Avengers as a campaign

Dead guy on the tab

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy playing the hulk went to playing Captain America. That's how Rick Jones went from being a sidekick for one to a sidekick for the other

CES

I can see the GM regretting allowing the player building the Hulk with the team bomb combination (Distrustful of others + Berserk 14-, 8-) "Fine, Fine, you can play your Golden Age Hero that you spent months on a backstory for".

The guy who is so obsessed with playing against type and being a realistic roleplayer, despite the fact that it's not terribly realistic.

"I know. My hero won't be handsome or kind or polite. He'll be fat. And balding. And middle aged!" So he creates Doctor Druid.

And then when that goes away, he says "I can't believe the only members of the Avengers who are black, ever, are Black Panther and Captain America's sidekick."

So he creates Triathlon.

The guy who is so obsessed with playing against type and being a realistic roleplayer, despite the fact that it's not terribly realistic.

"I know. My hero won't be handsome or kind or polite. He'll be fat. And balding. And middle aged!" So he creates Doctor Druid.

And then when that goes away, he says "I can't believe the only members of the Avengers who are black, ever, are Black Panther and Captain America's sidekick."

So he creates Triathlon.

Or does he start as a former V&V player who bought into the play yourself as a character.

Ms. Marvel/Warbird/Binary/Captain Marvel is played by the sister of one of the main players who keeps rebuilding her character. She started out an angry feminist but calms down with each rebuild and becomes a good team player.

And she's a closet DC/Supergirl fan and everyone else at the table are Marvel fans. :D

post-1131-0-48981500-1393128571.jpg

I'm going to be borrowing/swiping a lot of these ideas and thoughts if I ever get my Champions 101 project going.  Great way of helping GMs relate to character designs and player types.

Double ditto. I was going to come on here and say that the Fantastic Four would be a better campaign, but now that I see what's actually happening here, I love it. This is my favorite thread. ;)

Quicksilver is a fan of The Flash and read the back of the Champions book, but ends up frustrated because he couldn't afford all the powers he wanted and is surly all the time.

Tigra is played by an anime fan boy who meticulously drew 82 versions of the character like he's working on an animated show of her and writes fan fiction stories of her between sessions.

Quicksilver is a fan of The Flash and read the back of the Champions book, but ends up frustrated because he couldn't afford all the powers he wanted and is surly all the time.

Seems legit.

The very first thing that happens upon the Avengers’ arrival in the DC universe is that Pietro finds out about the Flash Museum. You can practically see the indignation radiating off of him at not having his own dedicated speedster museum.

Iron Man is played by a tech geek who loves rebuilding his armor's abilities to keep ahead of real world technology. He also loves plumbing his character's depths through tragedies and recovering from them: examples include alchoholism, losing his fortune/company and plotlines with ill-fated romances (Black Widow/Madame Masque).

Beast is playing in both the X-Men and Avengers campaigns.

Spider-man appears in the Avengers campaign sometimes, but his player prefers the solo campaign the GM runs for him since he loves the spotlight and plumbing the character.

There's also some crossover with the Fantastic Four campaign, but that one is more exploration than crimefighting.