Crisis on Infinite Earths

Cassandra

On 10/30/2019 at 9:29 AM, Fedifensor said:

Arrow's previous season finale showed the Monitor meeting Felicity several years in the future, and taking her to Oliver.  It implied that she would die in the process, as she wouldn't be able to come back.  In the comic version of Crisis, the Monitor dies.

My prediction:  That wasn't the Monitor meeting Felicity.  My guess is that the Monitor dies during Crisis and Oliver takes his place, keeping it secret so his family and friends wouldn't be targeted.  It would be the only way Oliver can get a happy ending.

We can all come back to this thread in a few months and laugh about how I got this wrong...

Which of course is a spoiler in itself because it means there is still a universe around.

So I assume that all the Earth numbers are either from the comics or are intended to be clever nods to the tv settings in question. Like, I assume that Earth-66 is a reference to 1966 when Burt Ward was Robin on his tv show. And Earth-666 is a reference to being home to Lucifer Morningstar. But what about the others? Has anyone decoded all the other Earth numbers and what they refer to? Seems like it would be a fun sort of trivia game.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:33 AM, zslane said:

So I assume that all the Earth numbers are either from the comics or are intended to be clever nods to the tv settings in question. Like, I assume that Earth-66 is a reference to 1966 when Burt Ward was Robin on his tv show. And Earth-666 is a reference to being home to Lucifer Morningstar. But what about the others? Has anyone decoded all the other Earth numbers and what they refer to? Seems like it would be a fun sort of trivia game.

Right.  Supergirl lives on Earth 38 because 1938 was the year Superman first appeared in the comics.  Of course it should have been Earth 59 because 1959 was the year Supergirl first appeared.

• 3 weeks later...

The reaction of the two Barrys to realizing they were feeling up each other's suits was too cute.

Can I just say I'm tired of Tyler Hoechlin's Superman needing to be rescued? I hope he gets to be more effective in his own new series.

The setup for the change in Supergirl's part of the world looks very intriguing. Clearly Jon Cryer's Lex Luthor will be an ongoing feature of the series. Of course he's still a villain, but it appears that in this time line he hasn't been publicly exposed as such yet. That makes him a far more subtle and insidious threat. It also implies a major change in Kara's relationship with Lena Luthor, assuming she still has one.

My favorite bit was the autograph seeker “Marv,  M-A-R-V!”   For anyone who didn’t recognize him that was Marv Wolfman the writer/creator of the original Crisis on Infinite Earths comic.

Naming Gardner pier and Perez plaza after Gardner Fox and George Perez was kinda cool also.

There were so many good moments for me like the Superfriends theme and the Hall of Justice exterior shot. My favorite moment of all was the scene where the Earth-2 Flash takes the other Flash's speed and takes his place on the treadmill. For me, allowing John Wesley Shipp's Flash be the hero brought closure to his role in the 1990-91 series, which had a very abrupt end. I also thought that using the clip from that series (as if he were reliving his past) was a great touch.