Justice League Animation fans...

Acroyear

Advertisement

Teen Titans cartoon in 2003

Because of the success of "Justice League", Warner Brothers has decided to create yet another half hour cartoon based on a comic book. "Teen Titans" is scheduled to debut on Cartoon Network in 2003. It will also be broadcast on KidsWB! shortly thereafter.

The show will be set in the future and will feature the classic team-up of Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven. As with the "Justice League" cartoon, "Teen Titans" will not only have the heroes battling villains and disasters, but also trying to learn to function as a team.

"Teen Titans" is being produced by Warner Brother's Animation under the guidance of Glen Murakami (Justice League, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, and Batman Beyond: The Movie). If his past accomplishments are any indication, then it looks like the WB will have another hit on their hands.

What bothers me is the "set in the future" bit. I mean, is this Batman Beyond like future?

Ever see Spider-Man Unlimited (oh lordy)...

Heck, I was unhappy with the Avengers (and apparently, so was everyone) because they went all "power armor for everyone sci fi" with it.

Originally posted by Acroyear

What bothers me is the "set in the future" bit. I mean, is this Batman Beyond like future?

Ever see Spider-Man Unlimited (oh lordy)...

Heck, I was unhappy with the Avengers (and apparently, so was everyone) because they went all "power armor for everyone sci fi" with it.

Yeah, I saw "Spider-Man Unlimited" , what I thought of it isn't fit for polite conversation. It was a cute concept for maybe one or two shows, that's it. Sometimes TV and Movies decide to 'improve' on a character, 9/10 times, that kills it.

Not sure how far in the future it will be. I must say, the animation sample I saw for Teen Titans (And I don't know where I saw it) didn't look as GOOD to me as the JLA one.

I'll have to look for some samples. I hope they don't use the blah Robin design from the Batman series (and I'm sure it's not going to be Dick in the suit... while I like Tim, it's just not the same).

Curious, too, that they are using Gar's Doom Patrol name and not his Titans name.

I'll have to look for some samples. I hope they don't use the blah Robin design from the Batman series (and I'm sure it's not going to be Dick in the suit... while I like Tim, it's just not the same).

Curious, too, that they are using Gar's Doom Patrol name and not his Titans name.

Yeah, wonder if they are worried folks will confuse Gar for 'Odo' or something :)

Found this...

http://vu.morrissey-solo.com/moz/perez/info/tt-cartoon1.htm

Originally posted by BarryB

I like the JLA cartoon, though I find Superman woefully underpowered. Any hints on what the upcoming season will feature?

Next season should open with an episode called "Twilight of the Gods", with Michael Ironside reprising his role of Darkseid from Superman: The Animated Series.

Other villains they've announced include Amazo, Brainiac, Despero, Eclipso, Luther, the Joker, the Royal Flush Gang, and Dr. Destiny. They're.keeping fairly coy about guest stars. Paul Dini's doing a one-part episode, and the season will end with a three parter.

Scott Bennie

Not a JL episode. A Static Shock episode. :)

I probably should have prefaced my post by saying something like "The Justice League's appearance on Static Shock will be a dose of Demerol for my Justice League addiction".

Dini's episode is an Xmas one...and will feature Lois Lane and Alfred. Rumor has is Hawkman will be showing up for a few episodes and he will be voiced by Ron Pearlman.

Man, that Titans sketch does suck...

http://www.comics2film.com/ProjectFrame.php?f_id=191

This is a more Timm styled animated sketch. Funny that most reports said that Titans is going to be set in the future, yet Batman mentions them in his recent appearance on Static Shock.

Just watched the episode...neat stuff!

Arrrrrg!

Teen Titans, set in a future of intergalactic strife and interplanetary battles, features five teen superheroes each with special powers, led by the Boy Wonder Robin. This group unites to form a defensive force to protect the Earth from a new generation of villains.

P.O.S.!

Solving the 'Aqualad' Problem

Wil Wheaton is going to be Aqualad. I guess there's no chance of Aqualad saving the Enterprise or creating a race of nano-bots -- and having them call him "god".

Unless someone gives Wesley, err.. Aqualad a real power up-grade!

Andy