How Much Growth To Be A Hevenly Body Anyways?

steriaca

How much growth does one need to go to the size of...

...A City Destroying Asteroid?

...Mercery?

...The Moon (Luna)?

...The Earth?

...Jupiter?

...The Sun (Sol)?

(Of course, it would make sence that the guy would also have Full Life Suport and FTL Travel.)

This is just an excersise, not for an acualy charater. Othoe it is tempting to create 'Size Of A Planet Man'.

APG II 61 has a "Expanded Target Size Table" it lists earth as a +46.

APG II 7 also lists expanded weights. Keep one thing in mind: Because the earth is made of Stone, it has a higher base weight (it has some DI in addtion to Growth)

If you want toughness of the earth:

There isn't one value for it. There are three different ways to calculate how tough a planet is.

In the first edition of DC Heroes, I was sure Superman or some other Kryptonian could destroy an Earth-style planet without breaking a sweat simply by punching through the crust and opening a good-sized hole that went down all the way to the mantle. There seemed to be no way the planet could survive something like that and still support life.

But then I remembered comics where the silver-age Superman would tunnel all the way through the planet, say from Metropolis to Hong Kong. I don't know how that would have not become a global catastrophe with two man-sized tunnels starting at the surface and bored straight through to the mantle.

What would actually happen if a PC of the right power level tried either of those stunts?

In the first edition of DC Heroes, I was sure Superman or some other Kryptonian could destroy an Earth-style planet without breaking a sweat simply by punching through the crust and opening a good-sized hole that went down all the way to the mantle. There seemed to be no way the planet could survive something like that and still support life.

But then I remembered comics where the silver-age Superman would tunnel all the way through the planet, say from Metropolis to Hong Kong. I don't know how that would have not become a global catastrophe with two man-sized tunnels starting at the surface and bored straight through to the mantle.

What would actually happen if a PC of the right power level tried either of those stunts?

Whatever the GM decided to have happen based on the tone of the game?

How would Megascale work with Growth anyways?

Same as with anything else - one meter becomes one kilometer, ten km, etc.

But since MASS doesn't megascale, the character's density rapidly drops to that of vapor, or less.

In other words, you become a

GAS GIANT

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is experiencing deja vu

How would Megascale work with Growth anyways?

Same as with anything else - one meter becomes one kilometer, ten km, etc.

But since MASS doesn't megascale, the character's density rapidly drops to that of vapor, or less.

In other words, you become a

GAS GIANT

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is experiencing deja vu

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Build. Growth+Desolid build. Not enough time and No Hero Designer ;)

The general rule is, that logical consequence from a superpower should not arise unless it is a special plot point/limitation/complication. And accidently blowing up the planet would be one hell of a Complication.

Tunneling explicitly includes moving an Air-Bubble along.

People who fly or run superfast are not wounded by running into airborn dust or moskitos as the move at mach 20.

No pedestrian was ever run over by the batmobile during a highspeed race

Is is considered an exception that someone breakes his neck when being caught with Spiderman Web.

Tunneling through the earth does not mean the planet explodes. Just look a the Video for the Super Special Move of Doomsday in "Injustice: Gods among us". He punches his foe right through the earth's core (comming out at an ocean somewhere on the other side of the world), then punches him back through again.

Can't provide direct link, because the Forum is buggy regarding Youtube links and being logged in right now.

I've already DONE the character with Megascale Growth and Desolid. And Megascale Stretching on top of that. She was somewhere around the size of Neptune. The thread is still in the Champions forum no doubt if you want to hunt for it. I think the name was Captain Nebula or something.

Lucius Alexander

Megascale Palindromedary

I've already DONE the character with Megascale Growth and Desolid. And Megascale Stretching on top of that. She was somewhere around the size of Neptune. The thread is still in the Champions forum no doubt if you want to hunt for it. I think the name was Captain Nebula or something.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/forum/genres/champions/74008-captain-nebula?p=2586293#post2586293

Physical Disadvantage/Complication: The size of a Stellar object perhaps with other Disads/Complication that would accompany that state?

I'm still not sure why you couldn't get tons of Growth (barring point limits, of course).

No one in this thread said you couldn't. It's just a matter of doin the math. Is that what you are looking for, someone else to do the math?

Physical Disadvantage/Complication: The size of a Stellar object perhaps with other Disads/Complication that would accompany that state?

I'm still not sure why you couldn't get tons of Growth (barring point limits, of course).

You could get tons of growth, but what would be the point of it?

The scales you are talking about here are either way outside the scales of a normal game.

Or they are the default scales (everyone plays a living planet/stellar phenomenon) and players add growth/density increase/shrinking to deviate from that new default. A Size Target modifier +46 being hits another size target modifer +46 being like a normal sized human hits a normal sized human. It would be best if the defenses also behave the normal hero way. Giving everyone persistent growth to planet scale will not result in useable simulation of "Planets at war".

And regardless how much you grow, it will also not be not a suiteable interpretation of becomming "as tough as a planet". There are at least 2 variations of that formula in the APG II (I think).

One is to start at stone levels of Body/defenses and add growth, but that one makes planets way to fragile (you could kill a planet just with a repeated penetrating attack. Or a KA).

The other treats the planet as a (really) big chunk of "1 cubik meter Blocks". You hit one block and any 1 BODY of overflowing body (past body+Defense of hte original target) destroys another 1 cubik meter block.

So I got to use a old programmers trick: Go three steps back and tell us what problem you try to solve by "growing" to Planet size?

You could get tons of growth, but what would be the point of it?

The scales you are talking about here are either way outside the scales of a normal game.

Or they are the default scales (everyone plays a living planet/stellar phenomenon) and players add growth/density increase/shrinking to deviate from that new default. A Size Target modifier +46 being hits another size target modifer +46 being like a normal sized human hits a normal sized human. It would be best if the defenses also behave the normal hero way. Giving everyone persistent growth to planet scale will not result in useable simulation of "Planets at war".

And regardless how much you grow, it will also not be not a suiteable interpretation of becomming "as tough as a planet". There are at least 2 variations of that formula in the APG II (I think).

One is to start at stone levels of Body/defenses and add growth, but that one makes planets way to fragile (you could kill a planet just with a repeated penetrating attack. Or a KA).

The other treats the planet as a (really) big chunk of "1 cubik meter Blocks". You hit one block and any 1 BODY of overflowing body (past body+Defense of hte original target) destroys another 1 cubik meter block.

So I got to use a old programmers trick: Go three steps back and tell us what problem you try to solve by "growing" to Planet size?

The OP clearly states it is just a exercise not for an actual character.