Can you post character builds on these forums?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Can you post character builds on these forums?

And the one I based it on' date=' which is for 6th Ed by Derek:[ATTACH']42559[/ATTACH]

This one was done by yours truly rather than Derek...

And I was beginning to like you Vimes... ;)

What! no argument!!

What are these forums coming to?

:D

After Dan did away with the "Two men enter. One man leaves" rule, it took all the fun out of it. I mean, I hardly ever scream "THUNDERDOME" when I sit down at the keyboard anymore. :D

Those look like they'd be good' date=' and I really wish I did have Hero Designer. I'm dirt poor, though, and don't have even $25 for it, I'm afraid. I had to trade to get HERO. I did this up in an Open Office document and just copied and pasted. [/quote']

Yay Open Office! I'd reputize you, but I've already reputized you recently.

That's why I asked initially, 'cause I plan on statting up lots of characters from various video games, mostly, with a few movie and book adaptations here and there.

I don't know what the actual rule is and I can't speak for Hero Games of course, but I know people post characters from existing fiction all the time - Cassandra and Enforcer come to mind for having done comic characters, Susano has done literary characters, etc. - and as far as I know they don't get in trouble for it.

Heck, I've posted a version of Peter Parker's Aunt May.

Lucius Alexander

I post a lot of palindromedary taglines but that's irrelevant.

Those look like they'd be good' date=' and I really wish I did have Hero Designer. I'm dirt poor, though, and don't have even $25 for it, I'm afraid. I had to trade to get HERO. I did this up in an Open Office document and just copied and pasted.[/quote']

There is a little bit of help avalible:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/84618-Fillable-Character-Sheet?p=2178290#post2178290

You need some freeware Programm to edit and save changes (Adobe expects you to pay for that privelege). I know that FoxitReader and PDF-XChange Viewer work with it.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/84618-Fillable-Character-Sheet?p=2178290#post2178290

You need some freeware Programm to edit and save changes (Adobe expects you to pay for that privelege). I know that FoxitReader and PDF-XChange Viewer work with it.

I haven't tried it myself, but there's also the recently released PDF Architect which is free. I haven't used it myself, but it's made by pdfforge who also created the free PDFCreator.

What I always recommend is DoPDF. It creates a phantom printer on your PC and when you print to it, it creates a pdf file.

Just this moment, I saw this thread directly underneath the one that says "Starting versions of Reed Richards and the rest of the Fantastic Four"

Lucius Alexander

Are palindromedaries allowed in here?.................that's a palindromedary standing right behind me isn't it?

There are basically 3 good options for posting characters built using HeroDesigner (which it looks like you already have).

1. Use the default built in PDF export feature and attach to a post.

There's a default built in PDF export feature?

Lucius Alexander

Has a default built in palindromedary creature

There's a default built in PDF export feature?

Lucius Alexander

Has a default built in palindromedary creature

You don't think that's an accurate description of the "Print to PDF" option that is listed separately from all other Export options?

(It's what I used to create the PDF's in the Reed Richards thread you noticed). :D

You don't think that's an accurate description of the "Print to PDF" option that is listed separately from all other Export options?

(It's what I used to create the PDF's in the Reed Richards thread you noticed). :D

Listed where?

Lucius Alexander

Did the palindromedary eat it?

Current Character--Print to PDF...

I don't see it. I do see "add extension template" and wonder what that does....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary frets about the consquences of calling Lucius Alexander's attention to buttons he hasn't pushed yet

I don't see it. I do see "add extension template" and wonder what that does....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary frets about the consquences of calling Lucius Alexander's attention to buttons he hasn't pushed yet

You need a newer version then. I don't remember exactly when it was added as a feature. The current build is 20120316