Free RPG day Sample Adventure

Tasha

Has anyone given thought to creating a Free RPG day Adventure and PreGen characters for Champions? (or even Fantasy Hero or Star Hero). We have the combat rules down to 2 pages. Keep all attacks to Normal Attacks to be easy and the Power/Spells very conversational in the way they are written.

Something like this could give potential players a way to try out the rules. Heck a Combat arena with a plotline attached to it could be a fun way to introduce people to the system.

What do people think of this?

Tasha,

Didn't you bring this up a few years ago? 

That said, a good self contained HERO one shot would be fantastic. 

But the deadline is really close. 

21 Feb 14 to formally commit. 

2 May 14 for FreeRPG to receive in hand a minimum of 700 copies so they can box'em.

Tasha,

Didn't you bring this up a few years ago? 

That said, a good self contained HERO one shot would be fantastic. 

But the deadline is really close. 

21 Feb 14 to formally commit. 

2 May 14 for FreeRPG to receive in hand a minimum of 700 copies so they can box'em.

It's ok if they get this ready for 2015...

OK, is there a good, free module I can look at as a template / outline for this?

I have never been able to fully run a module and have thus never really bought any or looked at them as more than just fodder for ideas to pull into my own games.

KK,

I have run FRPG day modules and played in them several times.   I have a few of the modules in hand as I type this and they basically come in two types.

First we have the intro demonstration module. 

Page 1 is usually titling and legal stuff.

Part 1 is a quick intro to the rules for the GM.

Part 2 is a short simple complete adventure with 1 or 2 simple maps.  The adventure is usually designed to run in the 2-3 hour length leaving an hour of the standard 4 hour demo slot for introducing the system to the players.

Part 3 has complete character sheets usually including any needed player information sheets to make playing easier.

Second we have the modules that assume the GM will know the rules and only provide the adventure and the pre-gen PC's.  They do have usually have a set of quick-start rules for free.  But you usually have to get those separately.

I have 11 FRPG modules in PDF dating from 2008 to 2013.  They are all free so I can zip them up and shoot them to anyone that wants them.

2 Battletech RPG

2 Cosmic Patrol

3 Hollow Earth

1 Legend of Five Rings

1 Savage Worlds

1 Shadowrun

1 World of Darkness

If anyone wants it let me know.  I will most likely need to send it via Dropbox so I will need an email address.

PM me if interested.

I was noticing some mini-adventures on the Hero Store website. Perhaps one of those could be converted to 6e and gussied up for a FreeRPG day offering. Just putting an idea that may be do able for Hero. Taking advantage of material that already exists to help keep the costs down.

I was noticing some mini-adventures on the Hero Store website. Perhaps one of those could be converted to 6e and gussied up for a FreeRPG day offering.

"Gussied up"

That's a phrase you don't hear so much anymore! Too square for the hip youth of today!

Well sometimes the young whippersnappers borrow a word after they read a book :winkgrin: