Need help statting and naming family: Gadgeteer first

FrankL

I am doing something a little different than I've done before--I'm statting my family. My youngest is a speedster. He told us the other day that he thinks everyone else moves in slow motion. I gave him the nickname Rocket years ago so that will be his handle.

But his older brother would like a neat nickname, too. His nickname is Buddy, but I think he wants something more personal. He's a gadgeteer, no question in my mind. He plays with Legos a large portion of the day, building everything in the books several times and then making something new as his imagination runs wild. For example, he took the Iron Man Malibu Mansion and turned it into a space ship the other day. I was impressed. K'nex are his next favorite, but it's a far second.

What I'm thinking is stat them as if they were in their teens (Teen Champion rules). The first thing I need is a handle for the gadgeteer, then I'll worry about his specific power set. In general, he builds super tech out of legos but can use anything at hand to put together a solution to the problem.

What kind of names work for a gadgeteer who builds his primary tech out of legos? I'd like to avoid anything using teen, kid, etc.

Thanks!

Does he also like to get up to mischief?

Perhaps, given the Scandinavian (Denmark) roots to Lego, you could combine Lego and a certain god of mischief... Legoki Billundson could be a secret identity.  Then something like Blocker or Constructor.

Presumably he would have a set of support agents; [Lego] constructs?

I am assuming that not only is he a gadgeteer, he would logically be a [Lego] Brick - would he not?

You are a cool dad. :D

How about Keystone?

Thanks. Not feeling Keystone, Gizmo, or Daedalus. Daedalus mostly not because I have a character in a story that used to go by that name until his son committed suicide.

The Clobberin' Times herozine had a character named Gadjet Jack.  

Liking it!

hmm Lego and gadgeteering suggest TECHNIC or MINDSTORM

and there is a precedent for super genius gadgeteers called Buddy. SYNDROME in The Incredibles of course he was a villain but he did have very cool toys.

Considering how he sat down with the catalog recently and started drooling over the Technic and Mindstorm pages, these are under consideration. He was quite sad when he saw the ages on them, even more so than when he saw the prices. I told him as good as he already is, he won't have to wait five years but he's still too young right now.

Does he also like to get up to mischief?

Perhaps, given the Scandinavian (Denmark) roots to Lego, you could combine Lego and a certain god of mischief... Legoki Billundson could be a secret identity.  Then something like Blocker or Constructor.

Presumably he would have a set of support agents; [Lego] constructs?

I am assuming that not only is he a gadgeteer, he would logically be a [Lego] Brick - would he not?

Rocket is the mischievious one. I hadn't thought about making the gadgeteer a brick as a secondary power set, but that fits so well. And yes, I'm planning that he will have motorized constructs. His super suit will be colored like Lego sets. (Your avatar is very fitting for this discussion.)

The Lego Fan Club calls its members "Master Builders" -- it doesn't quite roll off the tongue in the middle of a fight, but his friends might just call him "M.B." for short...

Simply "Builder" has a certain appeal.

gimmick

Another with appeal.

I hadn't thought about making the gadgeteer a brick as a secondary power set, but that fits so well. And yes, I'm planning that he will have motorized constructs. His super suit will be colored like Lego sets. (Your avatar is very fitting for this discussion.)

I am glad you like the Brick idea.

I am a BIG fan of Lego, and I have a 4-and-a-half year old boy who is also loving it, not massively surprising really.