My ordeals

JmOz

On 1/7/2018 at 5:44 AM, JmOz said:

Thank you for the support...It is just very...painful/hard/draining/don't really know the word each day.

I do appreciate the support, and Old-man thanks for caring enough to keep it on page 1

I didn't respond to the thread before, because I never know what to say in these situations. HOWEVER . . . I'd love it if you replied and checked back in with us, so we know you're OK.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 4:43 PM, JmOz said:

Sorry guys.  It got bad for me, and then work got bad, and well I have hid under my covers alot recently...

I have got back into painting miniatures, no I have not been able to see a councilor (problem  with living in the middle of nowhere)...Sorry I have not checked in recently...

Hiding under the covers is better than other alternatives.

What minis? Pics?

All my best wishes and sympathies to you, JmOz. I've been hospitalized for major clinical depression myself, and one thing I would recommend is reading Russ Harris' book The Reality Slap: Finding Peace and Fulfillment When Life Hurts. It was recommended by my (very good) therapist and has insights and some self-care exercises that I found very helpful. Not a substitute for being able to talk about your problems with a skilled therapist, but when such is hard to arrange maybe it could be of some use in the meantime?

• 1 month later...