Babylon 5 Hero

Aroooo

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Web Site Update

I've posted an update to the B5 site:

Activated the link to the Psionics Section! (Still need to work on the latent telepath section though.)

Added the Asimov Luxury Liner.

Updated the Icarus and Skylark writeups with some missing skills/programs/systems. Updated the rest of the ships (nothing new, just sorted the skills and program listings.)

I want to finish up the fighters section with the Drazi fighter (I'll leave the fighters of the Older Races for much later), then its off to the capital ships!

Aroooo

Originally posted by Aroooo

Wow! I'm flattered.

Aroooo, you have really done a lot of hard work on this conversion. It has, thus far, been a pleasure to hop on over to the site and monitor the progress. Not only that, but you have been open to constructive criticism. That's not easy when you do put a lot of effort into something. I only hope to use the conversion in a game someday.

By the way, how did your correspondence with the B5 Technical Manual webmaster go? It would be really good to see pictures to go with the stats. :)

Anyways, good job. Keep up the good work. I believe you're starting to get an honest to goodness fanbase.

Thanks for the nice words!

I actually have not gotten any official word from the B5 Tech Manual creator on permission to use/link to his graphics. I suspect that he's still in a little shell shock - he's been having a horrible time lately with someone in the UK hyjacking his stuff without permission. So, I have not been too pressed to press him for another person to borrow his work. For now I'm going to let dogs lay and work with him more as I get ready to do the PDF.

Aroooo

• 2 weeks later...

Not an update, but fun anyway

While I finish up a sample character or two this weekend, my group found a really cool web site that answers the eternal gamer question: Which is the better starship?

http://www.spacebattles.com contains loads of fan created movies of all your classic SciFi ships duking it out. Its old, but really cool. (Most of the files are AVI, coded with the Indeo codec, so Mac OSX users will have problems with the video. We're working on converting them to plain quicktime should anyone be interested in that format.)

Aroooo

great stuff Aroo....

You just helped me out tremendiously indeed, with all the work youve put into this...

That and i'm still new to Hero doesnt help me out trying to figure these things out as quickly as you guys can. But from seeing this, it shows me, how things can be done right...and accurately...

i was working on the Psi-Corp idea, and boy was i not figuring these things out, like you did...

i'm starting to believe Hero is too cruchy for me....alot of work when creating characters, ect...but After Character creation, things are easy :D

Originally posted by TechnoGothic

great stuff Aroo....

You just helped me out tremendiously indeed, with all the work youve put into this...

That and i'm still new to Hero doesnt help me out trying to figure these things out as quickly as you guys can. But from seeing this, it shows me, how things can be done right...and accurately...

i was working on the Psi-Corp idea, and boy was i not figuring these things out, like you did...

i'm starting to believe Hero is too cruchy for me....alot of work when creating characters, ect...but After Character creation, things are easy :D

First off, thanks for the nice words, and I'm glad I could help :)

Second, don't think Hero is too crunchy-don't get discouraged. It will only take you a matter of a short time till you get the hang of the system. Once you're there, the crunchyness gets easy. There are some good threads on the Hero System Discussion section for new Players/GMs. Worth the read.

Aroooo

Re: Running at cons?

I wonder what the legal issues would be in trying to run a B5 Hero game at a big con like Gen-Con or Origins?

I do not think there are any legal issues at all. I have seen plenty of Avengers/X-Men/JLA Hero games at cons. I think Derek runs a Super Friends adventure at a con. As long as you are not trying to bill it as an "official" B5 event there should be no problems.

Re: Running at cons?

I wonder what the legal issues would be in trying to run a B5 Hero game at a big con like Gen-Con or Origins?

Aroooo

Just email the guy and ask him. JMS -- J. Michael Staczynski, the creator of B5 -- is very approachable on the internet and he has been for years, ever since the pilot of B5. Well, back then you had to be on CompuServe. :)

His email address is jmsatb5@aol.com

You can also post on his moderated B5 USENET newsgroup: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Re: New Character

Jobou Wulao, Centauri Merchant (and spy) has been added to the sample character section. This is the first character that I wrote to specifically be on Babylon 5.

Aroooo

http://www.aroooo.com/rpg_stuff/b5/index.php

So, I just finished watching first season of B5, after seeing Aroooo's website. (Well, only the first 20 episodes, not the last two.)

Question: In what season does Centauri genitalia get discussed? That seems a little.... weird.

Re: Re: New Character

Originally posted by Citizen Keen

So, I just finished watching first season of B5, after seeing Aroooo's website. (Well, only the first 20 episodes, not the last two.)

Question: In what season does Centauri genitalia get discussed? That seems a little.... weird.

I thought it was discussed in the first season. I believe Lando is showing Lineer a model of a god/goddess and explaining how it is 'anatomically correct'.

If you think that the discussion is wierd - wait until you see how Lando uses it/them to cheat at poker. ;)

Arrooo,

I have one question as to your write up of the Centauri.

According to the write up the male (uh) organs can lift as much as the character's arms. I always thought that they should be limited to the amount of str that can be applied. Remember, Londo had trouble getting his (uhhh) organ out from under the pitcher.

Possibly add can only use up to 2 kgs Str wth organs (-?) to reduce cost?

TimS.

I otherwise find everything to begreatly written up, and better in many ways to my own stuff.

Originally posted by Tim

Arrooo,

I have one question as to your write up of the Centauri.

According to the write up the male (uh) organs can lift as much as the character's arms. I always thought that they should be limited to the amount of str that can be applied. Remember, Londo had trouble getting his (uhhh) organ out from under the pitcher.

Possibly add can only use up to 2 kgs Str wth organs (-?) to reduce cost?

TimS.

I otherwise find everything to begreatly written up, and better in many ways to my own stuff.

That's a good point. I'll add that in. From the poker 'incident' I was looking at it from the point that Londo did not want to move because the pitcher would tip over, thus his cheating be discovered. But the less STR is a good obsvervation.

And thanks for the nice words!

Aroooo