Give me a head with Hair!

Logan D. Hurricanes

... Long beautiful hair

Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there, hair, shoulder length or longer

Here baby, there, momma, everywhere, daddy, daddy

With the recent outpouring of support for a character based upon prehensile hair in another thread, I thought I'd start an ideas thread. I created a prehensile hair character years ago, but I bet there are a lot of good ideas that I missed.

The one idea that I loved (though nobody else seemed to care about) was using the hair as lockpicks. It could really manipulate any mechanical device easily with very fine precision.

So, what you got?

Re: Give me a head with Hair!

Well, the basic power is Extra Limbs: Hair.

Let me thought prosses this...

Strangle Hold: Blast, AVLD (NND, No Need To Breath, Deadly (+0 Advantage, to repersent the fact that it can kill your oponent once all STUN is gone)), No Range (range for this power is covered by streching).

Self-Hair Stylest: Shape Shift, Hair Only (-1/4 Limitation?), or Prehaps Cosmetic Transformation (one hair style to another), No Range, Self Only

Im Not Going Anywhere: Knockback Resistance, Must Be Awair Of Attack (-? Limitation), Must Have Sturdy Objects Nearby To Hold On To (-? Limitation)

Im Climbing Up To See You: Clinging and Skill: Climbing

A Basic Hair Manipulator Power, You Can't Call Yourself One Without It: Streching

This Is Murder On My Hair, But A Girl (Or Guy) Has Got To Swing: Swinging

Sausage Curls Make For An Intresting Springs, Don't Ya Think: Leaping, Extra Time (Full Phase)

Braids Are For Tieing: Entangle, No Range, Backlash (ouch!)

The one idea that I loved (though nobody else seemed to care about) was using the hair as lockpicks. It could really manipulate any mechanical device easily with very fine precision.

So, what you got?

Funny you should mention that. In many of my campaigns, the sexy thief with the heart of gold (or is she just playing you) supervillainess has prehensile hair as part of her motif. Cat themes have been done to death so... :)

One alternative for the extra Limbs:

Many Strands Extra Limb: Multiple extra Limbs, limited Manipulation.

Instead of just letting all your hair act as one big limb, create multiple tentacle like limbs (cue. "I read to many hentai" jokes here), that can grow, act and entangle independently.

Maybe go up to eleven and let your hair be a seperate creature (computer, duplicate or even summon), that has to stay on your head to work.

Well, the basic power is Extra Limbs: Hair.

Let me thought prosses this...

Strangle Hold: Blast, AVLD (NND, No Need To Breath, Deadly (+0 Advantage, to repersent the fact that it can kill your oponent once all STUN is gone)), No Range (range for this power is covered by streching).

Are you thinking of wrapping around the neck, or forcing hair down their throat?

Self-Hair Stylest: Shape Shift, Hair Only (-1/4 Limitation?), or Prehaps Cosmetic Transformation (one hair style to another), No Range, Self Only

We were trying to introduce Champions to new people in class back in high school. This was essentially one guys power. He could grow and shape his hair. No other abilities. His hair always looked great, though.

Another fun but questionable ability is gliding, like a spider on a really long strand of web. Great visual, in my mind.

This was essentially one guys power. He could grow and shape his hair. No other abilities. His hair always looked great' date=' though.[/quote']

My character Millennium was built, several editions ago, with Instant Change, always on. At the beginning of his phase his uniform was cleaned, repaired, and his hair styled. No matter how badly he was getting his butt kicked, he always looked marvelous!

Should the hair survive a (fire) damage Shield? If not' date=' Stretching and Extra Limb has better cost effectiveness.[/quote']

Don't recall that it ever came up. I'm going by Medusa, from Marvel comics, and IIRC she can lift much heavier weights with her hair than with her arms, with no visible distress. Humm, if she can use her hair to lift and move up to 1.6 tons, IIRC that's about 30 STR with her hair. As an Inhuman, her STR would be in the 18 to 23 range? Probably toward the lower end? So in addition to the extra limbs, we also have extra STR with the extra limbs.

Are you thinking of wrapping around the neck' date=' or forcing hair down their throat?[/quote']

Eather way could work, othoe you would proably need to rework the power to repersent one or the other. Or, you could just buy a martial art, call it 'Hair Fu', and make shure you buy lots of grab manuvers, including choak hold.

Another fun but questionable ability is gliding, like a spider on a really long strand of web. Great visual, in my mind.

Well, gliding as a seperate power, no longer exists. Gliding is now fully part of the flight power. Forcently there is the limitation Gliding Only...

... Long beautiful hair

Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there, hair, shoulder length or longer

Here baby, there, momma, everywhere, daddy, daddy

With the recent outpouring of support for a character based upon prehensile hair in another thread, I thought I'd start an ideas thread. I created a prehensile hair character years ago, but I bet there are a lot of good ideas that I missed.

