Agents of Shield Write-Ups?

Vondy

No.

Just because a game is focused on agents doesn't automatically render it Dark Champions.

Indeed, the UNTIL Defenders of Freedom book is a regular Champions genre book.

And that book is mostly about SHIELD. Oh, wait, I mean UNTIL and its agents, their gear, and how to run them.

Indeed, Coulsen made his first appearances in Iron Man, Thor, and the Avengers -- which the show is directly tied into.

Are those Dark Champions titles?

Super Agents would be more appropriate then Dark Champions.  SHIELD Agents work with Superhumans, and rarely kill, while Dark Champions campaign usually lack superpowers and are often quite bloody.

Coulson, May, and Grant would all be built on 150 Points (75+ Disadvantages).  All would have about 50 Points in Characteristics, 50 Points in skills, and another 50 Points in equipment.  They would all carry a weapon which would have Variable Special Effects to deal with any possible threat.   All will have full comic book martial arts, fast draw, and other combat skills.

Skye, Fitz, and Simmons would all be built on 100 Points (Characteristics 25, Skills 50, and Powers 25).  Their function would be to analyze the threat and figure on how to take them down, provide communications, and other support functions.   They would have limited martial arts skills (Block, Strike, and Throw), just enough to knock down an opponent and escape.  

All members the team will contribute to a Variable Power Pool for other weapons and equipment as needed.

Super Agents would be more appropriate then Dark Champions.  SHIELD Agents work with Superhumans, and rarely kill, while Dark Champions campaign usually lack superpowers and are often quite bloody.

Coulson, May, and Grant would all be built on 150 Points (75+ Disadvantages).  All would have about 50 Points in Characteristics, 50 Points in skills, and another 50 Points in equipment.  They would all carry a weapon which would have Variable Special Effects to deal with any possible threat.   All will have full comic book martial arts, fast draw, and other combat skills.

Skye, Fitz, and Simmons would all be built on 100 Points (Characteristics 25, Skills 50, and Powers 25).  Their function would be to analyze the threat and figure on how to take them down, provide communications, and other support functions.   They would have limited martial arts skills (Block, Strike, and Throw), just enough to knock down an opponent and escape.  

All members the team will contribute to a Variable Power Pool for other weapons and equipment as needed.

Thanks for your thoughts. What you propose is similar to what I was thinking: "competent normal template plus 50 points" for packages, martial arts, and flavor, etc.

I could use "skilled normal template plus 50 points" for the "tech-support" folk.

Has anyone written up Agent Coulsen and crew from Agents of SHIELD?

I could edit the basic write-ups from UNTIL Defenders of Freedom, I guess.

Mostly, I'm just curious how others would interpret them in light of the TV show paradigm.

Uh, don't you mean Agents of Hydra? :) At least, for now...

I wrote up a non-canon shield agent for a spinoff fanfic that's brewing last night.

• Heracles Smith, Agent of Shield. But, don't call him that.
  • His tagline: "Smith. Just Smith." And, "No. Not from the Matrix. Sheesh."
  • He's a L8 who does off-book investigations and jobs for Fury.
  • He will narrowly escape the Hyrda attempt on his life.
  • He dressess like a MIB, comports himself like Joe Friday... but is a deadpan snarker.
  • He lives out of a Shield-modded sedan with an AI and advanced systems -- and vac-packed suits in the trunk.
  • He carries an SW500 instead of the standard Glock.

His relationships to the official characters are:

• Coulsen – “Phil was my SO.”
  • Fitzsimmons – “Nerds: Stop talking.”
  • Hill – “We drink. Things happen.”
  • Fury – “XO-0 Direct Access Line.”
  • May – “She's still pissed about the midgets, isn't she?”
  • Rogers – “We've never met.”
  • Romanoff – “We honeymooned in Brunai.”
  • Skye – TBD [i'm open to ideas]
  • Ward – TBD [He doesn't inspire me]

Those are designed to be "open to interpretation." However, his relationship with Hill is just "drinking buddy" and is, despite the rumors, non-sexual. Its well known among the upper ranks [L8 and over] that Hill + Smith + Booze = Noodle Incident.

