Malachite

ayinde

IIRC there was a Sailor Moon villain named Malechite. Like many villains in that series he fell victim to infighting among his allies, one of whom murdered him in cold blood just as he was about to gain an advantage over the Senshi.

Villians in Sailor Moon had a high mortality rate even though they never died at the hands of the Senshi. Their own allies and leaders represented much greater danger. And actually finding out the secret identities of the Sailor Senshi was usually just about the last thing a villain did before getting whacked.

Sailor Moon S, the third storyarc, featured a group of young villains called Witches Five. The team name kept changing as the members offed each other one by one. They were all dead by the time it was all over -- and the Senshi hardly laid a glove on them.

Malachite was the genetically "pure" creation of a nazi scientist, who used the genetic material of awesome nazi specimens and her own uterus. He was raised to be the perfect man to bring a new Reich to the world. Only he thought the nazis were baffoons, killed his mother and set about making the world his own. As QM said he was the progenitor to Telios and I believe was found in the Villainy Unbound supplement and then revised and expanded upon in the Champions Universe (4th Edition) supplement.

He had a mad on for bricks as he generalized them all as slow-witted strong men.

His powers were high stats, a minor VPP for genetic modification (nothing that would mar his perfect looks, however) and a "Devolution Gun" basically a Transformation attack that turned his opponents into monsters.

In campaign function Malachite is very similar to Teleios in the current official CU: a sociopathic genetic manipulator who creates monsters, superhumans, and whatever else strikes his fancy. Like Teleios he views the whole planet as a potential laboratory for his experiments, but isn't really interested in world conquest. As Enforcer84 points out above, aside from a broader suite of personal powers, one of Malachite's main differences from Teleios is that he was born "perfect."

Malachite also operates more openly than Teleios. Early in his career he conquered a group of islands in the Atlantic (which were never specified, but their location sounds like the Azores), renaming them the Malachite Islands and declaring himself their king. He also used an earthquake-generator to raise even more land for his kingdom from the ocean floor. The world's militaries and superheroes assembled to attack him, but Malachite announced he possessed large amounts of lethal genetically-modified diseases ready to be spread into the atmosphere if anyone invaded his domain.

Malachite looks very similar to how Teleios is described, i.e. incredibly handsome Aryan ideal, but has more of a sense of style than Teleios. Malachite normally appears in public in formal wear, sporting a black bow tie and white dinner jacket, with a flowing white cape. If he expects a fight he'll strap on a backpack of mutagens feeding his Devolution Gun.

BTW Malachite was created by Scott Bennie. E84 is correct in what published books he appeared in first and subsequently.

If we're able to include PDF's, here is the writeup I did of the Malachite Islands. Keep in mind this was written over 10 years ago, so it's not the best work I've ever done. But perhaps it might be of use to somebody.

And if we can't post PDFs yet, well, then ignore this post. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n44558[/ATTACH]

Has anyone else blended elements of Malachite and Teleios for their games? The two characters are so similar in concept, it's very easy to use material related to one to flesh out the other.

BTW for anyone familiar with Blackwyrm Games's character/world book for 5E HERO, The Algernon Files, there are elements of the criminal genius Dr. Prometheus that could also work for Teleios or Malachite. In my games I adapted Dr. Prometheus's artificial superhuman "sons," the Prometheans, as creations and followers of Teleios.

If I recall correctly, in the current CU, the name Malachite is now being used by an alien gladiator who fights in a Malvan arena. However, as he's never been to Earth that I know of, the name could still be utilized if the character shares the same universe without much trouble