What is your superpower?

GhostDancer

D: Would you have really understood?

F: Which part? The endless numbing sameness of it all?

Or never bothering to love someone. Because whole lifetime tick by so fast, they don 't even count anymore?

D: Then why did you come?

F: To see if I could feel again anything.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to disagree with that one. Think how it would feel to know everyone you care about is going to die and you would never be able to join them in the Next Great Adventure. Think about how bored you would get with existence, as once you've tried everything, it becomes trite and monotonous. Ever see a movie you liked so many times you don't want to watch it again? Imagine that for every facet of your live. Nothing would feel novel or new.

And as I know from experience: Boredom leads to f***ery. Which is just my way of saying Idle Hands are the Devil's Tools. If you get bored, you are going to try to find ways to fill the monotony. Eventually you'd start tearing down the world around you (murder, rape, building bombs, etc) simply because it would be something to do.

So no, I would not care to be immortal. It would eventually turn a person into a Sociopath.

Everyone thinks Oh it will be so sad to see them die. Yes they die but maybe its my family but when some one dies we should be happy because they no longer have the pain can can come from life.I will carry on their memory forever. 

Also the bored ?

How could I ever get bored life is endlessly interesting to me also their is a endless universe to see out there. 4

Also no I don't get tried of things I can see a movie I like over and over and over and It just makes me happy to see it. I think we only get bored when we let our minds stop seeing all the amazing things around you that stretch on into infinity 

I can tell you that if I was immortal I would carry on. I would see as much I could till time runs out. I will carry the history of everything I could see forever so it would never be forgotten or lost. 

Everyone thinks Oh it will be so sad to see them die. Yes they die but maybe its my family but when some one dies we should be happy because they no longer have the pain can can come from life.I will carry on their memory forever. 

Also the bored ?

How could I ever get bored life is endlessly interesting to me also their is a endless universe to see out there. 4

Also no I don't get tried of things I can see a movie I like over and over and over and It just makes me happy to see it. I think we only get bored when we let our minds stop seeing all the amazing things around you that stretch on into infinity 

I can tell you that if I was immortal I would carry on. I would see as much I could till time runs out. I will carry the history of everything I could see forever so it would never be forgotten or lost. 

I'm sorry but the idea of someone being immortal scares the hell out of me. I would watch said person and the second they started getting flaky (exhibiting sociopathic tendencies) I'd have them encased in concrete and dropped in the Marianas Trench.

No offense. It's not that I don't trust you specifically. Just I wouldn't trust anyone with that ability.