Crisis on Infinite Earths

Cassandra

2 hours ago, Bazza said:

It just would have been nice if a non-Arrowverse character was given a main role ie a paragon* as that would make it feel more authentic as a proper Crisis. *Routh's Superman notwithstanding. 

And did the comics have a set number of paragons? are they the same as in the TV crossover or different? 

Nothing whatsoever about "paragons." More like a small army of supers. Although a few did stand out, particularly Barry Allen's Flash, Supergirl, and the Golden Age Superman from Earth II.

4 hours ago, Bazza said:

It just would have been nice if a non-Arrowverse character was given a main role ie a paragon* as that would make it feel more authentic as a proper Crisis. *Routh's Superman notwithstanding. 

And did the comics have a set number of paragons? are they the same as in the TV crossover or different? 

Wasn't the Paragon of Humanity from the Supernatural series?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I admit I haven't in the Crisis TV shows.  I've cut the cable a long time ago, and I am not going to pay for umpteen millions streaming subscriptions to watch show for which I am not even the main target audience, but I remember the comic books series.  I grew up reading DC comics in the 70s, and I love the multiple universes where alternate of well known characters could co-exist.  I even use it for my super hero campaign.

I read the Crisis books, and my feelings were mixed in regards to results.  First of all there was the killing off of favorite characters without the prospect that they were at least still alive in an alternate reality.  Then, there was the unintended consequences of creating plot holes and continuity errors that were as bad or worse than the ones they were trying get rid of.  Finally, they through away a lot interesting story potential by draconicly trying to make all characters comport to the current favored reality.  Frankly, I think it would have been interesting to see characters from different universes struggle as they cope with the confusing of adapting to the new universe.  Worst of all, I was one of the few fans at the time that actually liked the existence of multiple universes even if it did get a little confusing from time to time, but that goes back to no longer being apart of the main demographic that comic books publishers are aiming for.  That being said, I did like many of the changes.  I was also into a system called DC Heroes at the time, and in my head canon, the core DC universe at the time was just one of multiple universes where a Crisis like event occurred, and there was an infinite number of universes that remained completely unaffected by it.