Aides, Props, Tools and Peripherals: what do you use?

Altair

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't sing it for my gaming group. One of us was once subjected to the original as a form of torture.

No, I'm not kidding.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks how, since I've so thoroughly derailed the thread, I plan to get back on track. Good question.

• 3 weeks later...

In our campaign, we've: created torn notes from captured NPCs, created journal notes from a professor NPC, on occasion pictures of the locale to be visited (a Greenland city, rocky ocean beach, etc), use a battlemap from time-to-time. Lots to do. Most often, I've created short video commercials that give a teaser of what the episode will be like, complete with music.

@ Scott Baker - yeah, this has been going on for about a month. I've been making cardstock models while doing other things; I discovered I enjoy doing so. It's something to do with my hands, much like many people knit or crochet, I apparently make buildings out of cardstock. 

This isn't even for a game, the buildings just keep showing up! It has made my friends more excited to mess around with Champions, however.

@Tech - short video commercials? For each game? That sounds awesome. I've considered making trailers for games in Flash, but I haven't really touched it since sophomore year of undergrad. What software do you use?

@ Scott Baker - yeah, this has been going on for about a month. I've been making cardstock models while doing other things; I discovered I enjoy doing so. It's something to do with my hands, much like many people knit or crochet, I apparently make buildings out of cardstock. 

This isn't even for a game, the buildings just keep showing up! It has made my friends more excited to mess around with Champions, however.

@Tech - short video commercials? For each game? That sounds awesome. I've considered making trailers for games in Flash, but I haven't really touched it since sophomore year of undergrad. What software do you use?

For many game episodes but not every one. Not every episode needs one. Still, over 50 of them have been created. I use Pinnacle 9 and Pinnacle 16 Ultimate.