissions of quality content have always been accepted. ;)

That is strange; myself and others link to it fairly often. Good news; you've got a lot of reading to look forward to ;)

Hopefully you find it interesting. I haven't been updating killershrike.com much the last couple of years; most of my work has gone into the wiki version at http://www.killershrike.info ... the format isn't as good and it's more limited overall, but I can focus on content and not dink around with infrastructure. The wiki markup is also faster to type than full on html. Also, originally, there were collaborators but they've all seem to have wandered off.

In particular on the wiki the Realm of Barbarica and Realm of Esoterica have some good stuff in them.