So, what you got?

What thread is that please? I like prehensile hair characters. My own was a build pretty much like a standard brick, using stretching, extra limbs, and clinging fueled by a high strength only with extra limbs. I think I used swinging as his (his name was Narcissus, a thrill-seeking male model) movement power and barrier for a defense to simulate that it was the hair that was super durable and blocking attacks.

When the character was later re-imagined as a villain, I promptly traded all points spent on his hair for Duplication. His locks of hair were built as separate characters using the rules for how hydras are built using duplication. My players couldn't figure out how they were being beaten so soundly by one person until I started using tactics like having one lock of hair block while another attacks, grab and strike combos, and finally a coordinated attack.

Another fun but questionable ability is gliding' date=' like a spider on a really long strand of web. Great visual, in my mind.[/quote']

Why not just spread the hair out in a fan shape? After all, what's a feather but a bunch of interlocked strands attached to a solid shaft?

Defensively, you can have Missile Deflection as your hair snatches incoming projectiles out of the air. Or Damage Reduction if it forms a soft, yielding mass to absorb impacts.

Here's something more off-the-wall: DEX Drain defined as tickling your opponent. ;)

What thread is that please? I like prehensile hair characters. My own was a build pretty much like a standard brick, using stretching, extra limbs, and clinging fueled by a high strength only with extra limbs. I think I used swinging as his (his name was Narcissus, a thrill-seeking male model) movement power and barrier for a defense to simulate that it was the hair that was super durable and blocking attacks.

When the character was later re-imagined as a villain, I promptly traded all points spent on his hair for Duplication. His locks of hair were built as separate characters using the rules for how hydras are built using duplication. My players couldn't figure out how they were being beaten so soundly by one person until I started using tactics like having one lock of hair block while another attacks, grab and strike combos, and finally a coordinated attack.

The thread that got me thinking about it again is here [Link].

Why not just spread the hair out in a fan shape? After all' date=' what's a feather but a bunch of interlocked strands attached to a solid shaft?[/quote']

That's basically something I was thinking. Combine that with some swinging and you'd have some really spectacular looking movement.

Here's something more off-the-wall: DEX Drain defined as tickling your opponent. ;)

Now that's what I'm talking about :D AVLD: Not ticklish. Makes me think of a great hair explosion in a room (or bank?) that's just Change Environment (Does that still exist?) as a dex/movement drain. "There's hair everywhere!"

360 Spatial Awareness based on the hair being extremely tactility sensitive and picking air currents disturbances caused by objects and motion.3

Similar to the lock picking idea earlier:a Dispel or Killing Attack against Foci. The character's fine hairs can wiggled and snake into complicated objects and wreck them from the inside. This could also be the basis for a Penetrating Attack of some kind as the character can find the holes and gaps in armor and their extremely tough, strong hair might cut into flesh and some materials.

360 Spatial Awareness based on the hair being extremely tactility sensitive and picking air currents disturbances caused by objects and motion.3Similar to the lock picking idea earlier:a Dispel or Killing Attack against Foci. The character's fine hairs can wiggled and snake into complicated objects and wreck them from the inside. This could also be the basis for a Penetrating Attack of some kind as the character can find the holes and gaps in armor and their extremely tough' date=' strong hair might cut into flesh and some materials.[/quote']That idea makes me queezy. Have you ever had a hair "splinter" get under your skin? It can be worse than metal shavings...

Don't recall that it ever came up. I'm going by Medusa' date=' from Marvel comics, and IIRC she can lift much heavier weights with her hair than with her arms, with no visible distress.[/quote']

Telekinesis has one major Advantage over your normal Strenght + Stretching - you can handle objects with Damage Shields without hurting yourself.

So, if you don't want that, it's jsut cheaper to go the Stretching + Extra Strenght route.

Telekinesis has one major Advantage over your normal Strenght + Stretching - you can handle objects with Damage Shields without hurting yourself.

So, if you don't want that, it's jsut cheaper to go the Stretching + Extra Strenght route.

TK with a feedback limitation?

Rather than Feedback I'd go with a Physical Manifestation. Having the hair cut' date=' burned, etc. by a Damage Shield wouldn't [i']hurt[/i], but it could impair the power itself.

Hmm, that's not a bad idea, especially if, like real hair, you can't feel things.

Cockatrice has weak prehensile hair, but she uses it for this very purpose in "The Cockatrice: Carpe Demon" by yours truly. Coming to an e-reader near you sometime this summer.

Hmm' date=' that's not a bad idea, especially if, like real hair, you can't feel things.[/quote']

When I went the Duplication route, I bought the locks of hair with a slow regeneration/ resurrection. The character could be defeated and kept on ice by cutting his hair off but if left alone long enough it would grow back.