• “That thing with the bootleg tequila and nitro in Pakistan.”
  • “Let's not revisit the launch code mishap, okay?”
  • “Operation Body Shot? That's restricted Level 8 and above.”
  • “One word: Toronto.” “Look, they dropped the charges didn't they?”
  • “How *did* Fury's boxers end up in the punch bowl?”
  • “It involved a shoe horn and a great deal of lubricant.”
  • “Need I mention Berlin?” “July 4, last year.” “We have a truce.”
  • “Athens was fun. I never did find my pants.”
  • “No Ouzo. Just no. Not after that business with the jet pack in Ankara.”
  • “In our defense, Stark was footing the tab.”
  • “Wait a minute! We jello wrestled?” Coulsen: “I have pictures.”
  • “That op at renfair with the woad raiding midgets?"
  • “Very blue. Very short. Very nude.”
  • “How did the quinjet end up inside that Honey Tonk?.” “Don't ask.”

About all of these incidents they both protest: “Its not how it sounds!”

These are intended to be off-screen references that are dissonant with his "Joe Friday" demeanor.

UNTIL/PRIMUS = SHIELD

HYDRA = VIPER

Super Agents and Superheroes.

Makes for a great Adventure/Mini-Series.

Hmmm...

QM

Also, Unity = Avengers.

It would be pretty easy to port all of these characters / films into a UNTIL based CU game.

I'm inclined to view Coulson, May and Ward as Powerful Heroes instead of Standard Heroes. They tend to curb-stomp most opposition, especially May.

Would you give them a Perk for access to SHIELD tech or just make that part of a security clearance Perk?

I'm inclined to view Coulson, May and Ward as Powerful Heroes instead of Standard Heroes. They tend to curb-stomp most opposition, especially May.

I tend to agree. My write-up for "smith" is for a "headlining" agent.

Would you give them a Perk for access to SHIELD tech or just make that part of a security clearance Perk?

I prefer to keep things relatively simple and avoid too much granularity and bloat.

I would link it to their "Shield level."

If you can find it, I'd recommend a look at SuperAgents. Yes, it's old school... :winkgrin:

Admittedly, one of my favorite supplements.

-Carl-

Of course its fantastic. Its Aaron Allston!

One of my many regrets is not being able to get a Super Agents campaign going back in the day. I tried to do something similar on Hero Central until I got a job with uncompromising time commitments.

The are SHIELD Agents?

I make a distinction between protagonist agents (main and recurring cast) and the extras who are there as suit filler.

I would build Fury, Coulsen, May, Ward, Hill, et all on cinematic levels -- they are the marquee agents. And Romanoff is a Super.

But run of the mill agents? I would build them as competent normals with a package, a few maneuvers, a few levels, and one or two color skills.

Ergo, their CVs with their best moves and primary weapons would be around 7.

I think the notion of access level / rank automatically equating to "more combat capable" is intrinsically flawed.

Besides, the rank and file agents -- as opposed to those on the main cast or serving as "named opposition" -- are mostly just mooks.

UNTIL Agents were built on 100 Points for both Defender and Investigator.  I'm thinking this is a good level for the basic agent package.

25 Points in Characteristics, 25 Points in Skills, and 50 Points in Equipment.

It could serve as a "Basic Training Package" for all higher level agents.

I wrote up a non-canon shield agent for a spinoff fanfic that's brewing last night.

• Heracles Smith, Agent of Shield. But, don't call him that.
  • His tagline: "Smith. Just Smith." And, "No. Not from the Matrix. Sheesh."
  • He's a L8 who does off-book investigations and jobs for Fury.
  • He will narrowly escape the Hyrda attempt on his life.
  • He dressess like a MIB, comports himself like Joe Friday... but is a deadpan snarker.
  • He lives out of a Shield-modded sedan with an AI and advanced systems -- and vac-packed suits in the trunk.
  • He carries an SW500 instead of the standard Glock.

His relationships to the official characters are:

• Coulsen – “Phil was my SO.”
  • Fitzsimmons – “Nerds: Stop talking.”
  • Hill – “We drink. Things happen.”
  • Fury – “XO-0 Direct Access Line.”
  • May – “She's still pissed about the midgets, isn't she?”
  • Rogers – “We've never met.”
  • Romanoff – “We honeymooned in Brunai.”
  • Skye – TBD [i'm open to ideas]
  • Ward – TBD [He doesn't inspire me]

Here's some possibilities--

Skye--"Cute kid, but a know-nothing know-it-all.  Hopefully, she'll learn."

Ward--"Competent as all hell, but I wish he'd take that ramrod out from up his behind."

Stark--"How does anyone spend more than ten minutes with him and not want very badly to punch his face?"

Thor--"Haven't met him.  Sounds like he does all his thinking with his hammer."

Hand--"I've heard rumors that she smiles, but I don't believe them."

Garrett--"Heard all the stories, and Coulson vouches for him. He's good."

Hope that helps.