What we know so far:

JackValhalla

The current situation: Kickstarter backers have access to the finished PDF at the moment. The printing of the hard copies is in train, although a last minute fix is being made.

Once all the KS stuff is fulfilled, the product will be made available for sale to the general public.

The file in the link above is the very earliest playtest draft. There is little in common between it and the finished product.

6 hours ago, assault said:

There is little in common between it and the finished product.

Thanks for that but of information.  I was reading that after you posted, and there was a lot of eye-popping going on.  :lol:

Reckon I'll wait until I have an actual book in my hand to form an opinion (didn't hear about this until it was too late to back it) 

I've got a partial character writeup in the So what do we want to talk about? thread. It's missing the character's Situations (Complications/Disadvantages), because I just threw it together as an example, but is otherwise complete.

It's a very basic flying brick type, so you should be able to follow it. The point of it is that it is fast, fairly tough and can throw a reasonable attack, all on the standard 200 points. It's not the be-all and end-all of characters, of course.

Much appreciated. 

My concern (remembering rhat I only have access to the earliest rough draft that was released to the world in general) was the lopsided Chara ter builds and/or super-short combats I anticipated based on the calculations for Stun and the rule against increasing Stun or Endurance. 

But again, I will have to wait until I can read the final rules. 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:54 PM, assault said:

Once all the KS stuff is fulfilled, the product will be made available for sale to the general public.

And is there an estimate for when the Kickstarter obligations will be fulfilled and this becomes available for sale to the general public?

Having participated in the playtesting, I can tell you that the combats have been very satisfying. In comparison with 4th edition, which is the last version I played, they have fewer of the drawn out grind-downs that I found usually showed up in other versions. Combats are shorter in comparison to 4th ed., but not "super short" and events and actions feel more consequential.

Edited by nitrosyncretic

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2020 at 8:54 PM, assault said:

The current situation: Kickstarter backers have access to the finished PDF at the moment. The printing of the hard copies is in train, although a last minute fix is being made.

The file in the link above is the very earliest playtest draft. There is little in common between it and the finished product.

So I guess the question is then how much longer until all of the Kickstarter people's requests have been fulfilled?

The Kickstarter group ultimately became the beta readers.  We found quite a few issues in the initial version, which led to an extensive formatting review and adjustment.  These weren't our requests per se, but clear issues and problems.

Then...there were some health problems, and some decisions made by Jason, to incorporate more art.  That added some time.  My copy of the PDF zip file is dated end of February...I might not have downloaded it the day it was released but it would've been pretty close.

After that, yeah, it was gonna go to print.  That means getting scheduled in;  it always takes some time.  And then, of course, the world got suplexed.