End Of Year Blowout Sale!!!

Ben Seeman

Hero Games must make room for our cool 2004 books. Now through Christmas, take 20% off retail price on the following products in our store:

Conquerors, Killers and Crooks

Bestiary

Ninja Hero

The Ultimate Vehicle

Millennium City

Terran Empire

Spacer’s Toolkit

Champions Battlegrounds

All of our PDFs are also 20% off, such as Shades of Black and The Hero System Resource Kit, as well as classic items like Ultimate Supermage.

Stop by our online store and complete your collection or finish your Christmas shopping TODAY!!!

https://secure.compnetco.com/herogames/browse.jsp

Curse you DoJ, Curse you!

My gaming group is now a collective victim of this insidious ruse. Unable to resist the lure of a 96 page adventure PDF at roughly 10 bucks, Shades of Black lays now in our grubby paws (well, mine, I'll be GMing). I had kept telling myself that I was going to get it... later, but this devious sale stripped me of my ability to hold it off any longer.

My only satisfaction is that as it's a PDF, they emptied not one bit of their warehouses from me (Well, barring the 7 or so 5th Ed books I've already gotten).

Mark my words, If we end up having fun, it'll be the DoJ's fault!

Re: End Of Year Blowout Sale!!!

Originally posted by Ben Seeman

All of our PDFs are also 20% off, such as Shades of Black and The Hero System Resource Kit, as well as classic items like Ultimate Supermage.

[begin imploring voice]

Steve, will the resource kit ever be available in hard copy?

[End imploring voice]

Hmm, I'm wondering... is the current Euro high tide also part of Steve's fiendish plan? That means I'll be able to get Shades of Black for... let's see... a measly 8.30 Euros! WoW! :D

* Solomon scurries to the Online Store *

Thanks from a very happy european HERO fan. :)

I just wish getting hard copies was just as easy. Distribution here is quite sloppy and HERO books usually hit the shelves no sooner than 40-60 days after release date! :(

Heck, I might as well swim to California and back, via the Cape of Good Hope, in two months. ;)

Steve, will the resource kit ever be available in hard copy?

We did make it available in hardcopy. It sold out. There are still some copies floating around out there, I think, if you look hard enough or find a store that hasn't managed to sell 'em.

Due to the expense of reprinting the RK -- it costs more than you'd expect due to all the components and collating and such -- we don't have any plans to do so; what demand exists doesn't rise to the level of the minimum number of copies we'd have to print. That's why we made it available as a PDF.

is the current Euro high tide also part of Steve's fiendish plan?

Sadly, I only have PS: Concoct Fiendish Plan 16-. I'd need at least a 20- to start manipulating global currency markets. ;)

Originally posted by Steve Long

Due to the expense of reprinting the RK -- it costs more than you'd expect due to all the components and collating and such -- we don't have any plans to do so; what demand exists doesn't rise to the level of the minimum number of copies we'd have to print. That's why we made it available as a PDF.

Steve, would it be possible to go to a P# system for stuff that you're not sure would sell, like the RK?

The P# system is fairly common in the wargaming industry. What it does is to set a minimum number of pre-orders before an item actually goes to the printer. There could also be a discount given to people who preorder.

This system lets the consumer vote with his wallet for whether to print or reprint something that you're not sure would sell. There is no risk on your part since you simply don't publish stuff that doesn't have enough preorders. :)

Originally posted by Steve Long

Maybe not, but you helped us use up our surplus of electrons. ;)

Comments like this really make me worry about you, Steve... I mean, it sounds like something I'd come up with. ;)

-- Bob, who wishes he'd bought the RK when it was out in hardcopy and would pre-order two of them just for good measure if it was available in that form again :(

Hardcopy Resource Kit

A quick search of online retailers I'm familiar with and can recommend, netted the following folks who still have paper copies of the HERO System Resource Kit:

http://www.allstargames.com

http://www.sentrybox.com (prices in Canadian dollars)

http://www.cyberdungeon.com

http://www.dragonstrove.com (in "Super-Hero Related Games")

Originally posted by phydaux

Thanks Liaden!

I'm going to give my FLAGS one more try to track down a copy. If they can't, find one, I'll use one of the links.

You da man!

phy

You're welcome, phy, but I wouldn't wait long. Nobody's swimming in stock of these things, and as TKD illustrates, other interested parties may see this thread.

Lord is quite the writer (I also dig your Plot Seed suggestions in the official pdf offered in the documents section).

I took advantage of the sale to finally complete my e-book collection with the addition of Ultimate Super Mage & Shades of Black.

Talk about (accidentally) saving the best for last.  Wow, the USM is mind-blowingly expansive, and Shades of Black was far better than (even the very quality writitng) I expected.

I didn't read LL's excellent review until after I'd already purchased & read [over] SoB, and I must agree with his review 1000%.

Thanks DOJ for putting out so many cool e-book products [as well as printed ones]!!

Anyone still on the fence should know you won't be disappointed.

I'll definitely be grabbing the next HERO Plus adventure Day 1.

P.S. Thanks for supporting the Dark Champions genre with SoB.  And thanks for making it tuff enough to truly be challenging.  I prefer death to be an actual threat / possibility in my adventures.

Nightfly, thanks for the kind words, but I believe Hermit is the author of the review you're referring to. (I might steal his credit, but I'm afraid he'd make me the subject of a poll in revenge. ;) ) I do agree with you on the usefulness of his review, his opinion of SoB, and the quality of his writing in general. I only wish I had his eloquence. :o

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

Nightfly, thanks for the kind words, but I believe Hermit is the author of the review you're referring to. (I might steal his credit, but I'm afraid he'd make me the subject of a poll in revenge. ;) ) I do agree with you on the usefulness of his review, his opinion of SoB, and the quality of his writing in general. I only wish I had his eloquence. :o

Sorry bout that guys.  I'm an overnite worker, & this is about my bedtime (I'm groggy-ish) :)

Hermit did write an awesome review, and Hermit's Plot Seed ideas were super-cool too [i only today spotted all those free pdfs in the Documents section.  All the Villians, Heroes, Genres, etc].

Sorry again.  You guys both write better than I do!

SoB Rocks!  And, go figure, not until after getting FH & FHG did I finally get USM?! D'Oh! &nbspBetter late than never I guess:)

• 1 month later...