An area power that causes foes to trip.

DepartureDave

So, I don't understand. A Change Environment CAN be used to force a roll or MUST be?

It means it forces a roll only if the GM says so and it fits dramatic sence and logic sense. Otherwise, it does not force a roll. It is much like the old joke of how many Champions characters does it take to change a light bulb.

It means it forces a roll only if the GM says so and it fits dramatic sence and logic sense. Otherwise, it does not force a roll. It is much like the old joke of how many Champions characters does it take to change a light bulb.

For thoes who don't know the punchline: It's a GM call.

The naughty version (replace change to screw in): Two, but both parties must posess the Shrinking power.

Alright, I'm pretty new to the Hero System so forgive me if I get something wrong but what's stopping OP from buying telekinesis with area effect for the trip manoeuvre?

Nothing in particular, however representing the described power with Telekinesis has several problems. First, the write up is going to be long and complicated with numerous modifiers to get it to do what the OP wanted. Second, in CC/FHC you have the GM's permission to purchase the Trip Maneuver as an Adder for TK to perform a Trip with it, and even if you don't need a lot of STR, it will still be somewhat expensive to have it linger in the area after you leave. Third, although you can do a lot of things with TK, you can't impose penalties to movement speed or combat values with it, so the power construct is still going to end up using Change Environment for that, meaning you either have to build a Compound Power, or also use Change Environment to perform the trip. Finally, A Change Environments which forces Dex Rolls to avoid being tripped is literally one of the example powers for Change Environment, it is even in Champions Powers as Ice Sheet (CP 172)

Alright, I'm pretty new to the Hero System so forgive me if I get something wrong but what's stopping OP from buying telekinesis with area effect for the trip manoeuvre?

Back in 4th, marbles to throw someone was written up as TK and it was a mess to build and expensive too. Another alternative is to build it just as martial throw (no trip back then) as a focus. So you question is far off.

Back in 4th, marbles to throw someone was written up as TK and it was a mess to build and expensive too. Another alternative is to build it just as martial throw (no trip back then) as a focus. So you question is far off.

I bought marbles in 6th Ed as Change Environment, -6 to DEX rolls, Area Effect 4m radius, 1 continuing charge lasting 2 phases.  The special effect required an immediate DEX roll when the victim stepped in them.

People always laughed at Ladyhawk for having that in her Utility Belt loadout, until they saw how she used it in combat...