College Football 2017-2018

Haven't been here in a week or so.  But yeah, Alabama v Georgia was annoying enough, before Alabama managing to win it.  I'm going to officially list it as part of 2017, so that I can pretend that 2018 is a better year than the previous one.  :/

As to the USA TODAY grades, I find it somewhat interesting that Wisconsin made the A+ section, after so much whining from the national press that they didn't play anybody worthy, with 10 easy wins.

• 6 months later...

He is right that football is under attack, but what he got wrong is that there are good reasons that football is under attack. And his CTE denial isn't fooling anyone. It is absolutely clear, based on the science we know, that you cannot take hundreds of blows to the head over the course of four-plus years and not have consequences. We all know about boxers and MMA fighters who become "punch drunk" for life from damage suffered in the ring/octagon. Why would we assume football players are not equally vulnerable?

Oh yes, I fear that the game will get pushed so far to one extreme that you won't recognize the game 10 years from now," Fedora said. "That's what I worry about. And I do believe if it gets to that point, that our country goes down, too."

The above part was when he really went over the cliff.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Starlord said:

Jim Harbaugh doesn't want his players eating chicken because it's a nervous bird.

"He thinks some type of sickness injected its way into the human population when people began eating white meats instead of beef and pork," Speight, now at UCLA, told Bleacher Report. "And he believes it, 100 percent."

He's obviously not had many talks with the medical faculty. Assuming there still is one after the school paid his salary. (I exaggerate, but pay for top-flight college football coaches is getting stratospheric.)