What third party Hero products would you like to see?

thewomble

Re: What third party Hero products would you like to see?

Fantasy Hero adventures that can be dropped into any setting. For instance a city adventure involving kidnappings for some nasty purpose. And maybe write up the villains a couple of different ways so they could fit in a classic "high fantasy world" (lots of magic and races) and a sword & sorcery world (limited magic and 95% of the races are human or human like). Exact same villains for personalities and motivations just different kinds of powers/abilities/etc.

Get permission to create adventures for a specific setting that is already published by Hero.

How about an epic campaign in an existing setting. Basically come up with a big story, break it into 'books' and 'chapters'. Provide the villains (see above on capabilities) and major plot devices for each chapter (location, general goal, hooks into the story, how this story 'links' to the next story). But leave space for the individual GM to fill in the gaps.

Hear is a list of what I would like to see in a third party product.

1) Gendra Books which are on the low end of the priority list if Hero would do it themselves. For example, Western Hero, Mecha Hero, Melodrama Hero (, Or "The Guy Who Saves Pore Little Nellie" [oldfashion melodramas are famous for haveing more than one name, hench the second title on Melodrama Hero]), Cartoon Hero, ect, ect.

2) Sourcebooks are always good, especaly if the source is in the public domain.

3) More villian books are always welcomed. And while the Champions Universe and the Dark Champions Universe are off limits, that dosen't mean you can't do supers.

4) Interesting adventures are also welcomed.

That is more than enougth.

Campaign settings are #1 on the list as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a big adventure/module guy. I very rarely like the ones I see. There have only been a few throughout my years of roleplaying that I have actually liked enough to run them. (my favorite being Mission Blood for Shadowrun)

I'd like to see a volume of maps. Generic maps for as many sites as possible, for all genres: fantasy castles, temples/abbeys, caves, wizard's keeps; sci-fi starships and space stations; modern-day military bases, office buildings, warehouses/docks, ocean vessels; super-hero and -villain bases; if possible, city maps suitable for each genre. And anything else one could think of.

There is some development under way on a large Campaign/Adventure set in the Turakian Age setting (but easily portable to any other fantasy setting/world) it will have maps, bad guys, treasure, and a cool story.

Mesozoic Monsters

Not just a bestiary of creatures from all across the Mesozoic timeframe, but an actual setting, like a time-transplanted colony. I have considered doing one myself, but I doubt I could license HERO for it. Perhaps a particle-collider or something like that opens up a rift into the past, and people are sent back to investigate. I'm not sure yet; the science doesn't have to be realistic. :P

Mostly, the excuse is to get a big city/outpost back in a Cretaceous world, with all kinds of cool stuff to do in addition to survival.

I'd like to see a volume of maps. Generic maps for as many sites as possible' date=' for all genres: fantasy castles, temples/abbeys, caves, wizard's keeps; sci-fi starships and space stations; modern-day military bases, office buildings, warehouses/docks, ocean vessels; super-hero and -villain bases; if possible, city maps suitable for each genre. And anything else one could think of.[/quote']

Related to this; battle map tiles (like you can get for D&D), but with hexes instead of grids.