How would you build - Drunken Touch

commonsensei

I want to just have it apply negative skill levels, which can only really be accomplished by a Drain.  Drain to DEX, INT, and PRE?

In 6e the way to accomplish it would be with Change Environment. Hitting 3 stats and Perception is going to be expensive, even if we ignore alcohol's effect on reflexes (Drain DEX). Of course, a power that has broad effects should be expensive.

Interestingly, 6E2 only gives to penalties for inebriation. -2 OCV, -2 DCV.

I think in 5E it may have affected DEX and thus screwed up your CV as well (not sure about that though).  I am surprised there is no DEX penalty though...

Drunk has a -2 OCV and -2 DC. So drain OCV and STR (only for dc -1/4) return rate one day perhaps?

DCV, not DC, so no need to Drain STR.

What's really weird is that the Adjustment Power rules consider DCV to be a Defensive Power. 

This means that the effects of Adjustment Powers vs. it are halved (6e1 page 141).  So building this ability to match the effects of alcohol would require a Compound Power. Example:  1d6 Drain vs. OCV & 2d6 Drain vs. DCV (that is halved to 1d6 because DCV is considered a Defensive Power vs. Adjustment Powers).

What's really weird is that the Adjustment Power rules consider DCV to be a Defensive Power. 

This means that the effects of Adjustment Powers vs. it are halved (6e1 page 141).  So building this ability to match the effects of alcohol would require a Compound Power. Example:  1d6 Drain vs. OCV & 2d6 Drain vs. DCV (that is halved to 1d6 because DCV is considered a Defensive Power vs. Adjustment Powers).

I suppose 3d6+1 Drain vs OCV (Standard Effect 10) and 6 1/2d6 Drain vs DCV (Standard Effect 20, halved) would work, where that's allowed?

Thanks everyone. Great ideas. This was exactly what I was looking for.

I had another couple related question to extend the power. How would you alter another characters ability to walk/fly/run/drive when under this effect? So they can still move their max speed but not necessarily in a straight line? And what if the effect made them either a happy drunk or aggressive drunk? Thoughts?

How about: Think of this as a Drain that is evenly Split between OCV, DCV & DCV (so DCV get's "two doses" to counter the defense Characteristic). Or just divide the roll result by 3 to figure out how much either of the two moves. Easier writeup, same effect.

The foremost problem seems to be that there is no clear rules definition of "drunk". The -2 OCV/DCV is for merely inebrated. It is still a powerfull -20% Chance to hit, but it does not deal with all the other effects of "being drunk" like limited ability to move or act/think.

Other sugested Transform. If the goal is inebrated, a Minor Transform (5 CP per die) will do. -2 OCV/DCV is explicitly on the list of possible game effects for a Minor Transform. Make the whole thing a "NND: Immunity to Alkohol" and you are good to go.

Stronger levels of inebration require stronger transforms, respectively. Major Transform can do -4 OCV/DCV easily.

You should avoid going higher - powers that can one-hit-disable every enemy that lacks a specific resistance are very dangerous thing from a game balance perspective.