Have we seen our last Champions Universe product(s)

Boll Weevil

Hello, heroes, and Happy New Year! I spent a portion of my end of year time off re-reading my Champions books. I started with the three Villains books and read through Champions Universe when I started to wonder: Have we seen the last Champions book covering the Champions Universe? Like a good comic book, I have been reading about Defender, Grond, Ripper, Black Paladin and a rich tapestry of stories for decades. My intrepid group of second-string heroes have been fighting Doctor Destroyer and Mechanon since the 80's. Occasionally I see Champions supplements in the Hero store or on Kickstarter but nothing in the Champions Universe proper. I'll be honest, the thought of never seeing another Champions U story makes me a little sad. 

Well, three of Steve Long's recent Hero Plus PDF mini-books -- Tatterdemalion Terrors, Martial Enemies, Volume 1, and Martial Enemies, Volume 2: The Cult of the Red Banner, are all set in the Champions Universe. Darren Watts recently posted that he's down to the last couple of months work on Golden Age Champions. So, while new stuff may not be coming at the pace those of us who enjoy the setting would like, it is coming.

We would likely have to hear from Steve Long whether the format for Profit And Purity (which I personally would really love to see) is amenable to that approach. Just judging from what Steve's released so far in his Martial Enemies series, the original planned Martial World source book was to a large degree a collection of related discreet elements. Detailing ARGENT or the IHA may require more of an integrated overview approach, like what was done for VIPER, DEMON, and UNTIL.

It's also possible that Steve just wouldn't enjoy writing that material piecemeal.

Well, we are overdue for something big for Champions. Why not a Villains Volume 4: Organizations? Imagine VIPER agents, DEMON Morbains, and even ARGENT salesmen in one place. (Don't laugh, ARGENT salesmen are tough. Somebody has to sell theas things to the criminal underworld.)