Legion of Spectrums, Assemble!

Theron

Re: Legion of Spectrums, Assemble!

Originally posted by Theron

Since I began posting here somewhat regularly, I've seen three mentions of people with characters named Spectrum: myself, Spectrum, and Lemming. Anyone else?

We could have a clubhouse and a crime computer and stuff.

I'll have to cross post this to Images, but here's mine. Her name was going to be Justice, but her team was already called the Justice Squad. Based on all the colors that her special effects produced, Spectrum seemed a viable name.

She's a telekenetic with some mental powers.

My favorite power of hers that's pretty useless, but fun:

"Change Env 1km radius, -4 Int & Skills Roll, Selective, Fully Invisible, No Consious Control"

Basically if she starts getting annoyed, people in the area start getting migraines...

attachment.php?s=&postid=168607

Image by Sam Bell. Costume based on Justy...

My third character in Champions was named Spectrum (#2 was Starlord, this was probably back in the late 80s). He was a teen hero.

Here's another Spectrum with his own stories:

http://www.hhproductions.footsiesbiz.com/titles/spectrum/specidx2.htm

There was also a pretty nifty villain group name SPECTRUM in an old Champions Presents supplement.

wow...it's a small paralel universe

I have a Spectra, too.

She was originally going to be named Chroma (or Kroma) but currently she's more light than color based so I dumped the color thing and went with the light thing.

She's the novice PC in my team Worldwatch and, predictably, she manipulates light (right now) but she's young and has the untapped potential to manipulate the entire EM spectrum at which point she'll evolve into her Desert Bloom persona (for those who may not have heard the term, desert bloom is a euphemism for a mushroom cloud).

Right now, she's got:

an instant change, OIHID thing happening

low to mediocre charcteristics (her best stat overall is END so what does that say?)

good to peppy invisibility

some pretty good images

limited energy absorption bought as ablative armor to show that she can't actually do anything with the absorbed power yet

some luck and teamwork type skills

some light oriented enhanced senses

a really cool AE flash vs the radio group to foreshadow the shape of things to come (EMP anyone?)

a pretty big (13d6) sight group and IR/UV flash

a honking big, pushed to the max and pissed off 20d6+ Nova Flash AE with a big extended area that really takes it out of her.

but the coolest thing about her (and this is the charceter I've been using as an example in a cool discussion with Kristopher about his character, Crimson) is that unbeknownst to even her she has a chip implanted in her brain which grants her a permanent Invisibility vs Detect Mutant. So she's a mutant (who doesn't know she's a mutant) who's father (Templar) just happens to be a freaky, sword wielding, bloodletting, major anti-mutant bigot. Oh yeah, and Worldwatch are in a state of escalating hostility with Templar's group, The Humane Society. And the chip is fragile and she's taken a few head shots. You get the picture.

all for a meager 370 points with tres cool disads.

So, can she join the club?

Vigil

Originally posted by Starlord

My third character in Champions was named Spectrum (#2 was Starlord, this was probably back in the late 80s). He was a teen hero.

Here's another Spectrum with his own stories:

http://www.hhproductions.footsiesbiz.com/titles/spectrum/specidx2.htm

There was also a pretty nifty villain group name SPECTRUM in an old Champions Presents supplement.

Hey Starlord, this your site? Its awesome.

Originally posted by Starlord

Those guys were the best! They were fairly powerful and could stand up against some experienced heroes and most of them had fairly cools schticks or backgrounds. It was also really easy to replace villians lost or jailed and still stick with the theme.

I remember that the leader had this whole thing in his origin about hunting down everyone who had benefitted from the tech Viper had stolen from him & had killed a hero named Lightspeed. I created an NPC hero called Lightspeed to help the PCs. A year later when Spectrum offed him the players went after him something fierce!