Who Would Win?

Cassandra

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the original subject....I'd say generally Superman has more tactical options, but if you take the "madder I get the stronger I get" gimmick of the Hulk to its Nth degree he could conceivably be unstoppable. As usual...most comic characters are written so broad these days that a decent writer could write a scenario with either winning in plausible fashion. That said...writing such a scenario is probably easier for Superman.

I have been reading a good fanfic about Ranma joining the Young Justice group (from the TV show).

So, the questions are:

Ranma vs. Plastic Man

Ranma vs. Captain Marvel ( the Billie Bastion one)

Ranma vs. Hawkman

and, finally Ranma vs. Batman.

And I thought of some versus villians just now.

Ranma vs. Catwoman

Ranma vs. Deadshot

Ranma vs. Deathstroke

and finally Ranma vs. The Joker.

Why do people continually bring up the idea that Batman will cheat?

Do you really think the Red Skull isn't cheating?

Cap faces opponents who cheat on a regular basis and still wins. Batman cheating, meh, who cares. Cap still wins.

The difference is that Red Skull is usually unwilling to put everything on the line in a fight with Cap.  Like most villains in personal combat he fights conservatively.  He doesn't risk losing (always has a contingency escape plan, etc...).  Cap and Batman are risking everything every time they get in a fight.  Especially Cap whenever he throws his shield.  When he has it in hand he knows he can basically stand up to an attack from Anyone!  Batman goes one better.  He is such a master of bluffing an opponent that for all intents and purposes he actually isn't bluffing. Examples:  facing off against Kalibak after he just clobbered Wonder Woman.  Tackling Darkseid and escaping from his eye beams (both in JLAnimated).  Because Cap has the luxury of his shield he fights with a code of honor similar if not exactly the same as Superman's.  Batman doesn't do that.  He can get surprised by an unknown opponent but it's usually a one-time-only thing (the blonde Amazon in JLAnimated is an example of this, he gets clocked by her after he takes out Shade, Grundy, a ninja and a violet lantern (i can't think of her name). Batman is the poker player who always goes All-In like a boss.

• 3 weeks later...

allow me some bubbamancy with an appropriate Halloween matchup

zatanna vs the scarlet witch

Zatanna can fly, so she can take the high ground.  Both have vulnerabilities (Incantations for Z, gestures for SC), so it's possible for either one of be shut down by a lucky spell.

I'd give it to Z, because she has the better costume.