Has anyone done a write up on Giant Ants...

Glupii

I have two "giant ants" I made for a Atomic Pulp game.  They are built adapting from existing Hero builds.

Giant Atomic Ant

Giant Atomic Formic Ant

They are actually bought with the 'large' template.  But an ant that is up to 2 times human size is giant to me :shock:

I can send them as HD files or do an export if you are interested.  If you plan on using them for FH you may need to adjust them.  These guys were designed to operate in mass against supers. 

Individually they are deadly for modern/pulp bystanders, dangerous for modern/pulp Heroic and a heavy mook for average supers.     In numbers they become very very deadly.....

An earlier version of this website used to host a nice little dungeon crawl adventure, "The Tomb of Rakoss the Undying" by Bob Pennington, for free downloading, which included an HDC file for giant ants (for Fifth Edition HERO). If you would be interested, you can still download the adventure (in PDF, and including a couple of other HDC creature files and a nice JPG map) from archived webpages from the old site, like this one: https://web.archive.org/web/20041228142150/http://www.herogames.com/FreeStuff/mods.htm

I have two "giant ants" I made for a Atomic Pulp game.  They are built adapting from existing Hero builds.

Giant Atomic Ant

Giant Atomic Formic Ant

They are actually bought with the 'large' template.  But an ant that is up to 2 times human size is giant to me :shock:

I can send them as HD files or do an export if you are interested.  If you plan on using them for FH you may need to adjust them.  These guys were designed to operate in mass against supers. 

Individually they are deadly for modern/pulp bystanders, dangerous for modern/pulp Heroic and a heavy mook for average supers.     In numbers they become very very deadly.....

Could you upload the HD files for these - I would be interested in having a look.

*Researches* The giant ants in Them! were eight feet long. Plenty big enough, I'd say.

Now, all you have to do is explain how they grew that big without suffocating or collapsing under their own weight...

Yep.  Them!

But everything is already explained.  They are Atomic Giant Ants!

*Researches* The giant ants in Them! were eight feet long. Plenty big enough, I'd say.

Now, all you have to do is explain how they grew that big without suffocating or collapsing under their own weight...

I do not understand, are we suppossed to explain things to our players now?

You know, they say the Them! ants were eight feet long, but they look bigger in some of the production stills I've seen. Also, my writeup won't work that well, since they need to have a formic acid poison connected to their bite attack.

In my versions the Giant Atomic Ant basically just bites,

but the Giant Atomic Formic Ant doesn't have mandibles but spits acid.  A fairly nasty acid spray.