Babylon 5 Hero

Aroooo

Site Update

Okay, don't get too excited :) Since the server move is finished, I took some time to update the look/style of the site. As much as I liked the green text on black background 'computer' look, it does not print well. So I reversed the color scheme so its a better read - or maybe that should just be a cleaner read :)

I'll be adding a few ships to the site by this weekend, and I hope a package deal or two as well.

Aroooo

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latent Telepaths

After perusing your site and chatting with MY B5 expert...

I recommend the latent telepath purchase a PSI rating, Detect surface thoughts (with the additional limitation of "vauge and unclear" possibly)

And perhaps ONE of the standard psych powers with the (-2 no conscious control) limitation. that should keep the point costs down.

A critique on PSI construction::

You recommend charging 6 points for what is essentially a disadvantage. Telepathy already offers the full function of your "flash" detect (-1 lack of control).

Why not assign Telepaths a Disad of "Prone to picking up surface thoughts", after all, base level telepathy effects will bestow surface thoughts. We modelled that as a Physical limit in the cyberpunk/Supers game I run. Works fine, and the player didn't have to pay for something that is simply a charge to allow other powers.

Charging for the PSI perk is acceptable to me, since the player is purchasing the "potential" for his Multipower...but again, the PSI perk really isn't anything but a surcharge on the Telepathy Framework. The same thing can be covered with a Distinctive Feature (Telepath). Then any Telepath can determine a vague PSI rating, and the PSI-Corps can have the entirely appropriate "Detect Telepath, Range, Discriminatory, Analyze" in THEIR package...for determining the PSI rating of a specific Telepath. PSI rating becomes an abstract, and only relevant to the PSI Corps Government Classification System.

I like the way you've done latents. I'll have to borrow from that idea. As for the rest of your ideas, its been a few months since I deliberately read the Psi rules, so I could come back to it with a fresher start. I'll work on it by this weekend and see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback!

Aroooo

Originally posted by Curufea

I'm definately thinking of using the Psi ideas.

And the ship my players are using is basically the Icarus Scout with a new design (deckplans are on my website).

Well, dont keep me in suspense! Where is your web site? Are these plans of your own design?

Aroooo

Originally posted by Aroooo

Well, dont keep me in suspense! Where is your web site? Are these plans of your own design?

Duh... Okay, let me just say it was early, and I stayed up way too late last night watching Stargate 3rd season DVDs.

Nice site, thanks for the link! But I didn't see deck plans, unless you were referring to the plans for the Lady Jane.

Aroooo

• 2 weeks later...

Minor Update

Went to a wedding last week, so didn't get as much done as I thought i would (Irish wedding you know), but I've posted a minor update:

Updated the Package Deals for the Narn and Centauri, based on some user feedback plus info from the Mongoose RPG. Also updated the sample Narn and Centauri characters. Also, built out the Earthforce PPG as a multipower so you can see the construction.

Aroooo

• 2 weeks later...

Significant Update

Not big necessarily, but significant. Added the Equipment section - includes personal armor. Updated the PPG stats in the Weapons section, and added write-ups for some of the other PPGs. Also made a slight page formatting change for readability on wide screens.

Enjoy!

Aroooo

Small Addition

I've added the EF Flight Suit to the equipment section (although I didn't call it EF there). Consider it a generic military grade flight suit suitable for any race that uses them. FYI the Narns don't wear flight suits in their fighters.

Aroooo

• 2 weeks later...

New Additions

Happy Holidays! A minor update and some additions:

Updated the Drazi Package Deal (reduced the HTH combat skill one level--I had the wrong point value assigned).

Changed the PDF link to a general Downloads section. Added HeroDesigner v2 (2.0.6) Racial Package Deal files and an Everyman Skills prefab to that section.

Should have an update to the Psi rules by end of week.

Enjoy!

Aroooo

Done wrapping!

Merry Christmas! I've finished wrapping, finished typing, and I'm going to bed 'cause my kids will wake me up in about 3 hours!

But I wanted to get this out: Big update for B5! I've added the Translator to the Equipment section. Big update to the Psi rules (still need to update the sample character). Updated the Talents and Perks section with the new Psi Perks. Added the Telepathy Prefab for HDv2 to the downloads section.

Enjoy! (Let me know what you tihnk about the new Psi rules.)

Aroooo

Update

A minor site update:

Updated Michael Nixon, the commercial telepath. Updated G'Kord, the Narn arms dealer. Included the HDv2 character files as well. Added a Martial Arts Prefab HDv2 file to the downloads section. Point cost errors in the Martial Arts section corrected.

Happy New Year everyone!

Aroooo

I still lvoe the seuqence in the very first Tv episode of Babylon 5 when Garibaldi got Ambassador Delenn into his quarters to show him his "second favorite thing in the universe" -- a Daffy Duck cartoon. It's somehow reasuring to think there's a chance Chuck jones might survive into the far future and that when we go into space we might not leave all of Earth;s cultural heritage behind. (This seems to be one of Stracynski's ongoing themes in the seires -- it pops up again and again, especially in the first season.)

Small Update

I've posted a small update: updated the Psi Rules (removed Limited Range modifier from Accidental Surface Scan-not needed since I made it part of the Mental group-I originally had it as an Unusual Sense). HDv2 Prefab and Sample Character also updated.

Enjoy!

Aroooo

Re: Great Work Aroooo , Lurkers Anonymous

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

I have to say you've doing great work and I'll keep lurking around for sure . Love your site links too .

Thanks! Always nice to hear from fans :) Feel free to give me feedback any time. Also, if there's anything you (or anyone) would like me to work on first, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Aroooo

Techno-Mages. I may write one up as an NPC one day. As for other post-season 5, I've got plans to write up the ships from Crusade and the Legend of the Rangers movie, but thats about all really. Unless, of course, you have something specifc in mind.

I've always thought the Ranger's ship would make a good player ship for a Ranger campaign.

Aroooo

Aroooo, have you read the three "lost" Crusade scripts? The "End of the Line" script (which would have been the first season finale) has a few interesting spoilers about the Techno-Mages. I imagine the Techno-Mages trilogy of books reveals the same "secret" (though I have not read them).

I, too, would be interested in seeing a Techno-Mage writeup.

NEED PROFESSIONAL PACKAGE DEALS

Greeting Aroooo , I'm wondering if your planning on making any more Package Deals .

Earth Force Military

Earth Force Secrurity

Rangers

etc...

Martial Arts Styles

Earth Force Combat Training

Ranger

Mimbari Staff/Pike Fighting

etc...

Love the work on PSI by the way . Good call on P1 through P10 ( shutters to imagine a P12 )