A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I have one friend who lives nearby that suffers from Depression, and ocassionally needs me to go be with her because no one else (not even her husband) can reach her. I have another friend who had surgery to remove blood-clots, but at the last minute they had to get her permission to approve a proceedure that might have killed her... all without having had the chance to say goodby her her husband and daughter. Another friend of mine had to put down the family dog. Yet another friend of mine has been having serious health-issues with the famly cat.

Sometimes, friendship can be a real bear.

And I wouldn't give up knowing any of these people for the world.

Why is it that the people who seem to enjoy my company the most, are the people I almost never get to see? And if they enjoy my company so much, and miss me so much, why do they never, ever lift a finger to try to get together with me more often?

I thought friends were supposed to stick with you through thick and thin. Not wander off because you've become inconvenient.

I don't think this is what I was promised in the brochure.

I'm the last person in the office at work, AGAIN. Then I've got an hours drive to look forward to to get home. It's got me really depressed.

Doc

The Mirage hotel in Las Vegas finally took down the posters of Siegfried and Roy, months after Roy was mauled by his tiger and the show had to close for good.

I bring this up because today in my cab, one of my fares asked, "Is Sigmund Freud coming back to the Mirage?"

JG

Ok, so there I was, condemning myself yet again for jumping in with both feet without going over the details first. But, my motto has always been, "You gotta do something, even if its wrong" and believe it or not it's usually pretty darn good, even if I do look like an ass half the time. I figure, I do my best, you do your best, no one can complain, and we can just keep going.

Time to drift . . .