Is it an Elemental Control?

I built it a different way, but I'm interested to know whether it can be an EC.

A character has a quantum computer in his costume that helps him in many ways, like Iron Man's Jarvis and Friday computers help him.  Even though the specific powers are not themed, each one is linked together in the same way an EC is; draining one means draining them all.

Could this computer and its abilities be considered a candidate an Elemental Control or not, and why?

I built it a different way, but I'm interested to know whether it can be an EC.

A character has a quantum computer in his costume that helps him in many ways, like Iron Man's Jarvis and Friday computers help him.  Even though the specific powers are not themed, each one is linked together in the same way an EC is; draining one means draining them all.

Could this computer and its abilities be considered a candidate an Elemental Control or not, and why?

The definition of a EC in 5E (if I rememerber correctly) was:

- Powers useable at same time

- drain one, drain all

Note that in 6E the Elemental Control was removed. Instead there is now a limitation that does "drain one, drain all".

Often it was only used to "get stuff cheaper for the sake of getting it cheaper". The validity in the end depends on how commonly a drain to any one of the powers is encountered.

A drain Blast is somewhat common/likely. A drain INT or drain for Sensory powers not so.

Note that in 6E the Elemental Control was removed. Instead there is now a limitation that does "drain one, drain all".

Often it was only used to "get stuff cheaper for the sake of getting it cheaper". The validity in the end depends on how commonly a drain to any one of the powers is encountered.

A drain Blast is somewhat common/likely. A drain INT or drain for Sensory powers not so.

Ohh!  I wouldn't even think about the commonality of a drain on the powers involved.  I think it is very much whether you are willing to take the risk that your attack and defence powers linked in this way are vulnerable to, for example, an INT drain.  

I think the limitation is for making your powers susceptible to a broader range of drains, transfers etc than they would otherwise be...

Doc

I'd argue the biggest hurdle in working with EC would be that they're so point efficient you're insane if you don't take one.  Especially if the GM loses his mind and allows persistent powers, such as attributes, in it.

Unified can be unexpectedly brutal in 6E because it's easy to slap it on practically anything concept related.  In one of my games a classic D&D style spectre used Drain Body on a character and effectively wiped out something like 120 active points of powers with a net of 8 over the character's power defense  (several attributes, multiple power pools....)

Yeah, I will caution folks who use it that a limitation they put on their characters will get used in the campaign and that they should consider that. Same with Complications, they are one of the easiest plot devices for me. 

- E

Personally, I'm quite comfortable with allowing notionally "broken" Elemental Controls and Unified, as long as the character takes a draining character as a hunted. It's a bit like Glowing Green Rocks - it will happen, and it will happen often enough to compensate for the saved points.