Deathstroke Is Now Recruiting

steriaca

Lets talk about my original characters.

Scatterbrain 2: Hero/Champions does not have the stereotypical bald headed mentlist officially, so she fits that roll. Her mental powers are, in a multipower Telepathy, Mind Control 1 (Telepathic, One Command: Don't Move), Mind Control 2 (Limited Power: Must Put Victim Into Mind Control 1 First), Mental Blast, and Telekinesis, and outside multipower Flight (telekinesis) and Resistant Protection (costume and telekinesis force field). And Mental Defence.

The Psi Potion affected her memory along with her hair falling out. She doesn't have amnisa, and can form new memories. It is just that small details tend to slip through her mind. She forgets names, to lock cell doors, to take out the garbage, her keys, you know, small stuff. Her mind control in two stepts repersents her forgetting to ishue a command, then remembering to do so.

One possibility is that she wears wigs to cover her head.  She could be a disguise artist, infiltrating potential targets before Deathstroke, helping to take them down from the inside.  Or she could just wear a different wig every day, trying out different looks depending on her mood.

Hope that helps.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One possibility is that she wears wigs to cover her head. She could be a disguise artist, infiltrating potential targets before Deathstroke, helping to take them down from the inside. Or she could just wear a different wig every day, trying out different looks depending on her mood.

Hope that helps.

That assuming she remembers to wear a wig. She is a skatterbrain.

My own picks:

Ankylosaur, Arrowhead, Exo, Geos, Hazard, Grenadier and Megavolt.

As you see no mentalists but that was intentional. Not every team needs one.

Humm...all seven of them are already established villains. Nine if you include Requime and Frost. Of course, a high number members allows for one or two to be at the Greybar Hotel and can still use the team. How is the Luck and Unluck factor? Can Hazard alone counter Requime and Frost's unluck?

I've actually submitted the villains based on how they can take Frost's trash talking without causing a fight which was why I choose Ankylosaur over Armadillo who has more or less a short fuse on being talked down to. I could've replaced Geos with Lodestone but he usually takes on solo jobs (just so he can keep all of the loot for himself). However he can still recruitable although possibly expensive.

Granted others like Exo or Grenadier can be more difficult to manage due to their egotistic natures but the results of the team breaking down due to internal conflicts are minimal.

I don't think Hazard's luck would help others as oppose to causing Unluck on everyone else just himself but I can (and always) be wrong since I am not a game designer nor am I a expert on the rules. Still at best, it might "even things out" if the situation came to it.

Arrowhead and Megavolt due to their connection with Stiletto, might be wary of Requiem however money has a way of overriding caution.

Lady Blue joins the team after being recruited by Invictus in a scheme to create a Government controlled team of "Superheroes" under his plan to become President of the United States.

Or to convince President Trump to make his Secretary of Superbeings, using that position to ferret out who could be manipulated into an armed show of force.

Not unsurprising. In the DC Universe, Luthor became president for a while.

And since Powerless is set in the "Arrowverse", that means Lex is the President of the United States there.

No, the President in the Arrowverse is Susan Brayden, who became President when her predecessor was killed by the Dominators.

The President on Supergirl's Earth is Olivia Marsdin.

Because there's never any time when you shouldn't inject your personal politics into every single conversation, topic, and moment on earth.  Everone just loves to hear about what you think about politics, all the time, everywhere, without ceasing!!!!  Please, go into greater length explaining your political positions, here, and everywhere else!  Now is the time, and this is the place!

...apparently

I think for our game we turned Dr Death into a real deal powered armor guy. He joined the team shortly after the Dagger meltdown.

Stinger and Death Commando bolted the former went deeper into crazytown and the latter felt the group was holding him down.

I kind of liked Scatterbrain and had her join to replace Stinger, the PR guy was an interesting, lighthearted edition but eventually PSI began to poke around

Death Commando joined a short-lived team of armored mercs who were hired as security detail but after encounter with our heroes they were never heard from again (mostly because the guy who hired them was Mechassassin and he offed them to clean up his competition. He ended up appropriating their tech as well, bankrolling some of his buddies into a matching uniform version of the now dead mercs.

Stinger was still in Stronghold

Added another close quarter's fighter in the form of a growth brick named Avalanche

So it was:

Requiem

Frost

Scatterbrain

Dr. Death

Avalanche

Shockwave

They faded into obscurity after a few adventures. Showing up as part of a massive "Mutant" group (Dr Death and Shockwave being absent)

Donald Sutherland is ruthless, decadent, and wildly ambitious; but he's also shrewd, cunning, and patient. In other words, the worst of Donald Trump, but much more competent. Vile and smart is far more dangerous than just vile.

But he was so good in Kelly's Heroes.

The Champions Universe has a few Presidential Candidates

Jeremiah Relm, Conservative U.S. Senator.

Shanna Parker Armbruster, Liberal U.S. Representative and wife of Inventor/Millionaire Matt Armbruster.

Clayton Mansfield, U.S. Representative and the former superhero Blackbird.

David Sutherland, U.S. Senator and the publicly known "superhero" Invictus.

General Jonathon Hawkes, Director of PRIMUS and war hero.

Robert Washington Kaufman, The Golden Avenger of PRIMUS, and President of the United States in an alternate reality.

Great question: How large should Deathstroke be? There should be a nice number of members, mostly to compensate for members being imprisoned at various times. The only core members should be Requime and Frost, but there should be a core of 'main members', and a core of 'backup members'.

But thinking this out, how many is to many?

I kind of like the idea of a core of true believers who are in charge of the big picture, and a larger body of associated lesser powered villains who do the street work for funding, etc.  That way the heroes can defeat Deathstroke but never quite take out the organization until the big final push.

Which, I think, is a great idea for a campaign book for Champions.