Beverly Hillbillies

Foxiekins

On 3/31/2021 at 9:01 AM, Tjack said:

I remember a BH episode where Jethro gets his draft notice.  Everyone in the family was real impressed that the President sent him a letter....”Greetings!”   Does anybody remember what happened about that?   

Is that the episode where he gets excited about being an army officer & dresses up in a Patton Costume and has Jed buy him a tank so the Army can spend the money elsewhere?

I think Granny gives him his medical exam & sends a report with him to the induction office (So the overworked Army Doctors don't have too) and because Granny Jethro ends up burnt, in a splint, and with crutches.  The Army officers debate if he is a true patriot who wants to fight through the pain or if he is the greatest draft doger in history.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:01 AM, Tjack said:

I remember a BH episode where Jethro gets his draft notice.  Everyone in the family was real impressed that the President sent him a letter....”Greetings!”   Does anybody remember what happened about that? 

Granny tried to keep the draft out of the boy.

30 minutes ago, Jhamin said:

Is that the episode where he gets excited about being an army officer & dresses up in a Patton Costume and has Jed buy him a tank so the Army can spend the money elsewhere?

I think Granny gives him his medical exam & sends a report with him to the induction office (So the overworked Army Doctors don't have too) and because Granny Jethro ends up burnt, in a splint, and with crutches.  The Army officers debate if he is a true patriot who wants to fight through the pain or if he is the greatest draft doger in history.

I don’t remember it, but it sounds right.  👍

• 5 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 9:01 AM, Tjack said:

I’m thinking now about Jethro in Vietnam. Slipping through the woods/jungle should be pretty easy for a country boy like him, and we already discussed his being a crack shot.  Besides if the Army could get Forrest Gump through basic training and the Marines put Gomer Pyle through Boot Camp then Jethro Bodine is going to the ‘Nam.

Wow, I’m picturing Jethro as an angry vet like Rambo or the guy from the song Copperhead Road.

I believe he ended up becoming a reservist.

No one could shoot like Granny, she actually skeet shot with a rifle.  A rifle!