Deadly Words

Steve

I had an idea for a cursed document that causes those able to read it to die, but only if they can understand the language. I'm not sure how such a thing can be written up though, so I was wondering if anyone had any write-ups for cursed books or scrolls I could look at as examples.

RKA 4 to 5 D6, Req Int roll, does 1D6 per every point you make it by?  I think the disease builds use attacks that arrive in parcels, so that's where to look.

Yellow Sign: 4D6 RKA  Time increment, Countered by failing Int roll, max effect requires making Int Roll by 4+, CE: "Soilent Green is People!" Req. Int Roll, -2 Int Roll, Long Lasting, Lim: Literacy based?

I had an idea for a cursed document that causes those able to read it to die, but only if they can understand the language. I'm not sure how such a thing can be written up though, so I was wondering if anyone had any write-ups for cursed books or scrolls I could look at as examples.

Then how did the person who wrote it manage to - oh, I see. That skeleton with the quill pen still clutched in its bony hand IS the person who wrote it isn't it?

Trigger, with the triggering condition being "read and understood" and trigger automatically resets (if it's not exploding runes) and a Telepathy Power bought as the "Trigger Sense" (because whether or not someone understands something isn't obvious to normal senses.)

Lucius alexander

I just feed it to a palindromedary without reading it