Old Fantasy Hero Books with 5th/6th ed FH

Xotl

My local bookstore has Fantasy Hero 3rd edition, 4th edition, and both FH Companions.  Rules incompatibilities aside, is there anything in those four older books that the 5th edition or 6th editions of FH don't have?  I have both of the newer eds, so if between those two I have everything in the old books, then it's useless, but if there's a few neat spell colleges or whatever not in the new ones then it might be worth it.

If you could, I'd appreciate it if you could be specific: I'd rather not buy all four if I don't have to.  :)  Thanks a ton.

My local bookstore has Fantasy Hero 3rd edition, 4th edition, and both FH Companions.  Rules incompatibilities aside, is there anything in those four older books that the 5th edition or 6th editions of FH don't have?  I have both of the newer eds, so if between those two I have everything in the old books, then it's useless, but if there's a few neat spell colleges or whatever not in the new ones then it might be worth it.

If you could, I'd appreciate it if you could be specific: I'd rather not buy all four if I don't have to.  :)  Thanks a ton.

No both 5e and 6e Fantasy Hero Books have a greater depth than FH 1st edition and FH for Hero 4th. Both are designed for a D&D ish fantasy.

Personally, I really enjoy the Spell Colleges in the 4E FH and the first Companion. They're each more strongly unified in theme, SFX, and style of Limitations, than most of the "Arcana" in the 5E/6E books, giving them a more distinctive flavor IMHO. And there's a very wide variety of them. The Companion also has a decent Bestiary, although with few creatures that didn't receive a 5E+ update. Some pretty good B&W art, too. Again IMHO, the second Companion didn't really maintain the quality of the first two books in the series -- probably partly because FH 4E and Companion I were originally written at the same time, but divided for publication over size concerns.

I second the College of spells. To be accurate, alk three books had them. FHC II also had rukes for ships, jousting and went into more traditional styles of magic. Also had a rule on how a spellcaster coukd use a spell and block another spell that was casted. Now I didn't really like most of the colleges in FHC II but that is me. Also had a quick magic item generator too.

Companion II has a selection of generic maps for inns, farms, and so on that might prove useful.  

I have them all from when they came out and I still go back to them for ideas.  If they're not incredibly expensive then I'd say go for it.  But you're not really missing out on anything if you don't.